Awoo.

Summer of Sonic 2016 "Mr Yuji Naka is alright!"

Badnik Mechanic

At the cost of being avaricious, I might just go.

Assuming I can get a ticket, so that's probably a no. At least I save myself the under $2k!

Hopefully all present will have a good time, though! I'll continue to pray there's an expansion at some point.

I don't have anyone to go with but I might try and go if I can get a ticket. I've never gone travelling on my own before so it should be fun!

• Thumbs Up 1

Date: August 6th 2016

Venue: ILEC Conference Centre in Earls Court, London, 

Capacity: 1000+

• Thumbs Up 2

YES! My holiday destination is back! I'll be back again, waited so long for this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Going for the first time since 2012!

I need fresh air more often anyway, being cooped up in this house all the time gets boring lmao

• Thumbs Up 2

• The topic was featured

OH HELL YES.

BACKED.

(also, nice to get a ticket without the stress of them disappearing within 5 seconds this year!)

• Thumbs Up 4

Having missed/passed on the last one. Glad to come back, especially for the 25th anniversary. I'm actually looking forward to seeing people again more than the event itself too. It's been way too long since i've met up with so many of you awesome guys. :P

• Thumbs Up 3

Good to see it back. It should be a good one, as always.

Now there's just debating whether to go, as I doubt tickets are going to go as fast as when they were free.

I haven't been since 2011, so this would be my first time as TSS staff. Gotta get my low profile tactics more up to snuff than ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm super hyped. Hotel and travel booked already cos those sort of prices usually only go up! It's also nice that the venue has a hotel attached to it this time!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm happy that it returned. 2014's event was so fun and I'm happy that I'll be going this year. Even with the 25th Anniversary, there was due to be something around the corner at this time.

Fantastic news ^_^

This is amazing news! It's nice to see Summer of Sonic back again and I would love to take part in it and experience it firsthand but alas, my meme overtook my wallet and now, I'm in the dumps. Oh well, still glad to see it's happening once more!

The Sonic Generations tier already gone. Not surprised.

Oh and it already reached half way in its goal within five hours of its announcement. 

Obviously I won't have the funds to go, so I'm hoping for some sort of streaming akin to the last event. But first thing first is seeing this get funded. Then the 'let's see where this goes guys' card can be played second.

I want to give thanks for making it paid this year. This means everyone has a chance.

I will most likely grab a ticket, BUT I have my doubts about doing so since I'm not sure it'd be transferable... sadly, the UK's a bit of an expense to go to!

Fuckin' psyched I gotta say.  Grabbed my tickets and went for the t-shirt tier just as a show of appreciation for all the previous free years that I would have happily paid for.

Aw yiss. I missed out last time but there's no way I'll miss this one after waiting for so long.

I've never travelled to London alone before but I'll definitely give it a shot for this.

I'm so happy it's coming back! I already backed the kickstarter and got the ok for time off from work, so I'm really looking forward to going to SoS again!

1 hour ago, Rocket Raccoogilvie said:

I want to give thanks for making it paid this year. This means everyone has a chance.

I will most likely grab a ticket, BUT I have my doubts about doing so since I'm not sure it'd be transferable... sadly, the UK's a bit of an expense to go to!

You could always grab one, then if you find out you can't go email the organisers, I'm sure they can put your ticket back into the public space.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've just backed it! (My first Kickstarter back, too.) Really hoping to see one of my favourite conventions return. I've gone twice before (2012 & 2013) but this is the one I'm most looking forward to!

Since I never went to the last big anniversary event, does anyone here know or remember how the 2011 SoS compared to the later years? Was it any bigger/louder, or were they all about the same?

2 hours ago, N'egga Man said:

I've just backed it! (My first Kickstarter back, too.) Really hoping to see one of my favourite conventions return. I've gone twice before (2012 & 2013) but this is the one I'm most looking forward to!

Since I never went to the last big anniversary event, does anyone here know or remember how the 2011 SoS compared to the later years? Was it any bigger/louder, or were they all about the same?

2011 was actually my first SOS convention I went to. A lot of people compared to others were around and some of my favourites too on my behalf. I can't remember from the top of my head for how many there were in total, but it was steaming hot inside due to no air conditioning (I believe) and was very crowded too, making it a bit tricky for some to get around. Louder, slightly so. Never went to 2012's, but the building held in 2013 felt slightly bigger than 2011's.

I did make a post about SOS 2011, but I can't find it anywhere nore in the activities. It just details what I did on the day itself when I was attending.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think SoS has ever gone backwards in any aspect of it really.  2011 had the best guest line-up overall I think but that just varies from year to year.  Other than guests it has simply got bigger and better air-conditioned each year lol.