Awoo.

Confirmed: Iizuka is at Sega of America "Rumour: Overseeing Multiple Sonic Games/SOA to be Sonic Hub"

Badnik Mechanic

56 minutes ago, Scar said:

Wait, so I'm missing something here. Was Boom originally intended to be multiplatform, before being forced into exclusivity late into development? Is there proof of this? If there isn't then by all accounts BRB should have had the basic competency to design a game which could be properly run on the platform for which it was being developed. Don't you think so? The Wii U isn't so poor a console that it "can't support a game", BRB just weren't good enough to get the game to work properly. 

1: Is there proof of this.

Kinda.

Various footage from trailers and documentaries show the game running at a shockingly higher quality. In some cases totally new areas which got either scrapped or totally redone.

Also add onto that how every photo from what was a Wii U developer studio had tons of Sony and Microsoft systems all over the place but no nintendo systems. 

1 employee of BRB claims that they were making Boom for an 'unconfirmed next gen console.'

2: The rest of what you said. 

That's not how software contacts work. As the client Sega would have given BRB a brief, now from what we do know Sega liked the cry engine and liked what BRB were doing so they gave them the contract.

If however they did it similar to how they've done other outsourced contracts.  BRB would have to have met various milestones and in order to pitch for the rest of the budget.

So odds are given the work which we have seen, concept art, proto footage, it looks great. Not suprised sega gave them the full contract.

However, with Sega now in a deal with Nintendo suddenly that 'unspecified console' becomes the Wii U.

So cry engine doesn't work on it. Yet Sega wants it.

BRB points this out. Sega still wants it.

BRB points out the game will perform badly. Sega still wants.

Conspiracy theory time: They needed a game because they also had a tv show and toy line deadline.

I think what happened here is that BRB were in a bad catch 22. They were making a game for a system which can't run cry engine. What do you do? Refuse to make it, the client sues you/refuses to pay and depending on the contract type can legally take the work you've done and leave you with nothing. 

That and the fact the head of BRB has admitted they had no plan/direction for Boom didn't help.

Basically, everybody failed except for the fans who wanted answers from the start.

• Thumbs Up 9

1 minute ago, Detective Hogfather said:

1: Is there proof of this.

Kinda.

Various footage from trailers and documentaries show the game running at a shockingly higher quality. In some cases totally new areas which got either scrapped or totally redone.

Also add onto that how every photo from what was a Wii U developer studio had tons of Sony and Microsoft systems all over the place but no nintendo systems. 

1 employee of BRB claims that they were making Boom for an 'unconfirmed next gen console.'

2: The rest of what you said. 

That's not how software contacts work. As the client Sega would have given BRB a brief, now from what we do know Sega liked the cry engine and liked what BRB were doing so they gave them the contract.

If however they did it similar to how they've done other outsourced contracts.  BRB would have to have met various milestones and in order to pitch for the rest of the budget.

So odds are given the work which we have seen, concept art, proto footage, it looks great. Not suprised sega gave them the full contract.

However, with Sega now in a deal with Nintendo suddenly that 'unspecified console' becomes the Wii U.

So cry engine doesn't work on it. Yet Sega wants it.

BRB points this out. Sega still wants it.

BRB points out the game will perform badly. Sega still wants.

Conspiracy theory time: They needed a game because they also had a tv show and toy line deadline.

I think what happened here is that BRB were in a bad catch 22. They were making a game for a system which can't run cry engine. What do you do? Refuse to make it, the client sues you/refuses to pay and depending on the contract type can legally take the work you've done and leave you with nothing. 

That and the fact the head of BRB has admitted they had no plan/direction for Boom didn't help.

Basically, everybody failed except for the fans who wanted answers from the start.

Interesting, so I have missed stuff.

Just proves to me that Boom was an unmitigated disaster show from the start. 

Relaying this back to my point, not sure how Iizuka could have gotten himself involved in a meaningful way based on this. He has his own team to manage and SEGA was off fucking Boom up hard. How does a game without a plan get made...this is the real question. 

3 hours ago, Scar said:

Interesting, so I have missed stuff.

Just proves to me that Boom was an unmitigated disaster show from the start. 

