Awoo.

The Spongebob Musical!

Klinsy

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.playbill.com%2F

So, Shrek and Spider-Man weren't enough.

Coming soon to broadway, we will get a music filled adventure with Spongebob that's hopefully better than Atlantis Squarepantis,

Starring Ethan Slater as Spongebob, Carlos Lopez as Mr. Krabs, Lilli Cooper as Sandy, Danny Skinner as Patrick, Gavin Lee as Squdward and  Nick Blaemire as Plankton, the plot has been described as a Spongebob apocalypse with the cast having to save the world from something.

Spoiler

The musical will feature songs from a mixture of classic and contemporary artists, including Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of the band Aerosmith, Tony winner Cyndi Lauper ( Kinky Boots), They Might Be Giants, Jonathan Coulton, Dirty Projectors, The Flaming Lips, Sara Bareilles, John Legend, Lady Antebellum, Panic! At the Disco, Plain White T's and T.I., with an additional song by David Bowie and additional lyrics by Jonathan Coulton.

So, a lot of talent here.

Not quite sure what to think, it could be fun, plus I want to see what is likely the last the great David Bowie has brought to the world (R,I.,P)

I can't make it to Chicago or Broadway, so I'll wait for it to come out on DVD or air on live TV.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fun Fact: There was a previous Musical/Stage Show based on the episode The Sponge Who Could Fly.

• Thumbs Up 3

I am not really sure what to think or say, I haven't seen the Shrek or the Spider-Man musical. A Spongebob musical can be fun, because it has many sources of jokes. I really like Spongebob, I watched it a lot when I was little, so maybe it couldn't be bad.

But I am still not sure if it is a good idea to make musicals of these famous characters/movies. I don't know why, it is too different from the original idea for me. They are TV, comic and movie characters from the 'modern world', and musicals usually have a different style, they just don't fit them in my opinion.

But I am not against any changes and new theories, so we will see what it will be like! :)

"the plot has been described as a Spongebob apocalypse with the cast having to save the world from something"

So basically similar to the second movie's plot?

• Thumbs Up 1

W-wow...! I am very excited to hear this and in m-much shock. I can't wait because I l-li-lil-l-loved the first and second movies. They inspired me to p-pursue art and become an artist one day... ^^

I just want to know if they actually had to find someone who could do that laugh, or if they'll use recordings of Tom Kenny and just, I don't know, attach a tiny speaker to the actor's shirt or something. 

Edit: Or, I guess, he could just have a different laugh. I dunno, I always kind of saw it as iconic so I presumed they'd consider it important, maybe I'm wrong.

This is incredibly surreal. Especially when it comes to seeing the Spongebob characters without the iconic voice cast.

My sister will probably love this if she sees it, though.

As for me... I'm not the biggest fan of broadway musicals so I'm not exactly excited for it. I'm just... surprised, I guess?