Awoo.

Community Open Discussion

Chris

30 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

I think its a bit of a stretch to say most people here have little to no social skills. Most of us have friends, family and jobs. :P

But if you ask me, I don't think he's overstretching it.

Arguments sometimes on the board don't feel like arguments, but just rather slapfests of people not using much common sense to reasonably debate with others. It's why I'm reluctant to join a lot of them, because on these boards, the big and heated topics normally end with people throwing everything they've got to prove their point and fail to try to at least understand each other's perspectives or respect other people's opinions. It's more like a battle than a method of communication or conversation, and sometimes really just paints a different view about this place as a whole.

I get that SSMB is supposed to be approachable to anyone, but when some of the people that come on here fail to act responsibly and mature in conversations, it makes the overall community look worse and it puts a lot of people in sour/frustrated moods.

Those are just my 2 cents, but I'm probably looking at this from a different angle.

• Thumbs Up 5

9 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Its a site about an anthropomorphic, fictional hedgehog. I don't care how "passionate" you are about the series, no amount of passion justifies getting so emotionally heated to the point where you lose sense of common social norms in order to get your point across. 

You've maybe made too many assumptions about members in this post, but this is on the money!

I think we all need to remember that Sonic is a light hearted kids game, a good game out of many good games.

It sucks that Sonic is the victim of mockery and misinformation on the internet, it sucks that after a promising return to form he has fallen into mediocrity and it sucks that SEGA's future looks bleak. That said, I think people really need to examine their priorities, if this upsets you so much. I really think you need to get out more and experience new games, music, film and tv. Sonic is just one good media product in a sea of good media products.

• Thumbs Up 3

I've been thinking this for a long time, but I think the followers and notifications could benefit from a priority list. Pretty much like what facebook has where you can set certain pages and friends to priority mode. That way, their notifications and postings are at the top of your feed, no matter when they posted it. Something like that wouldn't hurt as many of us follow certain topics and people, however we get so many notifications (depending on the settings we choose), the topics we follow and the friends we follow do get buried (example being that I follow the Introduction Thread to greet people. however it does get buried under my slew of notes). I had to shut off notifications for status updates posted because I was getting 300 tops and I couldn't see what my friends were posting nor could I see the topics. I still get many notes but it would be cool to prioritize so that certain topics and people can be on the top of your notes list. 

On the topic of status updates, I do think there needs to be a shut off notifications after replying button. Case in point? There was a status update not long ago that had over 600 replies. People were wanting their comments to be deleted because they were tired of getting notes from the status, so mods has to sift through 600+ comments to find peoples' to delete. I think if there was an option to shut off notes for a individual status after commenting, it would be nice. 

The replacement of the "Friends" category with "Followers" is a change I feel could use reforming. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• The topic was unpinned