Relaying this back to my point, not sure how Iizuka could have gotten himself involved in a meaningful way based on this. He has his own team to manage and SEGA was off fucking Boom up hard. How does a game without a plan get made...this is the real question. 

The same way a game gets made because an employee rolls up a piece of paper, think it's a neat idea, and makes Lost World out of it...

Yes, that's how Lost World began, saw it in one of the developer videos.

3 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

I'm not really annoyed by him, just bothered by the fact he moves to the US now to oversee the new guy when he should have done so during the development of BOOM to aid in its success especially. It just seems... Odd to me.

No he shouldn't. 

Sega of America contracted that game out to a studio who by all rights were going to do a good job. 

Iizuka job is to look after his own development team and ensure they're doing a good job on heir next project. 

He never did this for any of Sumo Digital games. Hell they were over to Japan and spoke directly with SOJ whenever they needed something or wanted to give a progress report so why should he be expected to monitor Boom when his responsibility was to Sonic Team.

12 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

The same way a game gets made because an employee rolls up a piece of paper, think it's a neat idea, and makes Lost World out of it...

Yes, that's how Lost World began, saw it in one of the developer videos.

So are you going to edit this post to include the parts about how they thought it would be cool to see Sonic interact in an environment which turns and rotates in a 3D space as opposed to previous games? And how the paper was just used to illustrate the concept in the real physical world?

Because when you add that part in which was also in the documentary. Suddenly it doesn't sound as stupid as your selective quote makes out.

How else do you want them to explain a digital concept and mathematical concept which is quick and easy for people to understand?

Using something as simple and accessible is a perfectly valid method to illustrate an idea.

Fun Fact a lot of great games are made from simple stupid ideas.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm not interested in the idea of Sonic being another d@mn Zelda series where it's some odd years just for a new big Sonic game with only re-releases to fill the void for the most part because people b@$ch "one at a time!! too many!! focus!!" and all that

So now it's a problem that SEGA listens to fans?

Also, there's a difference between "having an opinion" and "bitching".

20 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

multiple games in the past were never an issue, it's called spin-off's that were actually successes despite the spiteful protests, including the Advanced and Rush games, the Riders games "until Free f@cked it up" and the Racing titles.

Then you had Black Knight as a spin-off which, by and large, is greatly underappreciated for doing what it did to fix Secret Rings mistakes.

Firstly, the Advance and Rush games are not considered spin-offs. They're considered main series handheld titles. Not to mention the handheld titles are produced mostly by Dimps. SEGA and Sonic Team don't really have much to do with those titles, including production, so it doesn't hurt them to let those games be produced simultaneously with others.

Secondly, the Riders games have always been released in the same year as main series Sonic titles and this has hurt the main series, which matters the most. Sonic Riders was released in 2006, which cut away at development time for Sonic 06. Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity was released in 2008, which cut away at development time for Unleashed, a game that has received divided opinions and a gimmick that not many are fond of. Sonic Free Riders came out in 2010, which cut away at development time for Colors. However, Colors didn't take as much work compared to previous titles (there was a lot less to work on, like animations and gameplay styles) so Free Riders didn't dent it that much. However, Sonic Free Riders ended up being a bad game due to the poor controls and, to a degree, the lazy cutscenes.

Thirdly, Black Knight was released in 2009, a year where there was very few Sonic releases. In fact, I believe Black Knight was the only Sonic release that year.

Lastly, calling them successes is up for debate. It depends on who you talk to, and what they think of the games.

There's nothing wrong with multiple Sonic games whatsoever, it's a matter of the right people behind the job.

You can have the "right people behind the job" all you want, but when you're multitasking on multiple projects all at once it will take its toll, no matter who is at the helm. Polishing games becomes more difficult, and if there's one thing Sonic games have needed, it's polish. Heroes needed polish, Shadow's game needed polish, Sonic 06 needed polish, Secret Rings needed polish, and Unleashed needed a little polish. Hell, even the Adventure games needed some polish. In fact, as Sonic Team released less and less games, the quality went up, the amount of glitches decreased a ton, and.level design seemed to have been fine-tuned more.

When Sonic Team and SEGA aren't recklessly bombarding people with games, the quality goes up. Lost World, despite its flaws, was even polished. I didn't really encounter any glitches or awkward control for the vast majority of my Wii U and Steam runs, something that I probably wouldn't have been able to say 8 years ago.

