Jump to content
Badnik Mechanic

Summer of Sonic 2016 "Mr Yuji Naka is alright!"

Recommended Posts

I, unfortunately, can't make it. I seriously would love to, but I just simply can't. I have college during that time and I just don't think I could afford that kind of thing.

But I backed it up any way, I think having a T-shirt  souvenir would be good enough. I'd image the other pledges would cost over 100 bucks for me anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have now reached £16,490 out of £20,000! To accommodate more people they have some new multi ticket incentives...

  • SONIC'S SCHOOL HOUSE: This is a new tier, that we hope will accommodate those who want to visit with young families. This tier reward includes TWO Summer of Sonic invitations, PLUS TWO invitations for children that are aged 5 or under - £40(4 left as I type)
  • SONIC TRIPLE TROUBLE: This tier was more popular than we initially anticipated, so we have released more - £60(5 left as I type)
  • SONIC 3D BLAST: In addition to requests for more 3 x invite combinations, we have also added this new tier, which includes THREE Summer of Sonic invitations and THREE event T-shirts - £105(3 left as I type)

So if you need more multi buy tickets, on you go guys! We're almost there! Let's make it a fun one guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity, does anybody who's done this before have any suggestions for cheap hotels near the venue? I should probably get booked up soon but, like I say, I'm completely new to roaming outside my Glasgow walls alone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Joy said:

Out of curiosity, does anybody who's done this before have any suggestions for cheap hotels near the venue? I should probably get booked up soon but, like I say, I'm completely new to roaming outside my Glasgow walls alone!

This is VERY outdated information and you will need to travel via tube/bus on the day to get to SOS, but if you want info now...

http://2013.summerofsonic.com/travel/

http://2010.summerofsonic.com/blog/summer-of-sonic-10-places-to-stay/

http://2012.summerofsonic.com/travel/

If... and this is a big IF, I have time I will try and do something tonight, but this is a HUGE if. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2016 at 3:14 AM, Joy said:

Out of curiosity, does anybody who's done this before have any suggestions for cheap hotels near the venue? I should probably get booked up soon but, like I say, I'm completely new to roaming outside my Glasgow walls alone!

There's the Ibis Earl's Court which is attached the venue. I've stayed at Ibis many times while traveling around Europe and never had a problem with them. There's also a cheaper hotel close to the venue called Lily Hotel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At time of...typing, SOS 16 now at 93% funded.

Go go go go! Summer of Sonic!
Sonicing! Hedgehoging! 
Sexy T-Bird, yeah!


Or something along those lines anyway. Still lots of time for you to get your support in but why not do it soon huh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I think the most sensible thing would be to take 50 or so out of the 1-ticket t-shirt band and give it to the 1-ticket band (also what u smokin Kevin, there's less than 10 2-ticket packages left :P).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bmn said:

It will be - thanks for the support, and see you at SoS :)

Rolling this out again, because.

 

Yeh looking forward to it! Ive never actually been to any kind of convention before! It will be nice to meet other fans. I'm going to Sonic 25 as well. Im going on my own to that and kinda nervous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bmn said:

Yeah, I think the most sensible thing would be to take 50 or so out of the 1-ticket t-shirt band and give it to the 1-ticket band (also what u smokin Kevin, there's less than 10 2-ticket packages left :P).

I dunno what it was but stop blowing that stuff over here...

I looked at it earlier and it said 90 remaining - which I did think was super weird at the time! Must've been a glitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity, will those of us who pledged between £40 to £70 be able to pick up a T shirt during the event? Really not fussed either way but it'd be a nifty little memento to grab if that's possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joy said:

Out of curiosity, will those of us who pledged between £40 to £70 be able to pick up a T shirt during the event? Really not fussed either way but it'd be a nifty little memento to grab if that's possible.

I would imagine that's how it's going to work, just down to the fact that it will save a fortune if people can pick them up at the venue over posting them out.

+ then everybody can wear the shirt and walk around London afterwards and then point at each other and go "Ohhhh!" as they realise they're both Sonic fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Detective Hogfather said:

then everybody can wear the shirt and walk around London afterwards and then point at each other and go "Ohhhh!" as they realise they're both Sonic fans.

And the organisers can go "nice shirt!" when they see them  - and you can look at them like "who the **** are you?"

Every. Single. Time. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

 

+ then everybody can wear the shirt and walk around London afterwards and then point at each other and go "Ohhhh!" as they realise they're both Sonic fans.

Move over Queeny, The cool kids are in town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Haalyle said:

Still kind of saddened that I won't be able to make it :( It looks like so much fun.

There will, no doubt be some form of livestream courtesy of The Sonic Show who traditionally produce one at SOS, with commentary from @SSF1991 and lots of online support and discussion. We (the organisers) then pop on where we can to answer questions and say hi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AAUK said:

There will, no doubt be some form of livestream courtesy of The Sonic Show who traditionally produce one at SOS, with commentary from @SSF1991 and lots of online support and discussion. We (the organisers) then pop on where we can to answer questions and say hi.

Ah, awesome! I'll see if I'll be able to make the livestream then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AAUK said:

And the organisers can go "nice shirt!" when they see them  - and you can look at them like "who the **** are you?"

Every. Single. Time. :lol:

Haha, it must be a lonely existence for ya.

That will teach you not to wear the Sonic Colors pre-order cap 24/7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.