Awoo.

Confirmed: Iizuka is at Sega of America "Rumour: Overseeing Multiple Sonic Games/SOA to be Sonic Hub"

Badnik Mechanic

That's because it's Sonic's anniversary month though. That tells us nothing about the game's announcement.. not that a game announcement then wouldn't be plausible, mind (for the same reason).

• Thumbs Up 2

40 minutes ago, Jango said:

Also E3. That's a dead giveaway.

I can't believe I didn't notice this. The last twitter post has an emphasis on the number 3 (the symbol, 3 red squares, 3 blue squares), so maybe E3.

7 minutes ago, Detective Chameleon said:

I can't believe I didn't notice this. The last twitter post has an emphasis on the number 3 (the symbol, 3 red squares, 3 blue squares), so maybe E3.

I thought they said they wouldn't be at e3

4 minutes ago, RobbieTheLebeau said:

I thought they said they wouldn't be at e3

Aaron said there won't be an E3 party/event. That doesn't confirm Sonic will not be present in any form, I tried to ask around but there aren't many speculations about this.

I just can't get myself to believe that they'd let E3 go without anything Sonic on a year like this. At the same time though, I can completely understand them wanting to save the curtain raise for the party. I could see them providing a Generations-style CG teaser trailer at E3 but stopping short on giving a name or gameplay and then giving us the full look in July.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Joy said:

I just can't get myself to believe that they'd let E3 go without anything Sonic on a year like this. At the same time though, I can completely understand them wanting to save the curtain raise for the party. I could see them providing a Generations-style CG teaser trailer at E3 but stopping short on giving a name or gameplay and then giving us the full look in July.

I hope there would not be a cg trailer,i mean,a cg trailer gives false leads,remember assassin creed 3 or rogue?

There's also that E3 event thing which Sega is trying to say isn't happening despite Mr Ivo saying in an interview that it was.

6 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

All signs point to June now.

Is it likely that a teaser (NOT AN ANNOUNCEMENT) might be on the horizon for Sonic's 25th anniversary day, June 23rd?

Is this game supposed to be coming out this year? Teasing the announcements of announcements for so long will give Sega less time to advertise the game itself once it's revealed.

44 minutes ago, Azoo said:

I doubt it is. We're probably gonna get it early next year, if anything.

Which begs the question as to what it is that Sonic Team are working on. The last game they made came out in 2013 - over 3 years of development time is no joke.

I'd like to hope that this time the budget and scope of the game are a little closer to Unleashed than Colours or Gens. This much time would surely be to produce something grand right?.....Right...?

3 minutes ago, Scar said:

Which begs the question as to what it is that Sonic Team are working on. The last game they made came out in 2013 - over 3 years of development time is no joke.

I'd like to hope that this time the budget and scope of the game are a little closer to Unleashed than Colours or Gens. This much time would surely be to produce something grand right?.....Right...?

No,i had learned that developement time =/= good game,remember ride to hell?

Ride to Hell was made by a small-time developer and cancelled before showing up again five years later in an almost completely different design state than what was known and seen of it beforehand. It's not relevant.

• Thumbs Up 1

And now for a minor update...

"We have the 25th anniversary coming up and there have been items and news stories in the press about that milestone,” Clark says. “That’s imminent. We have a very talented team over in the US that are currently working out the best and strongest direction to take Sonic the Hedgehog as a franchise.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/how-pc-has-shaped-the-future-of-sega/0167284

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

"We have the 25th anniversary coming up and there have been items and news stories in the press about that milestone,” Clark says. “That’s imminent. We have a very talented team over in the US that are currently working out the best and strongest direction to take Sonic the Hedgehog as a franchise.”

I think this is why Iizuka is there, maybe it has to do with Boom and how it will affect the franchise as a whole. I can see them joining the main franchise with Boom if the show makes enough money, I just wish the games to be Sonic games, and not low quality children tie-in games.

22 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

This litterally means nothing.

But Aiight i guess

Just now, Shadowlax said:

This litterally means nothing.

But Aiight i guess

Are you sure? Because I'm quite sure it means that the US side if Sega is leading the development/direction of Sonic for the 25th and not the Japanese side which for the last... 25 years has been pretty much unheard of.

Also it further supports the claim that SOA would become a Sonic hub.

• Thumbs Up 7

US led development?

I guess we can look forward to true 1:1 meme integration in the next game then! :V

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Are you sure? Because I'm quite sure it means that the US side if Sega is leading the development/direction of Sonic for the 25th and not the Japanese side which for the last... 25 years has been pretty much unheard of.

Also it further supports the claim that SOA would become a Sonic hub.

That means something

Im talking about the "strongest direction" statement. Which after the few years. And onestatement by rubieclipse if right confirming jim sterling's fears 100 percent.

I have no faith, i hope because I care. But my belief in them is none

It means nothing until there's something to show.

Kinda tired of empty words at this point. I'm ready for the goods; no more, no less.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

This was kind of already known, you even put it in the thread title (and labelled it as a rumour for some reason)

Just now, TimmiT said:

This was kind of already known, you even put it in the thread title (and labelled it as a rumour for some reason)

Had no hard source.

Just now, Detective Hogfather said:

Had no hard source.

Yes you did, the Gamasutra article:

[Takashi Iizuka] serves as vice president of product development and will move from Tokyo to "establish Los Angeles as the centralized hub for the global brand," according to the press release.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/269429/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_has_a_new_boss_and_a_new_direction.php