The more Sonic Team can focus on a game, the better it will turn out. And with the franchise in the state it's in at the moment, it can't afford to be reckless.

• Thumbs Up 8

3 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

So now it's a problem that SEGA listens to fans?

Also, there's a difference between "having an opinion" and "bitching".

Firstly, the Advance and Rush games are not considered spin-offs. They're considered main series handheld titles. Not to mention the handheld titles are produced mostly by Dimps. SEGA and Sonic Team don't really have much to do with those titles, including production, so it doesn't hurt them to let those games be produced simultaneously with others.

Secondly, the Riders games have always been released in the same year as main series Sonic titles and this has hurt the main series, which matters the most. Sonic Riders was released in 2006, which cut away at development time for Sonic 06. Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity was released in 2008, which cut away at development time for Unleashed, a game that has received divided opinions and a gimmick that not many are fond of. Sonic Free Riders came out in 2010, which cut away at development time for Colors. However, Colors didn't take as much work compared to previous titles (there was a lot less to work on, like animations and gameplay styles) so Free Riders didn't dent it that much. However, Sonic Free Riders ended up being a bad game due to the poor controls and, to a degree, the lazy cutscenes.

Thirdly, Black Knight was released in 2009, a year where there was very few Sonic releases. In fact, I believe Black Knight was the only Sonic release that year.

Lastly, calling them successes is up for debate. It depends on who you talk to, and what they think of the games.

You can have the "right people behind the job" all you want, but when you're multitasking on multiple projects all at once it will take its toll, no matter who is at the helm. Polishing games becomes more difficult, and if there's one thing Sonic games have needed, it's polish. Heroes needed polish, Shadow's game needed polish, Sonic 06 needed polish, Secret Rings needed polish, and Unleashed needed a little polish. Hell, even the Adventure games needed some polish. In fact, as Sonic Team released less and less games, the quality went up, the amount of glitches decreased a ton, and.level design seemed to have been fine-tuned more.

When Sonic Team and SEGA aren't recklessly bombarding people with games, the quality goes up. Lost World, despite its flaws, was even polished. I didn't really encounter any glitches or awkward control for the vast majority of my Wii U and Steam runs, something that I probably wouldn't have been able to say 8 years ago.

The more Sonic Team can focus on a game, the better it will turn out. And with the franchise in the state it's in at the moment, it can't afford to be reckless.

So... Are we discussing this on the magical assumption SEGA is so dirt poor they can't hire more people to work on multiple titles in favor of dividing a thin amount of staff...?

It's a matter of proper management and the classic motto "spend it to make it" basically. Rather than split one group, leave said group on its current project and hire a new group, contract more people for a different project, then there you go.

It's a matter of not being narrow/simple minded on SEGA's part and actually putting forth a willingness to fork out their cash for the franchises sake/betterment.

And, of course, having the competency to be professional in favor of how they managed their money and planning with the BOOM project when they DO actually do as I've stated.

So... Are we discussing this on the magical assumption SEGA is so dirt poor they can't hire more people to work on multiple titles in favor of dividing a thin amount of staff...?

It has got nothing to do with money. It's human mentality and stamina. People can only take so much, no matter how many of them there are.

It's a matter of proper management and the classic motto "spend it to make it" basically. Rather than split one group, leave said group on its current project and hire a new group, contract more people for a different project, then there you go.

Proper management isn't going to change anything, and hiring a new group just means you have even more to handle. You're still having to oversee that project.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

It's a matter of not being narrow/simple minded on SEGA's part and actually putting forth a willingness to fork out their cash for the franchises sake/betterment.

Again, cash has nothing to do with this.

• Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

It has got nothing to do with money. It's human mentality and stamina. People can only take so much, no matter how many of them there are.

Proper management isn't going to change anything, and hiring a new group just means you have even more to handle. You're still having to oversee that project.

...You seem to have very small expectations out of SEGA...

...Or very, VERY low standards...

You should expect them to have more capability than what they've shown in recent years when it comes to their IP's, especially everything revolving Sonic, this is a company that should be capable of twice as much. They delivered countless games simultaneously in the past and despite mixed reception of some, by and large they profited extraordinarily well.

