Awoo.

Summer of Sonic 2016 "Mr Yuji Naka is alright!"

Badnik Mechanic

I booked my hotel room (I can't actually wait 'cause a double bed :D) the day it launched (risky but i wanted to make sure i got a room at the actual place), so i'm now extremely happy it got funded. See you all there ;D

• Thumbs Up 1

Me and a friend will be heading down to the event as well.

Should definitely be a good day, and our first.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can I get a Booyah!? Good job everyone, we now have a day out to look forward to. Hope announcements are soon to follow, wonder what guests and shows they'll have in store? Come on Jun, I'd like to meet you again!

• Thumbs Up 4

It'd be nifty if the Sega Central team came over for the event to make an episode there. I'm just hoping anyone who worked on the games are coming again, I'd love to get something like my Sonic 1 or Generations sleeve signed!

Actually, what'd be really cool is if they do something again for the Anniversary game like they did for Generations where they got the SOS and Boom events to chant a birthday message.

• Thumbs Up 3

Want to get yourself in the mood for Summer of Sonic? Well those dude's with 'tude at the Sonic Show got the ultimate merch form T-Bird in for an Opinion Zone! Reminisce and get ready! 

• Thumbs Up 3

Well I finally managed to get some money to help the cause of SoS, I fill kinda sad that it's probably unlikely for me to be there but hey, atleast I'll get a sweet shirt and be one of the 4 people from Canada who supported the cause.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am putting together a small hotel guide.

If you have already booked a place or if you've booked a place you've stayed at before, please share it so I can include it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know of both Holiday Inn Express and Travelodge being around the corner from the ILEC centre. Both are roughly five minutes away from the place.

I'll be at Holiday Inn with my friend.

EDIT: To add on to what I previously said, I also know of both Premier Inn and Hotel Xenia. Both are roughly fifteen minutes walk away.

1 hour ago, Detective Hogfather said:

If you have already booked a place or if you've booked a place you've stayed at before, please share it so I can include it.

I've just booked up with EasyHotel (it's EasyJet, but on the ground, you see) at their Earl's Court site in London.

http://www.easyhotel.com/

Their current cheapest option is a 'small room - no window'. That's going for £98 for a stay from Friday 5th August to the 7th. There's a double bed so you'll be able to sleep two per room even though you really are running on the most minimal amount of space you can get. Things like the TV remote and wifi are charged as optional extras if they're going to be something you want.

If you want to get an idea of the room. Here's a video of the Earl's Court site itself:

The hotel is a short walk to and from Earl's Court station and from there it's about a three minute journey along the District line right to West Brompton Station and from there it's literally a couple of minutes walk in a straight line to the ILEC Centre.

EDIT: Just looking there, I'm told the two stations are actually only about half a mile apart so if you want to save some extra pennies (to spend at SOS nudge, nudge, wink, wink) then you'll be able to comfortably walk it.

I'm staying at the Garden View hotel ( 29-31 Nevern Square, London, England, SW5 9PE, United Kingdom, ‏‎0203 027 1433) which is a 10 minute walk from the venue. The reason I went for it? I got a Quadruple room (couldn't get a triple, other guys I'm with wouldn't share a bed :-p) for £275, which when I divided it by 3 we all paid about £92 each for the two nights. It's also close to a Tesco's so there's Breakfast. 

https://uk.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?tab=description&destinationId=549499&destination=London%2C+England%2C+United+Kingdom&hotelId=193079&arrivalDate=05-08-2016&departureDate=07-08-2016&rooms[0].numberOfAdults=2&roomno=1&validate=false&previousDateful=false&reviewOrder=date_newest_first&cur=GBP&mpd=GBP&mpe=1460843903&wapa4=193079&hotelid=193079&locale=en_GB&rffrid=mdp.hcom.UK.011.211.02.42&PSRC=TR01&view=prices&pos=HCOM_UK&mpb=35.48&mpa=177.38

AAAAAAHHH!

Hey all!

We are pleased to be able to make our first guest announcements for Summer of Sonic 2016, and would like to welcome back two Sonic Team veterans to the event!

Takashi Iizuka

Jun Senoue

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tbird/the-summer-of-sonic-uk-fan-convention-one-more-run/posts/1550136

Sorry, but for my first fan convention this is amazing!

• Thumbs Up 5

Just pledged a bit of cash (better late than never). Gone for the Sonic Adventure t-shirt and 1 ticket tier :)

I really want to attend, especially as it's Sonic's 25th anniversary.

It's less than a 2 hour trip for me.

On April 16, 2016 at 4:40 PM, Detective Hogfather said:

I booked at the Ibis Earls Court which is attached to the venue itself.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I booked at the Ibis Earls Court which is attached to the venue itself.

Lol same here. That hotel is slowly getting the nickname hotel Ibis Trigger given the number of SOS goers stopping there.

• Thumbs Up 4

I tentatively placed my donation. I'll try to find the venue in-person before anything's set in stone.

20 hours ago, Joy said:

It'll be great to see them once again! Hopefully this'll be the year that I finally get something signed by Jun... maybe. :P

Hey guys, we have a new stretch goal! 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tbird/the-summer-of-sonic-uk-fan-convention-one-more-run/posts/1550895

If we get over £25,000 we get a certain singer to return! Also, in half an hour a new tier will appear. You can bag a rare 25th anniversary coin out of it! Hop to it guys!

I was sat next to someone who snagged a Super VIP. 

They were logged in and waiting, they got one within about 10 seconds of the kickstarter updating and they were the third to get one.

Not sure on the exact times, but I clicked refresh a few seconds later and my clock had ticked over to the next min, and they were all gone.

So we can say they went somewhere in around 60 seconds.

• Thumbs Up 1

Waves of tickets vanishing in less than a minute? Certainly sounds like classic SoS to me. :P Guess some things never change.

• Thumbs Up 2