Awoo.

Summer of Sonic 2016 "Mr Yuji Naka is alright!"

Badnik Mechanic

Thanks @Project Phoenix, just remembered and done mine! If anyone wants to watch, here it is.

Anyone else done one?

Edit: Oh look! Tyson Hesse,famous for SONIC MEGA DRIVE is coming to SoS! Also, Art competition is a go!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tbird/the-summer-of-sonic-uk-fan-convention-one-more-run/posts/1625895

• Thumbs Up 1

From Kickstarter page: 

Two announcements today for Summer of Sonic 2016 events:

Crush 40 Performance

e75cfea2ac28517bae90d52016691e61_origina

Crush 40 will once again be hitting the main stage at Summer of Sonic stage this year, performing their hits from over 15 years of Sonic the Hedgehog soundtracks!

As with past events, the performance will close out the show, so be sure to stick around and rock out with Jun and Johnny until the end of the day!

History of Summer of Sonic Panel

10b4eac344ae8a10d55001a3aa6d8651_origina

Hello everyone, Kevin "AAUK" Eva here! You may remember me from my days as SEGA of Europe Community Manager, and a time when Werehogs roamed the land. I have been resurrected by the powers of Summer of Sonic to bring you not one, but two announcements!

Summer of Sonic is unique and amazing event, starting as a fan gather that eventually forged a fantastic partnership between SEGA and the Sonic the Hedgehog fandom. This year marks the tenth anniversary of Summer of Sonic, from it's inception as an online event created by Svend Joscelyne, and ten years since the first idea of Summer of Sonic as a convention was coined in a little tea room in Nottingham.

At Summer of Sonic 2016 we invite you to join myself along with Summer of Sonic Coordinators Svend Joscelyne and Adam Tuff for a special panel to discuss the History of SOS. From upstart early days to present, relive ten years plus of funny moments and untold behind the scenes stories both from the community and SEGA sides about the creation of a convention that defied convention.

As our roster of events has grown so massive, for the first time in Summer of Sonic history, we will have a dedicated second stage which will play host to panels and interviews throughout the day. Yup, Summer of Sonic is essentially going to have a second track. We have limited space in the second second stage room, so entry will be allowed on a first-come, first-served basis.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Kevin, Adam & Svend

• Thumbs Up 8

Never Mind The Buzzbombers makes a return. Should be a good watch again.

From the latest post on the Kickstarter page.

Greetings everyone! Dave here and I'm back with everybody's favourite convention game show of Sonic themed madness, mess and mayhem, Never Mind the Buzzbombers!

Two teams will do battle in a series of games and challenges designed to prove who has the greatest knowledge of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Our first team captain is none other than Svend "Dreadknux" Joscelyne! Svend is back and ready to pit his knowledge of all things Sonic against his opponent and second team captain Dr Adam Tuff (that's right, one of our team captains is now a Dr and if he thinks that's going to help him then he came to the wrong game show!). Each team will be joined by a special guest who will assist them in victory. Who are those special guests? Well that's a surprise!

Each team roster will be completed by two lucky guests from the audience! If you want a chance to help your team captain to victory and win some amazing prizes in the process.

"How do I get picked?" I hear you ask. Just make sure you're at the main stage for the start of the event, and make sure the Captains know you are the one to pick! Feel free to hold up signs, hire a sky writer, or invade the venue with a badnik army - the most stand out guests in the audience are the most likely to get picked!

Will Svend return to reclaim his crown!? Will Adam design a build us a Death Egg!? Will the air conditioning bill be paid!? Be sure not to miss this year's competition!

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you have questions for Svend Joscelyne? Queries for Adam Tuff? Inquiries for Tyson Hesse? Well, join them, Jamie Egge Mann (Sonic Show host), Tanner Bachnick (Sonic Show host) and Matt Mannheimer (Tails Channel) for a Q&A called Community Spotlight!

Event Announcement: Community Spotlight LIVE Panel

1 like

fc20bba5f453debdf49e0f3ccfe8c0af_origina

Hello ladies and gentlemen!

My name is Pete "TitansCreed" Nethercote, here to talk to you once more about another panel happening at this year's Summer of Sonic event!

Once upon a time, I hosted an interview segment on Sonic Wrecks (now Last Minute Continue) which then moved to YouTube as the Community Spotlight. This year, I'm proud to announce the community spotlight will be returning for a one off show at Summer of Sonic, now aptly dubbed Community Spotlight LIVE.