Your mindset seemingly revolves "Don't expect so much out of SEGA, they're doing there best" it seems and it's not a mindset I can agree with. Then again, you seem to defend them in general no matter the topic at hand... Kudos for the support you show but at the same time, don't be afraid of expecting more out of the company when it has proven it's perfectly capable of handling much more than they do presently.

You seem to have a knack for telling people what they should think. 

And you're kind of blatantly twisting his words there to suit your stance too much there @Chris Knopps

That's not fair to fellow forum-goers.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, IniMeenieMiney-Jo-Vahexeon said:

You seem to have a knack for telling people what they should think. 

And you're kind of blatantly twisting his words there to suit your stance too much there @Chris Knopps

That's not really fair to fellow forum-goers.

I simply feel more faith in SEGA's capability is needed. They can do more if they choose to do so, they've proven they can. They needn't take a constantly simplistic route when ambition is not a profane word, just badly implemented.

I don't recall anyone saying that SEGA shouldn't dare to be ambitious, if anything if Sonic Team need to gain back the trust due to the Boom games; they need a strong kick of a game to put them on the right track.

But I can see why people don't feel very trustworthy to SEGA, just when things were going fine with Colors and Generations (Lost World to an extent). They've repeated a mistake they've done almost a decade ago. They rushed out a game that wasn't finished and it failed because of that, I mean considering that 3D Sonic games always seems to be off the mark in some aspect, some people don't want a game that isn't just some parts good but rather have an overall good game with no bullcrap pulling the game down.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, sansy said:

I don't recall anyone saying that SEGA shouldn't dare to be ambitious, if anything if Sonic Team need to gain back the trust due to the Boom games; they need a strong kick of a game to put them on the right track.

But I can see why people don't feel very trustworthy to SEGA, just when things were going fine with Colors and Generations (Lost World to an extent). They've repeated a mistake they've done almost a decade ago. They rushed out a game that wasn't finished and it failed because of that, I mean considering that 3D Sonic games always seems to be off the mark in some aspect, some people don't want a game that isn't just some parts good but rather have an overall good game with no bullcrap pulling the game down.

It's a matter of the general vibe, that doing more is bad so the less they do the better because I suppose SEGA is too incompetent for anything but simplicity, which I'd like to hold some shred of faith that's not completely the case.

With the US/western branches garnering more power/importance nowadays, here's an idea...

With feedback from the west thanks to Mr. Iizuka's presence, the east makes the 3D main series titles, while the west started production of a new 2D main series to coexist, that way you've still got something to play on your CONSOLE between 3D title releases and not just your random app, (which SEGA has a HORRID track record with thus far), sports games, racers, or BOOM handheld titles.

We've two divisions seemingly becoming Sonic powerhouses now, let the east do 3D games, the west 2D games, and there you go. Money keeps on rolling between 3D games and consumers don't lose anymore interest in the franchise due to Sonic's nonexistence on consoles in the meantime.

...You seem to have very small expectations out of SEGA...

...Or very, VERY low standards...

What do standards and expectations have to do with human stamina and mentality?

You should expect them to have more capability than what they've shown in recent years when it comes to their IP's, especially everything revolving Sonic, this is a company that should be capable of twice as much. They delivered countless games simultaneously in the past and despite mixed reception of some, by and large they profited extraordinarily well.

Once again, money is not the point when you put out games that were rushed and unpolished like Sonic '06, Shadow, Heroes, Secret Rings, and more. If you keep recklessly pumping out games that are all over the place in quality, you will lose consumers and gradually money..Poor-quality games will hurt.

Your mindset seemingly revolves "Don't expect so much out of SEGA, they're doing there best" it seems and it's not a mindset I can agree with. don't be afraid of expecting more out of the company

No, my mindset revolves "SEGA isn't Superman and shouldn't try to be because it will just blow up in their faces".

Then again, you seem to defend them in general no matter the topic at hand...

Someone has not paid attention to anything I've said. Even with this debate with you, I've called some of SEGA's products unpolished and rushed. I thought we were past this "you disagree with me so you're obviously a SEGA defender/fanboy" mentality 6 years ago but this is just ridiculous.

it has proven it's perfectly capable of handling much more than they do presently.

