Awoo.

Summer of Sonic 2016 "Mr Yuji Naka is alright!"

Badnik Mechanic

Damn, wish all the tiers for the anniversary coin weren't gone. Not that I'd be able to afford or go anyway.

"Wakes up and looks at total" £25,211. Ladies and gentlemen...we did it. We got him.

• Thumbs Up 3

When Jun was announced, I assumed Johnny must be busy with Axel Rudi Pell. I was right, they're playing the Wacken Festival that week. I was disappointed we'd be missing out on a Crush 40 performance, but hey, its only a small part of what makes Summer of Sonic so great, plus we still had Jun. I got over it pretty quick.

Then this stretch goal is announced and met within 24 hours and woo, we got Johnny! I guess he's flying in straight from Germany, that's awesome he's prepared to drop everything to visit SoS again! Another reason he's such a great guy.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've seen a couple people say it'd be best to hold off a little while longer to book trains since it tends to come down in price a bit.

Is there any particular time or site to aim for for this sort of thing? 

39 minutes ago, Joy said:

I've seen a couple people say it'd be best to hold off a little while longer to book trains since it tends to come down in price a bit.

Is there any particular time or site to aim for for this sort of thing? 

It's usually 12 weeks before the date of travel.  

To test it, pick the day you want to travel, count 12 weeks ahead. look for the train prices, then check the week before/after. When the train prices jump, that's when you know the sweet spot is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since we made it to £25,000 we have got a new announcement. Johnny Gioeli is coming to SoS! We now have a new stretch goal.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tbird/the-summer-of-sonic-uk-fan-convention-one-more-run/posts/1552112

If we get to £27,500 then we will get a man with the master plan! Let's do it to it.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

If we get to £27,500 then we will get a man with the master plan! Let's do it to it.

....Vger?

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Iizuka is already confirmed!

Also why do people assume it's Mike Pollock, for all you know it might be get a free evil cookie on entry.

• Thumbs Up 3

Incidentally guys now's a very good time to start saying which on stage items and segments from previous SOS's you'd like to see return as well as to suggest any new ones of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

From the live-stream of 2013, I found Never Mind The Buzzbombers entertaining. There'll be midday music acts as well, I'm guessing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Rewatching the 2013 live-stream, and it is great to see all those people enjoying themselves, and all the Sonic related merchandise people are carrying around.

And yes, Buzzbombers was just as great as how I remembered it back from watching the stream live.

Best bits to return to SoS? Let's see.

-Never Mind the Buzzbombers. The quiz is always a good laugh, interesting and great to watch every time.

-Jun music concert/ Crush 40 music concert. Yeah, goes without saying, great to watch and the crowd love it. (Live Life Crush 40, it was great in 2012!)

-Speedruns. This can bring a great challenge, especially if the game is not the mainstream (like the Shadow one in 11).

May be more later but those are some main ones. We currently stand at £26,356. It's not moved in a few hours. We have £1144 left to get that Egg silhouette, which I assume is that we are pulling Eggman out of the TV like in Sonic Live.

• Thumbs Up 1

I assume the 5000 for Johnny was to cover the air con he foolishly agreed to paid for next time he attended.

As for segments, Buzzbombers for sure, definitely a Q&A with as many guests as possible (with ability to submit questions beforehand online), and if them animatin' guys are up for it, a live premier for another <Game> in Brief, Sonic Shorts or Sonic Heroes music vid lol.  They're always like ten times funnier when experienced for the first time in a crowd of laughter.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

-Speedruns. This can bring a great challenge, especially if the game is not the mainstream (like the Shadow one in 11).

You have no idea my glee when I introduced that.

• Thumbs Up 2

At the moment I'm planning on coming along in a simple cosplay. Thinking about it reminded me of the cosplay contests I've heard about at previous years via Sega Memories (I miss that blog). I'm wondering if that event will be returning (not that i'm going to be dressing to win anything :P)...

EDIT: I forgot the drawing tables. Those look fun!

I'd like to second the Speed Run idea, that was a fun event in 2011 (not that I was anywhere near the winning time). Oh, and you've got to have more Buzzbombers, that should go without saying!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh look, they made £27,500. Looks like we might get a new guest, think it might be Edwin Neal...

• Thumbs Up 3

Looking at the Kickstarter page, I wonder if £30,000 will be hit before stretch goal three gets announced. There's less than £800 to go.

30 minutes ago, DarkRula said:

Looking at the Kickstarter page, I wonder if £30,000 will be hit before stretch goal three gets announced. There's less than £800 to go.

That'd be fun, though the Twitter page has given a nod about the 30,000

Regarding current ticket availability:

We're still establishing what our total venue capacity will be, but for legal reasons we can't distribute more tickets than capacity will allow once staff and guests are taken into account. For that reason, we've limited ticket availability to 900, and this number may or may not change, so the current allocation (40 remaining right now) could be the last.

We're attempting to keep at least one of each main tier available at all times, but if you need a specific tier that isn't available (obviously not the VIP/coin tiers!) please contact us through Kickstarter and we'll do our best to accommodate you.

• Thumbs Up 3

As its a 25th anniversary year, how about an "era console" speed run tournament? 

One level from one game from each era on an "era console"? That would allow a bit of a variation!! 

As an oldie from 1982, i'd be keen for the master system / mega drive / mega cd era. My ps3 skills are ok but dreamcast / gamecube era games are terrible!! Lol

Throw in an era handheld speedrun too ;-) 

If it were me i'd go random too in the classic era. Eg

Crystal Egg Zone Act 2 - Sonic 2 8bit / handeld

Hilltop Zone Act 2 Sonic 2 Mega Drive

Wacky Workbench act 2 Sonic CD

Any Sonic 3d Blast level (mega drive)

As for the rest...whatever! Lol

Oh look, they made £30,000! Wonder what's in store... Good job to everyone.

• Thumbs Up 3