Joining me for this one off greeting is a cavalcade of names within the Sonic community who have agreed to talk with me about the Sonic community and how they have joined and interacted with it over the span of the last several years.

Those people are: Svend "Dreadknux" Joscelyne and Adam Tuff of the Sonic Stadium and Summer of Sonic, Jamie Egge Mann and Tanner Bachnick of The Sonic Show, Matt Mannheimer of Tails Channel and Archie Sonic comic artist Tyson Hesse.

It is a great honour to be joined by these names, and we welcome you to join us on the Q&A stage at the Summer of Sonic 2016 event. We will be taking questions from the crowd, as well as some questions which you can submit to questions@summerofsonic.com.

We look forward to seeing you at the ILEC conference centre on August 6th!

Pete "TitansCreed" Nethercote

Also, on the Facebook, T-Bird says to ensure you are signed up for the hub as tickets will come soon. If you are still interested in getting a ticket, a few are left too. Just go here for details http://hub.summerofsonic.com/

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm planning to buy a T-Shirt from the hub to add within the price of my tickets before the start of August, but i'm wondering how I can add that to my account so that it can be collected on the day

Oh yeah, almost forgot one of the reasons I joined this site. :P

I am going to Summer of Sonic with a friend, so if anyone wants to chat between now and then, or meet up on the day, feel free to let me know!

Also, I will have a spare ticket, since I couldn't get a third person to come with me on the day. I don't know if anything can be done about that officially (I know I can't get it refunded), but if anyone wants a ticket (and t-shirt), I'd be willing to sell it for a bit less than the actual official price or trade it or something like that, depending on how the tickets are distributed. Wouldn't want it to go to waste.

3 hours ago, kimplix said:

I'm planning to buy a T-Shirt from the hub to add within the price of my tickets before the start of August, but i'm wondering how I can add that to my account so that it can be collected on the day

Just add a note to us when PayPal gives you the option, that it's for an existing account (and add your email address if it's not the same as your Kickstarter email address), and we'll sort that out :)

48 minutes ago, ChikoLad said:

Oh yeah, almost forgot one of the reasons I joined this site. :P

I am going to Summer of Sonic with a friend, so if anyone wants to chat between now and then, or meet up on the day, feel free to let me know!

Also, I will have a spare ticket, since I couldn't get a third person to come with me on the day. I don't know if anything can be done about that officially (I know I can't get it refunded), but if anyone wants a ticket (and t-shirt), I'd be willing to sell it for a bit less than the actual official price or trade it or something like that, depending on how the tickets are distributed. Wouldn't want it to go to waste.

From our side, if you found someone to trade to, we'd ask you to contact us with a way to contact the recipient (preferably their email address), and a confirmation of what part of your existing rewards you'd like to transfer. They'd get their own account with the rewards you provided, and you'd retain the rest.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, bmn said:

Just add a note to us when PayPal gives you the option, that it's for an existing account (and add your email address if it's not the same as your Kickstarter email address), and we'll sort that out :)

From our side, if you found someone to trade to, we'd ask you to contact us with a way to contact the recipient (preferably their email address), and a confirmation of what part of your existing rewards you'd like to transfer. They'd get their own account with the rewards you provided, and you'd retain the rest.

Sounds good, I'll do that.

If I can't find someone though, is there any way I could offer the ticket to the SoS staff for giveaway purposes or something?

16 hours ago, bmn said:

That's great to know. And as of T-Shirt size, can it be set throughout the hub or does the requested size also need to be written down via the notes as well through PayPal when given the existing account?

Hub, on the Your Settings page :)

20 hours ago, ChikoLad said:

Sounds good, I'll do that.

If I can't find someone though, is there any way I could offer the ticket to the SoS staff for giveaway purposes or something?

When (if?) we sell out for real, I think we may be attempting to set up a way for buyers and sellers to find each other (probably on Facebook). No idea how well it'll work though!

• Thumbs Up 3

PSt... hey... you know that Summer of Sonic website... yeah the one that's official... You should go look at it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Nice. A good number of guests easily viewable from the front page. And there still looks to be a few more.

12 hours ago, Mayor D said:

PSt... hey... you know that Summer of Sonic website... yeah the one that's official... You should go look at it.

Looks amazing. The design looks and feel of the site is great now that it has changed up. I can't wait to see who the other 3 guests are going to be

Ready to play Sonic Mania?............................and Sonic Boom Fire and Ice? Summer of Sonic has you covered.