No, it really hasn't. Again, I mention 06, Shadow, Heroes, Secret Rings, and more. They're rushed and unpolished games.

What do standards and expectations have to do with human stamina and mentality?

Once again, money is not the point when you put out games that were rushed and unpolished like Sonic '06, Shadow, Heroes, Secret Rings, and more. If you keep recklessly pumping out games that are all over the place in quality, you will lose consumers and gradually money..Poor-quality games will hurt.

No, my mindset revolves "SEGA isn't Superman and shouldn't try to be because it will just blow up in their faces".

Someone has not paid attention to anything I've said. Even with this debate with you, I've called some of SEGA's products unpolished and rushed. I thought we were past this "you disagree with me so you're obviously a SEGA defender/fanboy" mentality 6 years ago but this is just ridiculous.

No, it really hasn't. Again, I mention 06, Shadow, Heroes, Secret Rings, and more. They're rushed and unpolished games.

Wooooooaaaah there space dandy, when did HEROES fall into that category? To my recollection Heroes is still viewed pretty high up there.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

Wooooooaaaah there space dandy, when did HEROES fall into that category? To my recollection Heroes is still viewed pretty high up there.

You'd be surprised then. The Gamecube version is relatively stable, but other versions are very glitchy and the lack of polish will really show.

• Thumbs Up 1

You'd be surprised then. The Gamecube version is relatively stable, but other versions are very glitchy and the lack of polish will really show.

I only had/played the GameCube version but control issues in mind I'd still consider them fairly polished and descent all around. Some work needed on the battle mechanics revolving forced stops but Heroes was definitely worth dipping into further in a future title.

It's more than just the controls for a game to be polished. The levels need some love too.

It's a matter of the general vibe, that doing more is bad so the less they do the better because I suppose SEGA is too incompetent for anything but simplicity, which I'd like to hold some shred of faith that's not completely the case.

Perhaps they still had crazy deadlines and just didn't want to make more bad games so they decided to make less ambitious games that are finished and polished. Colors does a great job at what it tries to do, Generations is a fun and polished game aside from the lackluster final boss, which fits my theory about tight schedules along with supposed cut story ideas (at least I've heard so). Lost World is at least a finished game. But if it's true that the next game has been in development for several years and that SEGA will care more about quality, I think we have a reason to be at least somewhat optimistic.

Heroes also forces you to play the main story four times, with the levels in the same order, with no change besides enemy health bars and repeated level assets, and the complete bollocks that is Team Chaotix, all of which seems like the easiest way possible to pad out game time whilst still ticking off the 'It's like Sonic Adventure!' box. IMO, that's where the rot sets in.

• Thumbs Up 8

7 minutes ago, Hyp3hat said:

Heroes also forces you to play the main story four times, with the levels in the same order, with no change besides enemy health bars and repeated level assets, and the complete bollocks that is Team Chaotix, all of which seems like the easiest way possible to pad out game time whilst still ticking off the 'It's like Sonic Adventure!' box. IMO, that's where the rot sets in.

Don't forget about the last story and having to collect all the chaos emeralds in those God awful special stages due to their horridness control and despicable physics.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/1/2016 at 11:08 AM, The Very First Miru to Me said:

So like, while I agree polish is good, and sega has proved in 2016 that sega jank is still very much a thing. 

I don't think that's the problem, its a problem, but its the problem that sort of a result of a problem. Even back in 05 with shadow they were having this problem, they don't actually I feel about think about concepts before to long, before working. They sort of feel sonic kind of needs to change shit up, and just pun not intended rolls with it. And it has had varying levels of success. There seems to be at the heart of sonic, this idea sonic needs to be different all the time, and it kind of doesn't. And no matter how hard you polish something, you aren't going to fix a games ideological issues.

Lost world is a prime example of this, to me that game is a pile of sterile shit. Polish or no, that game is just bland and nothing. 

Like I feel like there needs to be a change like direction when it comes to coming up with concepts, if you are going to do something new like think about it, like think about instead of just rolling with it. And they need to polish their games. I don't mind change, my favorite character is shadow, many of my favorite games are the results of them taking chances. I just feel like maybe before you start taking chances you need like foundation, a baseline? And maybe I dunno, people say " why didn't they make another generations type game" why didn't they? It seemed to be one of the most successful 3d attempts they had in years. Hell why didn't they even monetize that game better, they could have released characters after the fact but... no. Just... moved on.. Maybe there needs to be a foundation to the house, and kind of a house before you start adding shit to the house. 

