Awoo.

Summer of Sonic 2016 "Mr Yuji Naka is alright!"

Badnik Mechanic

Great news! This event is hopefully going to be one of the best yet.

I've seen the 2011 retrospective video, and that Summer of Sonic looked amazing. I'm sure this one will be just as good [hopefully surpassing it].

So the new Stretch Goal is £32,000. That's the third and last Stretch Goal. Bit of a shame the Twitter hint was wrong but oh well, let's see how close we can get to it.

I imagine that the last push might be a bit harder due to the shortage in tickets now (I'm glad I pledged when I did). I wish the rest of the campaign good luck, it's been going really well!

Just checked up on it, £30,800 and only two Sonic Adventure 2 tickets left. Either it's updated with a few more or we have to keep our fingers crossed there are a few big donations from people who have already pledged.

I boosted my pledge with an extra 30 squid to help out.  I really shouldn't but eh once again I want to show my appreciation for all the free-ness of the past years.  I recommend everyone else add on a bit if you can afford to and feel strongly about reaching that stretch goal.

Right now, if every single backer added on £1.74 to their pledge, the £32,000 would be met.  Pocket change!

• Thumbs Up 2

I put in an extra £20 cause @JezMM is right. They have given us this for free all this time, time to pay a bit back. I'll see if I can rally a few more on Facebook, it needs £830 now.

Thanks, guys :) As an event that's been free to enter, it's not been difficult to sell out once we originally went ticketed, and while there's always people that say they're happy to pay to improve the rather haphazard ticketing setup we've had previously, we did worry that there wouldn't be that kind of good will and support for us across the board if we actually went that way . To see people happily contributing more than they need to, just because of what SoS means to them, is really quite heartwarming. Every little bit makes things a little more comfortable for us, and even if we don't meet the stretch goal, we're still going to see if the last reward is possible with what we have.

If it needed said, there's no limit on t-shirts, so if you want to contribute further and like shirts, please please please do so in a way that gets you shirts :P

• Sonic Boom (£1 tier) doesn't include any rewards at all (besides the backer credit - details of that coming soon), so avoid this tier if you're backing enough for at least one shirt
  • Sonic Chaos (£15 tier) doesn't charge extra shipping for multiple shirts. Set your pledge to (£15 * number of shirts), plus KS's extra charge of £5 for the UK and £10 elsewhere.
  • In the ticketed tiers, you can get more shirts than you have invitations, if you want. The rewards desk (or whatever we go with!) will accommodate any number, as long as you've pledged for it.
  • Thumbs Up 6

It's great to see it funded, and to see what announcements will be coming soon.

We were close to that last goal.

That's a fantastic sum. I simply can't wait to see future announcements and to see you all on August 6th as well.

It'll be such a fun day.

Congrats on the funding success, guys! Real shame that last strechcgoal couldn't be reached though. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to going and seeing everyone there!

• Thumbs Up 1

That is a superb amount of money raised for the event, really looking forward to it. 

I'd like to offer a huge congratulations to the staff. I hope you guys know you have something special when people are so willing to spend that much money just to spend time at your event. The amount of work is astounding and we appreciate every minute of it. These trips are the only time I get to escape from my home and I am forever grateful. It'll be a glorious day, looking forward to announcements of guests, events and stuff that I haven't mentioned. Rock on guys, good luck sorting it out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Congratulations on hitting the goal! :) I seriously can't wait for SoS this year.

• 2 weeks later...

@Detective Paradox Here buddy, this is a list of hotels nearby.

http://www.skiddle.com/hotels/London/near/ILEC-Conference-Centre/ent-e49338/?offset=0&date=2016-08-06&nights=2&radius=2&order=1&adults=0&grid=0

The Lily Hotel is cheapest and I think a few are headed there but the one most people are staying at is the Ibis which is right next to the hall ( 295 North End Road, London, W14 9NS, United Kingdom). I've booked the Garden View Hotel myself, bout a 10 minute walk (The Garden View Hotel, 29-31 Nevern Square, London SW5 9PE, United Kingdom). Plug some of those into Google maps with ILEC Conference Centre, 47 Lillie Road, London SW6 1UD, United Kingdom and see which suits you for proximity and price.

If you're willing to look further afield and are fine with spending, 30 minutes or so travelling to the venue, there are a lot of places in the west part of Central London that may work out cheaper. London's big enough and good enough with transport that you can get away with not being in the Earls Court area.

For info. 

Cheap train tickets are now available for the entire SOS weekend.

Just ordered my train/tube tickets, I'm stoked!

Richard Elson was always my favourite StC artist as a kid, an issue without him doing the Sonic strip always seemed...wrong, somehow (though the Chaotix introduction story made up for it). Not that I didn't enjoy Nigel's Knuckles' art of course, but I've already had the fortune to meet him. Still, great announcement, yay for more first-time guests!

• 2 weeks later...

We have another guest confirmation, Ferran Rodriguez of Sonic the Comic fame is coming to SoS!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tbird/the-summer-of-sonic-uk-fan-convention-one-more-run/posts/1588918

I met Ferran at Weston Super Sonic and he is a good laugh and a kind man. Go have a chat with him! Also, they are looking for animators to showcase cartoons this year. I might see if I can get a chunk of my Shadow cartoon done for it!

• Thumbs Up 1