Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

!!  i was wondering but had no idea at all, about Tee Lopes having found out about him last year sometime and noticed that he seemed to have stopped making new music.  apparently it is the best possible cause for that!

this seems like an open door for any new possibilities, this type of Sonic game will surely continue to be developed and expanded upon after this first one gets its feet on the ground!  that would be basically like this will be a bridge from the original Genesis games that will allow their style to be officially continued with as much support and audience as possible!! !

It looks very ambitious and exceptionally creative! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ChikoLad said:

2) Fans, non-fans, and journalists say SEGA should "go back to the classics". They do this in the best possible way. And then all of these people who clamoured for Classic Sonic are saying "this is all we get, a smaller indie game?" all of a sudden. And these are the SAME people who complain about games like Unleashed for adding elements to make the game longer and more content heavy.

No, I expect it's mostly modern fans reacting poorly to this, not the people who were asking for classic Sonic. Don't mistake the wide variety of voices within the fanbase for a single self-contradictory voice.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm just gonna say this: Sonic Mania looks great, and I'll definitely be picking this up, but, if this were the one Sonic game coming out in 2017, without a new 3D adventure, I would be incredibly disappointed. Yes, I saw the schedule, so I'm still holding out hope for a new 3D adventure, but I can't pretend I wasn't a little underwhelmed. Now, if/when the new 3D game is unveiled, then I'll get hyped for Sonic Mania.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Scar said:

People need to be fucking patient. Fuck.

Sega has run out of a lot of people's patience. 

For me i'm just watching daredevil season 2 again until the stream is done and everything is wrapped up. So i'm aiight

It was introduced and spoken about as if this were the 25th anniversary game. You have to understand why people got concerned. Looks great, but c'mon.

Just now, VolatileMike said:

It was introduced and spoken about as if this were the 25th anniversary game.

No? Not that I heard, at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can you imagine if at the end Johnny says they have a special song to play, and the end of Crush 40 live is a tease of the main theme of the new game?

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

No? Not that I heard, at least.

Actually I don't think anyone heard....unless you were there in person.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, VolatileMike said:

It was introduced and spoken about as if this were the 25th anniversary game. You have to understand why people got concerned. Looks great, but c'mon.

It looks absolutely amazing, my concern comes from the misinformation people seem to be having for the game as you can see in this thread.

It's not a Sonic Team game, it's a Taxman game. This man's game.

My disappointment comes in not being able to see Tails and Knuckles in these lovely sprites, but that's a tiny fan disappointment cause hell I miss playing as those two in new games without having to revisit the classics

Honestly, I thought Sonic Mania looked fine, but here's hoping for a truly new 3D game, with tons of polish, of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

No, I expect it's mostly modern fans reacting poorly to this, not the people who were asking for classic Sonic. Don't mistake the wide variety of voices within the fanbase for a single self-contradictory voice.

I think the true Classic fans love it, I've seen that.

But there are plenty of "non-fans" (i.e "normies" who don't truly keep up with the franchise) who are disappointed because it's not a $60 high budget game.

Also people saying it ain't new enough. And those same people did also say "go back 2 classik" because that was the cool thing to say.

2 minutes ago, ChikoLad said:

I think the true Classic fans love it, I've seen that.

But there are plenty of "non-fans" (i.e "normies" who don't truly keep up with the franchise) who are disappointed because it's not a $60 high budget game.

Also people saying it ain't new enough. And those same people did also say "go back 2 classik" because that was the cool thing to say.

Guess I'm considered "normies" who don't truly keep up with the franchise (when I'm been a fan since 94). Yeah ok. Not everyone wanted a 2D sonic game they could have easily called sonic 5. I wanted something for my console that made me remember, hey it's 2016/2017. Classics are fine. But it seems like an easy way out, like what Capcom did with megaman 9-10.

Still think it's weird that the franchise that began in Green Hill Zone spawned games with songs like I Am...All of Me. It's been a weird 25 years

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

Still think it's weird that the franchise that began in Green Hill Zone spawned games with songs like I Am...All of Me. It's been a weird 25 years

Which is why this 25 year ride has been an interesting one.

7 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

I actually didn't realize C40 had this many sonic related songs.

Is it me or is this crowd not really feeling this performance?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Eternal EX said:

I actually didn't realize C40 had this many sonic related songs.

Is it me or is this crowd not really feeling this performance?

I could see some bored faces earlier, so you're not alone. Especially when they were doing their own music.

I just want them to move on already. This guy just cannot sing well live.

I think the crowd's into it. It's just the sound quality is awful so you can't really hear them.

• Thumbs Up 1

In all honesty this is probably their best live performance yet. What I'm Made of really sounds close to the studio version.