Awoo.

Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3: The Trail

Kfarc

This is in the console code, I found it funny XD

*** The man with the memes mulls on momentous matters of much import...

• Thumbs Up 2

I got the terribly hard maze instead of flappybird and for the record i'm glad i'm not playing the trash that is flappy bird

But yeah this is a really well made Sonic Big game. And I know this is a fan-made game but the official Sonic twitter posted it, so it's automatically official to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, there are SA-arts for those who want: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qbbe9udrktmeut2/BBFA3+-+SA.rar

I ripped only those, because this is what I only needed from there... 
Fans love these arts and we need them back in the main Sonic games, SEGA! Gene please pass over this message to them
P.S. Unless you already have them in the upcoming Sonic game

• Thumbs Up 4

I was just playing through the game again, trying to see if there is anything special about that GUN box and something occurred to me. You know when he tries to break the box open and he says he needs a better lure? Well in the fishing minigame it says that catching fish makes the fishing rod stronger and if you collect them all, he flashes at the title screen. Perhaps this is when you need to replay the Sonic and Eggman part and something different will happen with the box. I'm going to try this out right away.

Edit: It doesn't work. The dialogue is the same as before. Does anyone have a better idea?

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

I know this is gonna sound weird because I love the characterization from Lost World and stuff but I found this game to have the finest character interaction we've had in years. 

It also Made Sonic COMMIT some Wrongs since long time... Uff.

Spoiler

-Sonic throwing Eggman's conch to control the Zeti, did make the Zeti go wild... Also, Tails situation, and how his early actions affected the world.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Loved the new artwork. Probably just made by the fans that worked on this game but still cool.
  • Yay! Sonic (or should I say Big?) visual novel... game!
  • Love how Shadow only just comes in just to be savage towards Knuckles.
  • Though, Knuckles makes some pretty good comebacks, must admit. Loving the interaction.
  • Speaking of Savage, Eggman had no chill in this game ("If anyone knows how to rush a game, It's Sonic!").
  • The Maze was Easy, that Flappy Bird mini game though... (Died too many times to admit)
  • The fishing game was pretty cool too, though, that might just be me.

I give the game a 10/10. Would play again.

• Thumbs Up 3

Meh, sorry didn't like it. I'm sure it took a lot of work and very functionality is impressive, but  don't dig the jokes, and that's kinda the meat of whole thing.

But I didn't like stories of Colors, Lost World, Generations, Boom games, so maybe it's aimed for the latest Sonic fans.

I know it's a parody but it wasn't really that funny to me. I wish I could've liked it but I couldn't get a chuckle from those jokes.

Also did anyone else found the game laggy? It keeps on freezing on my computer.

So I finally got around to playing through the trial and I was pretty satisfied with it. I wouldn't have guessed in a whole year of this running gag that this come to fruition! I'm guessing Aaron must have the dorkiest of nerdy grins when he was finally ready to announce it! Roger Craig Smith has said as such during the SXSW panel so yeah.

The story is actually pretty nice and it's self-aware (which is a plus to me personally). Big is making a game and his deadline is tomorrow and with Froggy missing, he has to work fast and get his game out before said deadline which is kind of clever to hint at how SEGA are aware of how rushing games to meet deadlines is a terrible idea, I mean look at games like 06, Rise of Lyric or Colonial Marines. But those are in the past. Another thing I really like was the dialogue, I know a joke game has actual nice dialogue? "lol Soni plz, you actually find Rise of Lyric's dialogue fun, you have no standards." Is what some people might think 

Spoiler

sadly they're right, i can't even meet papyrus' standards. ;(

But I did actually really like how in-characters the dialogue is. Big isn't really portrayed as dumb, just simple-minded. With the right dialogue paths, Big can help Sonic fight Eggman because he wants to help his friends. I mean, I love that Big has became pretty popular because of the running gag but's really nice to see that Big is just adorable and caring. Eggman is just perfect, nothing else can be said. Trashing talking Big and Sonic was perfect, he stole the show! Sonic is at his his true Adventure dorkiness but goes for a McNosehair (which Eggman tells him to be get better material, which is admittedly great even though I like some of Pontac/Graff's writing). I still stand by that Knuckles is still a pretty boring character in the main series games and this joke game kinda proves it to me, he was pretty fun and easy-going. And last but not least, Shadow! Again, great dialogue as well! Really did like the banter between the 2 over which spinoff game (Shadow's True Story is canon tho) was the best. I don't like Shadow in terms of story, I just find it ridiculous but I can see some sort of potential for it but alas Iizuka just went at a wrong direction when he wrote the story but I did enjoy the gameplay, not great but it was pretty fun. Chaotix was pretty fun game although not as memorable as the Classic games, really enjoyed the Ring Tether mechanic to it but it was never really fleshed out as much as it should so yeah.

