Awoo.

Weekly Theme Sendoff

Chris

My favorite theme? It's a mixed between Batty, Hammered, Dundee and Catfish (dark). I just loved the colors for all of them and with Dundee green is my favorite color so it was nice to see that. With the others, I do enjoy light colors and the catfish dark theme is the only dark theme that doesn't hurt my eyes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Dundee, for the simple fact green is my favourite colour, and it's one of the more eye-appealing themes around here (Until the dark themes come in at least). The Silver theme is my second favourite.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really love the Dark Sonical theme. In my opinion, it looks clean, and I like its dark blue colour. The other themes (except Catfish Dark) have a white background, which is a bit eyesore and boring for me. But don't get me wrong, you have done a great job, and I love all the themes! I also can't wait to see what other themes will be done! :)

*whispers*: I would suggest some themes which would look like the old banners, for example some background themes. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Torn between Hammered and Batty.  I love both the color schemes and I like Amy enough to use her. XP - Batty is a bit closer to my prefered color range, but I'm not big on her character.

I'm so glad to see all these skins are available again!

• Thumbs Up 1

I use All of Angst. Shadow isn't my favorite character, but for some reason suits me. And it reminds me that the theme of Team Dark, This Machine, was made by Julien-K, my favorite band. And Neutral theme of Shadow the Hedgehog is Waking Up was done by Julien-K as well. And if you do not know, my avatar is the California Noir logo (and the avatar of all members of Julien-K on social media).
  • Thumbs Up 2

This is gonna sound similar to Ryan but my favourite is the Silver, and after that Vecotr's, bacause green is my favourite color(and my eyes color).

• Thumbs Up 1

You've done a great job with all these themes, and I LOVE Hammered, Hard Boiled and Two Foxy, but Sonical Dark just can't be beat. It reminds me most of pre IPB update SSMB, when I was super obsessively active here and really felt like a contributing member, and it looks so damn slick. Thanks for your work.

My favorites are All the Angst, Dungee, and Hard Boiled but I do like Catfish (Dark) mostly because it reminds me of SSMB before all these server wipes happened. I do wanna see more dark themes because of that and I just don't like seeing a lot of white. I do like both the characters and the colors my favorite themes use but the white does kill it a bit for me.

Catfish Dark - with the other characters not getting dark variations, I was kind of loathing the return of Catfish, because I thought it'd just be a bright variation - but you brought back Dark! I'm so thankful for that, it's MUCH easier on the eyes. Thanks!!

It seems the best was saved for last. Catfish Dark is my favorite.

However, not sure if this belongs here, but the little symbols on the left of threads that show whether they've been read or not are really hard to see on Catfish Dark.

I still stick to The Vector theme... although darn, I've been hoping for a Team Hooligan theme :( a mixed color theme would be rather cool

Catfish Dark is the ultimate theme.Saving the best for last, completely understand. Yup. Right shade of purple, very easy on the eyes, it has BIG...yeah I dont see myself switching any time soon.

I DID like the Hard Booked and Kinetic Psycho skins though.

I've primarily been using Catfish (Dark) and Batty! I just really love purple--and Big and Rouge too, of course!  P:

Thanks for all the hard work! I'm a bit interested in seeing what themes we might get in the future, but honestly, we've got a bunch of amazing options to choose from already, so... ?

Shame, I would like to see brand new themes added to the site. I already suggested a Fiona Fox theme in a status message, named Betrayer. Currently using the Rouge theme, Batty.

I really like the Dark Sonical theme because it reminds me of the days when I first started SSMB... Ah, good times! :)

My personal favorite's been the Shadow theme--I think it's had my favorite color scheme of the bunch, and went nicely against the brighter white of the main board design. It's been the theme I've used the most, so, admittedly, besides checking them out when they were made available, I'd almost always jump back to Shadow's theme since I liked the colors the best... and because I like Shadow, naturally.

I also liked Hard Boiled--it was a nice change up with the gray tones, and it works quite well with how colorful the rest of the board is with people's avatars, rewards, sigs, etc.

Now that we've had these all rolled out, I might give the others a closer look. I really liked the color scheme on Creamed and Batty, so I might switch over to those for a bit.

All in all, it's been great seeing these added and what kind of choices we have for browsing, so thanks for all the hard work you put into these, Chris!

And sorry I wasn't too active about actually testing/critiquing. I'm lazy.

I was using every theme as it released, but then Catfish came along and I didn't use it. I just don't want to associate this great forum with dumb cat (I'm really sorry Big the Cat fans, no offence ;)) and would like to see at other beautiful characters. For now I'm using Hammered a lot since Amy is my second favourite character after Sonic. Sonic I see in other media a lot, and since SSMB has opportunity to have Amy as theme, I use this theme to have something different in my eyes after all other than Sonic. Thank you again, Chris, for this theme!

But overall, every theme is nice, charming and beautiful! Looking forward to see what you have next. :)

• 2 weeks later...