This is about mechanic elements... mostly. There is some character and theming stuff that also fall into this category but are largely another argument and discussion all together.. One I particularly feel strong about, but it isn't this one. 

On 4/12/2016 at 9:19 PM, SSF1991 said:

I suppose then , they should have probably been preparing younger dudes to eventually become people who can oversee stuff like this so they can expand again. Like i get you , it takes a toll, but lets not pretend people havent gotten around that. While yeah, miyamoto pokes his head in the room and occasionally has to see stuff, dude hasn't actually been actively making  mario and zelda games... in years, more than a decade IIRC because he has groups of people he kind of largely trust  with these things.Heck, the thing that he seems to be often actively interjecting in nowadays, Paper Mario seems to have been actively made worse by his imput maybe he should do even less stuff. He does pikmin, pikmin is good, and apparently the new starfox. Having people he can trust to do things allows him to do these things.  And I don't know if they have been doing that, but maybe they should try cultivating that sort of thing.  

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I suppose then , they should have probably been preparing younger dudes to eventually become people who can oversee stuff like this so they can expand again. Like i get you , it takes a toll, but lets not pretend people havent gotten around that. While yeah, miyamoto pokes his head in the room and occasionally has to see stuff, dude hasn't actually been actively making  mario and zelda games... in years, more than a decade IIRC because he has groups of people he kind of largely trust  with these things.Heck, the thing that he seems to be often actively interjecting in nowadays, Paper Mario seems to have been actively made worse by his imput maybe he should do even less stuff. He does pikmin, pikmin is good, and apparently the new starfox. Having people he can trust to do things allows him to do these things.  And I don't know if they have been doing that, but maybe they should try cultivating that sort of thing.  

Thing is Nintendo is in a much better state than SEGA. And they have been known for taking their time on their games, so there's no backlash they have to keep in mind.

The problem is having trustworthy people is not going to help SEGA's smaller divisions, Stamina and mentality is still a significant factor.

Not to mention when SEGA does try to "get around things" it never goes well. Especially in the last decade.

• Thumbs Up 4

20 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

Thing is Nintendo is in a much better state than SEGA. And they have been known for taking their time on their games, so there's no backlash they have to keep in mind.

The problem is having trustworthy people is not going to help SEGA's smaller divisions, Stamina and mentality is still a significant factor.

Not to mention when SEGA does try to "get around things" it never goes well. Especially in the last decade.

Like what you are saying is true, but to be honest, not excuses not try especially in this market.

You act as if sega exists in a vaccume, it doesn't there are plenty of examples of brands expanding, heck sega is trying to do that right now.. But, there needs be a ground work that doesn't exist. That is what they are trying to get around. The concept of them cultivating groups that can handle sonic, isn't getting around anything. Its hard work, but it pays off in the long run, and again to their credit they are trying to do that. I think boom is gaint symbolism of that, its also a giant ass symbolism of a lack of ground work. And that's their issue, they like to build houses with messed up foundations They need to slow down, yes its hard but if you invest and make quality products, it may work on out in the long run.

Sega is doing a DC and just trying to rush to the plate, and maybe they should hang back and pull a marvel. yeah there are some chances to take, and it takes a while but you get a bunch of worth while things to sell, to fund your other things. 

Are there any signs that Sega of America has been staffing up again to work on any of this or that they're getting other companies to do it? Leaning towards the latter at the moment, seems as though they'd have made an announcement of the former, unless they made a full in house team, as in, not even a wholly-owned subsidiary but fully integrated developers. 

Or maybe this turned into a game: 

relic_sonic-e1359148688416-660x883.jpg

Oh, seeing people bringing up Sega's financial situation compared to Nintendo, Sega's in an unusual position for them, Sonic currently makes up very little of their video game revenue, Sega's gone and made themselves primarily a publisher of RTS games on the PC of all things, so they're actually in a position where they can and probably need to take their time with a Sonic game if they want a return on investment, both to make it worth while for players, and to give everyone a bit of time to forget about Rise of Lyric. 

• Thumbs Up 1