The minigames are pretty fun. Flappy Big, I mean what else can you say? I mean, it's not the first Sonic-themed Flappy Bird clone, Velocity Wings is a really nice Flappy Birds clone and you guys should check it out if you haven't already. I mean, I didn't have too much trouble getting the hang of it, it was fun. And that maze game was alright but surprised that it was reference, so I guess those who got that reference must have been really happy or losing their shit or both. But the main course was the fishing. I really liked the idea that the more fish you get, the stronger your rod is! It was pretty fun and listening to that music, that's some damn good fishing music! And considering that Hyper Potions had a part in composing some music for this game, you know the same music group that had one of its songs featured in Fire & Ice's reveal trailer, I wasn't surprised that it was some really solid stuff! So we have both Madeon and Hyper Potions being promoted by Sonic social media, that's pretty amazing!

Overall, I personally really enjoyed it. Fun dialogue that felt natural to the characters, short but fun minigames and overall amazed that this is an actual thing!

Spoiler

I can't fucking believe I wrote that much for a joke game!  XD

• Thumbs Up 3

I didn't like the fourth wall breaking dialogue so much, like Knuckles and Shadow arguing about how great their games are. The funnier jokes were the in-character ones lacking the really big winking at the audience for me.

But between this and Dreams Collection, I'd be perfectly content if the Sonic franchise continued entirely as randomly released fangames. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sega Sky posted the teaser from SXSW

In the video description:

A clean version of Sonic Labyrinth 2.mp4. Stay tuned for the full game featuring great new additions like Shooting Stages, Dating Sim, and more!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 6 months later...

Sooooo, this topic is long overdue for a bump.

We've had The Trial and now we get THE GAME :D

Quoting from Retro:

For those who may have missed it, some updates from this past weekend:

-BBFA3 takes place during Sonic Adventure 2 and explains Big's cameos.
-There will be voice acting in the game, done primarily by fans. However...
-Sonic will be played by Roger Craig Smith.
-Dr. Eggman will be played by Mike Pollock.
-BBFA3 will be released as a charity game for Child's Play. More info soon.
-The game will be released in December 2016. 

Pretty cool they've got Mike & Roger!

• Thumbs Up 1

that's where you're wrong, me bromigo.

Big's Big Fishing Adventure 2 was Big's campaign in Adventure. The McDonalds' Toy game, Big's Fishing, is where this godsend of a project began!

At the Sonic & SEGA Fan Jam, there was a panel about BBFA3 and papa bless, they streamed that panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksw1CXa-pkU

It starts at about 45 minutes in.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

The link won't open for me...Dang, I really wanted to play it. I may be alone here, but I always loved the Big parts in SA.

Ahh, don't worry about it. Just wait for the full game to come out at some point at December. It'll be even better than the the trial. After all, Mike Pollock and Roger Craig Smith are gonna be voicing Eggman and Sonic in it, lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You probably remember when BBFA3 was supposed to come out this year, right?

Well since it's almost the end of the year and it's not here yet. Welp, here's the official statement from Sega of Virgin Islands!

C09dvC4XgAA2CWd.jpgC09dvywWQAAjexd.jpg

So yeah, get hyped for Mania and Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3!

• Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...

So a couple of small stuff has happened, when I mean by small; I mean absolutely nothing.

First off, there's a proper Twitter account for the BBFA3.

https://twitter.com/BigsFishingAdv3

And if some of you had speedran the trial, there's a page dedicated to it.

http://www.speedrun.com/bigs_big_fishing_adventure_3_the_trial

That is all.

Your boi MegaGWolf is gonna be the voice of ol. B.I.G himself!

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Kfarc said:

Voice-acting. Oh my... This project is bigger then I thought...

The Big in Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 wasn't for show.

• Thumbs Up 1