Play Sonic Mania and More at Summer of Sonic’s Game Zone

It’s been a very exciting weekend for Sonic fans – if you’ve been keeping up with the latest blue blur news, you’ll have seen and heard all about the cool new things revealed by our friends at SEGA America during Sonic’s 25th Anniversary Celebrations in San Diego.

Sonic Mania

We can proudly announce that Sonic Mania, a new 2D adventure by the minds behind the re-release of Sonic CD, will be available to play on the Summer of Sonic show floor. We will have a number of PCs hooked up ready for you to play throughout the day.

Announced during the Sonic 25th Anniversary Celebration, this is a new game that doubles as a love letter to the 16-bit generation. Classic levels such as Green Hill Zone are given a new twist, and are joined by all-new stages like Studiopolis. Sonic also has a brand new move called the Drop Dash, which allows him to charge through obstacles as soon as he hits the ground!

Check out the trailer above and we hope you’ll look forward to playing this at Summer of Sonic 2016. This will be a queued event, due to the imminent popularity of the game, so please bear this in mind.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Sonic Mania won’t be the only game on show within Summer of Sonic’s Game Zone. Our friends at SEGA and Nintendo are planning to provide a number of 3DS pods with demos of the latest in the Sonic Boom series, Fire & Ice. Arriving later this year, the game was showcased at E3 2016 to a number of positive reviews from the Sonic community, so this will be a rare chance to see the game for yourself before release.

IMG_4277-5091x3394.jpg

Retro Sonic Games, Courtesy of Joypad

This being Sonic the Hedgehog 25th Anniversary, we felt it was only natural to celebrate the journey that the blue blur has taken over the years. This is why Summer of Sonic has teamed up with Joypad to give fans a chance to replay a selection of titles from Sonic’s history! A lot of these stations will include multiplayer titles so you can enjoy playing Sonic with your fellow show-goers.

We hope you’ll enjoy what we have to offer at Summer of Sonic 2016; we’re hoping to have our best show ever this year, and you can still purchase tickets for the show on our hub site here:
http://hub.summerofsonic.com/purchase/

More updates to come! See ya soon!
Svend & Adam

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh, this is great. I was expecting it but now it's confirmed I can look forward to it greatly.

Me and my friend will surely get a lot out of playing Sonic Mania, and I can test the new Sonic Boom to see how different it really is.

This event really is shaping up to be a good one.

Hopefully I will be able to play Mania. Very cool.

Dumb question. What time (on 6th August) does the event start and what time does it finish? Trying to think of a good time when to get there.

I assume we will receive our tickets soon?

Less than two weeks now. It's getting so near.

Hopefully I will be able to play Mania. Very cool.

Dumb question. What time (on 6th August) does the event start and what time does it finish? Trying to think of a good time when to get there.

I assume we will receive our tickets soon?

Less than two weeks now. It's getting so near.

Doors open between 9:30am - 10am with the stage schedule begining at 11am and the event ending around 7pm

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

Never been before (yay for being able to 'buy' tickets this time!) and very much looking forward to it.

What/who can I expect, vendor-wise? Nothing announced yet but based on previous events?

As well as Crush 40 playing, we have Jun playing some classic tunes (May have singers to do vocal tracks). Also, tickets are imminent.

Event Announcement: Jam With Jun!

2 likes

436bc72259146a7ecefdc327512af40b_origina

Hey all!

Hope you are all still hyped from our announcement that Sonic Mania will be playable at Summer of Sonic 2016! We will have more details on this very soon.

With less than two weeks to go, we have another event announcement today!

We are ecstatic to announce that Summer of Sonic will once again play host to one of our most popular mid-day events ever: Jam With Jun! Jun Senoue will be taking to the Summer of Sonic main stage, this time to perform some of the most memorable and rockin' songs from the Sonic Adventure era!

We want you guys to join in on vocals, so bring along those singing voices!

Tickets!

Tickets will be issued imminently! Thank you all for your patience on this; they should (barring any major technical hitches!) be issued this week, as we are adding the finishing touches to the issuing system. We appreciate you are eager to get them!

Once issued, you will be able to either print off a physical ticket which you will need to bring with you to the event, or if you have a mobile device, you can access your mobile ticket through your internet browser and show this at the door instead.

...and yet we still have more to announce! Stay tuned!

Adam & Svend

Also @Mr. Hardstone, the last time they had a general Sonic Merch stand with stuff like T-shirts, toys, books, plushes and other things you can find in most shops at the moment, as well as Jun having his stand where you buy Crush 40 T-shirts and various soundtracks. No official confirmation on this years yet!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think I got an e-mail about this, but there's another announcement - Mike Pollock Q & A

Event Announcement: Mike Pollock Q&A With Turbo Drive Live!

