Awoo.

Summer of Sonic 2016 "Mr Yuji Naka is alright!"

Badnik Mechanic

I, unfortunately, can't make it. I seriously would love to, but I just simply can't. I have college during that time and I just don't think I could afford that kind of thing.

But I backed it up any way, I think having a T-shirt  souvenir would be good enough. I'd image the other pledges would cost over 100 bucks for me anyway.

They have now reached £16,490 out of £20,000! To accommodate more people they have some new multi ticket incentives...

• SONIC'S SCHOOL HOUSE: This is a new tier, that we hope will accommodate those who want to visit with young families. This tier reward includes TWO Summer of Sonic invitations, PLUS TWO invitations for children that are aged 5 or under - £40(4 left as I type)
  • SONIC TRIPLE TROUBLE: This tier was more popular than we initially anticipated, so we have released more - £60(5 left as I type)
  • SONIC 3D BLAST: In addition to requests for more 3 x invite combinations, we have also added this new tier, which includes THREE Summer of Sonic invitations and THREE event T-shirts - £105(3 left as I type)

So if you need more multi buy tickets, on you go guys! We're almost there! Let's make it a fun one guys!

• Thumbs Up 3

This is the first time that I'll actually be able to go to any sort of Sonic-related event and I'm pretty excited for it!

• Thumbs Up 3

Out of curiosity, does anybody who's done this before have any suggestions for cheap hotels near the venue? I should probably get booked up soon but, like I say, I'm completely new to roaming outside my Glasgow walls alone!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Joy said:

Out of curiosity, does anybody who's done this before have any suggestions for cheap hotels near the venue? I should probably get booked up soon but, like I say, I'm completely new to roaming outside my Glasgow walls alone!

This is VERY outdated information and you will need to travel via tube/bus on the day to get to SOS, but if you want info now...

http://2013.summerofsonic.com/travel/

http://2010.summerofsonic.com/blog/summer-of-sonic-10-places-to-stay/

http://2012.summerofsonic.com/travel/

If... and this is a big IF, I have time I will try and do something tonight, but this is a HUGE if. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 4/8/2016 at 3:14 AM, Joy said:

There's the Ibis Earl's Court which is attached the venue. I've stayed at Ibis many times while traveling around Europe and never had a problem with them. There's also a cheaper hotel close to the venue called Lily Hotel.

• Thumbs Up 2

Won't be crossing the pond to go, but I'll happily donate some funds so I can be there in spirit and get a T-Shirt out of it.

*click*click*

Boom. have fun peeps.

• Thumbs Up 1

At time of...typing, SOS 16 now at 93% funded.

Go go go go! Summer of Sonic!
Sonicing! Hedgehoging! 
Sexy T-Bird, yeah!

Or something along those lines anyway. Still lots of time for you to get your support in but why not do it soon huh? 

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I think the most sensible thing would be to take 50 or so out of the 1-ticket t-shirt band and give it to the 1-ticket band (also what u smokin Kevin, there's less than 10 2-ticket packages left :P).

Hello! First post on this forum (That makes me a n00b right?)

I've backed this! Never been to one before. This looks epic!

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, bmn said:

It will be - thanks for the support, and see you at SoS :)

Rolling this out again, because.

Yeh looking forward to it! Ive never actually been to any kind of convention before! It will be nice to meet other fans. I'm going to Sonic 25 as well. Im going on my own to that and kinda nervous.

1 hour ago, bmn said:

Yeah, I think the most sensible thing would be to take 50 or so out of the 1-ticket t-shirt band and give it to the 1-ticket band (also what u smokin Kevin, there's less than 10 2-ticket packages left :P).

I dunno what it was but stop blowing that stuff over here...

I looked at it earlier and it said 90 remaining - which I did think was super weird at the time! Must've been a glitch.

Out of curiosity, will those of us who pledged between £40 to £70 be able to pick up a T shirt during the event? Really not fussed either way but it'd be a nifty little memento to grab if that's possible.

2 hours ago, Joy said:

Out of curiosity, will those of us who pledged between £40 to £70 be able to pick up a T shirt during the event? Really not fussed either way but it'd be a nifty little memento to grab if that's possible.

I would imagine that's how it's going to work, just down to the fact that it will save a fortune if people can pick them up at the venue over posting them out.

+ then everybody can wear the shirt and walk around London afterwards and then point at each other and go "Ohhhh!" as they realise they're both Sonic fans.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Detective Hogfather said:

then everybody can wear the shirt and walk around London afterwards and then point at each other and go "Ohhhh!" as they realise they're both Sonic fans.

And the organisers can go "nice shirt!" when they see them  - and you can look at them like "who the **** are you?"

Every. Single. Time. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

+ then everybody can wear the shirt and walk around London afterwards and then point at each other and go "Ohhhh!" as they realise they're both Sonic fans.

Move over Queeny, The cool kids are in town.

It now stands at £19,039. Less than a thousand to go! We will get it this year :-) Good luck organisers

• Thumbs Up 1

Still kind of saddened that I won't be able to make it :( It looks like so much fun.

8 minutes ago, Haalyle said:

Still kind of saddened that I won't be able to make it :( It looks like so much fun.

There will, no doubt be some form of livestream courtesy of The Sonic Show who traditionally produce one at SOS, with commentary from @SSF1991 and lots of online support and discussion. We (the organisers) then pop on where we can to answer questions and say hi.

• Thumbs Up 5

17 minutes ago, AAUK said:

There will, no doubt be some form of livestream courtesy of The Sonic Show who traditionally produce one at SOS, with commentary from @SSF1991 and lots of online support and discussion. We (the organisers) then pop on where we can to answer questions and say hi.

Ah, awesome! I'll see if I'll be able to make the livestream then.

9 hours ago, AAUK said:

And the organisers can go "nice shirt!" when they see them  - and you can look at them like "who the **** are you?"

Every. Single. Time. :lol:

Haha, it must be a lonely existence for ya.

That will teach you not to wear the Sonic Colors pre-order cap 24/7.

With less £500 left, the show runners have added 45 tickets to the £20 Single ticket! It's so close I can smell it...oh boy, we need Johnny to pay for air conditioning again.

• Thumbs Up 2