Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

Seriously.... Generations 2?

i think sega just threw sonic in the toilet

Seriously.... Generations 2?

i think sega just threw sonic in the toilet

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I feel like Sega really pulled through for me this year.  Sonic Mania looking absolutely brilliant, and even though I'm a bit iffy on the inclusion of classic Sonic, Project 2017 has definitely piqued my interest.  Even Fire and Ice looks marginally better than Shattered Crystal, even though it still doesn't look great.  I'm in a good mood now.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to take a "Wait and see" approach to the new Sonic game, but man...REALLY didn't like seeing Classic Sonic.

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I feel like Sega really pulled through for me this year.  Sonic Mania looking absolutely brilliant, and even though I'm a bit iffy on the inclusion of classic Sonic, Project 2017 has definitely piqued my interest.  Even Fire and Ice looks marginally better than Shattered Crystal, even though it still doesn't look great.  I'm in a good mood now.

I'm going to take a "Wait and see" approach to the new Sonic game, but man...REALLY didn't like seeing Classic Sonic.

I'm still trying to process everything that happened tonight.

I don't want to go so far as to say that "Sonic is back", but this is stuff that I really wanted to see.

The wait was so, so worth it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have a feeling Project 2017 might not be as Generations as we think. I think the base will be used, but all-new levels, a new hub, and possibly classic in 3D.

Just my thoughts. But yeah, we'll definitely be seeing more soon I hope.

I can see Classic and the other characters being used as support in stages, kinda like the extra stages in Generations. I don't think I want a Classic and Modern split again. 

• Thumbs Up 2

So, does anyone know what Aaron said when they displayed the sonic version of the Madeon logo? The streams audio cut out there...

1 hour ago, Eclipse said:

So, does anyone know what Aaron said when they displayed the sonic version of the Madeon logo? The streams audio cut out there...

Oh yeah. He said, "Whatever you do, DON'T tell Eclipse on SSMB what I said." Shhhhhhhhh....

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO ADD THAT I STARTED THE #AaronAdventure3 MEME AND I'M PROUD OF IT!

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Eclipse said:

Nope, nobody knows nothing, not even Madeon, I'm legit I just checked his twitter account and the guy affirms he knows absolutely nothing.

So, the trailers for both games went up on Sonic Channel; but something interesting to note.

CoN0Vw3WYAA86gF.jpg

Both games are referred to as part of "Project 2017," which sounds like some unified thing. Remember the "Year of Sonic" from those marketing materials that everyone went crazy over? Think that except the public's actually supposed to have seen this.

Very interestingly, next year actually marks the 20th Anniversary of...

Sz7Gp5d.jpg

PROJECT SONIC. A Saturn marketing scheme that also covered several games:

CoN1D3HXEAAk75M.jpg This doesn't necessarily mean much, I just thought it was interesting to note; especially with a "Saturn-esque" Sonic game on the way. 

Here's the notable tweet anyway, note that it says "two videos for Project Sonic 2017": 

• Thumbs Up 7

So apparently this guy was in charge of livestreaming the party and hearing him and his team's struggles on the livestream really sucks.

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Kabalni said:

So apparently this guy was in charge of livestreaming the party and hearing him and his team's struggles on the livestream really sucks.

Thank you for this! From that link I found that he made the intro music for the party! 

• Thumbs Up 4

The only two questions I remember, were what Classic game Mania is taking inspiration from, the answer being all of them. The other was whether or not SA3 is being made (This was before they revealed Sonic '17). The answer there is obviously no, but they did say they knew people wanted it and would keep it in mind.

Aaron also said something about Big, but I forget the context.

5 hours ago, Marcello said:

Aaron also said something about Big, but I forget the context.

Aaron was just making a joke question about who is the best character and why is it Big the Cat?

I think it was Hoshino who told Aaron that it's Metal that's the best and then they came up with how about Metal Big? Where Hoshino said that it would be too powerful.

And it all went to the fans.

15 minutes ago, Kabalni said:

Aaron was just making a joke question about who is the best character and why is it Big the Cat?

I think it was Hoshino who told Aaron that it's Metal that's the best and then they came up with how about Metal Big? Where Hoshino said that it would be too powerful.

And it all went to the fans.

Interesting, so their favorites are Big and Metal, and I remember reading somewhere that Iizuka's favorite is Shadow.

Well it's obvious Hoshino would have a fondness for Metal, he created him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Something strange is happening. 

It makes no sense to give a date for when they'll talk about it if nothing is happening, but SEGA Europe actually releasing something makes even less sense.