Mike-Pollock-and-Eggman

Greetings ladies and gentlemen! John “Turbo” Finlay here, host of SEGASonic Radio live show ‘Turbo Drive Live’.

It’s my pleasure to announce that Summer of Sonic 2016 will play host to a special one-on-one Q&A with one of the longest-running English voice actors currently active in the Sonic the Hedgehog series, Mike Pollock. While best known for his portrayal of Sonic’s arch nemesis, Dr Eggman, for thirteen years and counting, Mike is also known for his talents in the Sonic Boom TV series as Mayor Fink and Fastidious Beaver.

578bbefa4d6ad_TDLPromo2.PNG.ec1aa0edfe55bd45a3d157649be3501e

Join me and Mike in this special Q&A, where we take a look back at his life and career – finding out how the boy from New York grew up to start his media career, which would lead to a break into anime voice acting, right up to his time with 4Kids and the present day.

I hope to see you all there, when the Scotsman meets the Eggman in this very special one-off show.

Looking forward to this one, should be a great opportunity for some unique stories!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh look, Hardlight are coming. They have a special stage surprise and posters for us too. Neat!

Guest Announcement: Hardlight Studios

hardlight-logo

You thought we had run out of guests to announce, right? Well, we’re not done yet! We’re excited to reveal two new special guests for Summer of Sonic 2016, and you might know them for their hard work behind some of the apps you may have sitting in your mobile device.

Introducing Hardlight Studios, the UK-based developer that brought you Sonic Jump, Sonic Dash and Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom. Hardlight Studios is celebrating a huge milestone this year – 200 Million Downloads for Sonic Dash – and will be celebrating at SoS with a surprise on stage!

jbooth1
rurlings1

You will also get a chance to meet and greet with James Booth, the producer of Sonic Dash and Sonic Jump Fever, and Ruby Urlings, the producer of Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom, at a dedicated table area within the show floor. There will be exclusive Sonic Dash posters available, specially printed for Summer of Sonic, that James and Ruby will be able to sign for you too.

James and Ruby are also huge Sonic fans, just like us, so feel free to chat to them about their favourite games (besides their own, of course). We look forward to hosting Hardlight at Summer of Sonic 2016!

" A surprise" Well Classic Sonic is in Dash 1 so what other surprises does Hardlight have? Is Metal Sonic finally going to appear in the Dash games, will there be more characters in Jump/Jump Fever or the announcement of a new Sonic mobile game?

5 years later, Yuji Naka is making a return to Summer of Sonic. Having a Q&A and a signing session as well, this is going to be amazing!

Do you remember, waaay back when we held a Kickstarter campaign to make Summer of Sonic 2016 happen (it feels like so long ago), we had a third stretch goal that we didn’t quite make?

stretch3

Summer of Sonic ended up raising £31,625. Close, but no cigar… BUT, that wasn’t the end of the story. The team behind this year’s show clubbed together post-campaign to plump up the extra cash needed to secure a very special guest, who we are extremely proud to announce to you today.

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the return of former Sonic Team head and original programmer of Sonic the Hedgehog, Yuji Naka, to Summer of Sonic!

yuji-naka-june2011-fi-w

Naka-san previously attended Summer of Sonic 2011, to celebrate Sonic the Hedgehog’s 20th Anniversary – and now he’s returning to see the blue blur into his 25th. For many fans, Naka-san is a hero who programmed some of their favourite video games as a child; even during the Sega Saturn and Dreamcast era, the developer was behind some of the most iconic non-Sonic games of the time, including NiGHTS into Dreams and Phantasy Star Online.

Today, Naka-san leads his own independent studio called Prope, but still loves the hedgehog he helped create.

This announcement completes our headline guest roster, which includes legendary Sonic Team head and current Sonic producer, Takashi Iizuka! During the day, the two superstars will be available to meet and greet at the signing desks, and taking part in a special Q&A on the main stage where we discuss Sonic’s past, present and future.

Do You Have a Question for Iizuka-san and Naka-san?

We are accepting fan questions for the Iizuka-san and Naka-san Q&A panel that will take place live on stage. If you have a question, please post it as a comment to this post. While we can’t ask every question, we will do our best to fire the most interesting ones to Naka-san and Iizuka-san.

This is a rare opportunity to get your most burning question about Sonic answered by the two men behind Sonic’s past and future, so make sure you don’t miss your chance!

• Thumbs Up 6