Awoo.

Is Boom Really That Bad?

Hiki

6 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

Or maybe some people have different taste. 

The thing is, some people do take their different tastes and take it too far by taking the franchise way too seriously. Self-entitlement carries the day. Some want the cartoon to completely change what it's geared towards just for them.

Not everyone is like that, but it's there.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think Boom is all that bad. Yes, the first two games weren't the best, but I honestly find the cartoon enjoyable and am anxiously waiting for a season 2 trailer (or anything pertaining to season 2 in general). Heck, I might even buy Fire and Ice; it seems SEGA genuinely wants it to be good, given the delay.

I feel like the subfranchise got off on the wrong foot. It's only been a year-- it still has room to grow and improve, and I hope it will.

And let's not forget-- even if Boom gets worse, there's always the main series. SEGA made sure we knew that.

1 hour ago, SonicEkkusu said:

The show is pretty much the main part of the Boom series. It's doing good, it's the first thing we heard of related to Boom, the comics were pretty popular, and the merchandise is pretty popular from what I heard. The games are the only part of Boom that did horribly.

You do realise I was quoting Sega's own material right?

The games are not a small part. They are one of here primary pillars which share equal importance.

I have to confess I'm very skeptical about Sega making any breakthroughs with the Sonic franchise and delivering the so-promised improvement its been claiming to be working on ever since that public apology from its CEO.

Time has proven that Murphy's law usually applies when it comes to big companies. I think they're keeping their large fanbase - the one that's been following the company through its ups and downs ever since the 90's - grasping at straws while they are literally burying their original mascot by selling it to other developers in the backstage,

I do hope that 3 years from now, all we see in the shelves aren't solely Sonic games based on the Boom universe. If that happens, then it'll be time for me to abandon ship and move on.

3656d940-a022-0132-44f6-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

Sega's been looking for a new breath of life for the Sonic franchise. Boom's been so succesful in gathering the attention of more recent audiences that I believe this is it. May the new fans have all the fun they deserve with the new face of Sonic. As for me, it's all too clear what Sega's doing with its mascot. 

If Boom replaces the official sonic universe, it''ll be the turning point for the company. Maybe Sonic needs to let go of the original universe. Maybe it has to stop looking at the past. Or maybe Sega simply doesn't know what it's doing with the franchise and has just given up at this point. And now the company has simply decided to drop the ball and let someone else take the helm of the Sonic ship.

Should that indeed prove to be the case, then Sega has abandoned any plans for "an improvement" of the Sonic franchise and will simply start from scratch. As for the older fans, they can honestly expect numerous remakes of previous games. Not that I'm complaining. Should they be like Generations and (maybe) Sonic 4 - Ep. 2, then they'll be fun and enjoyable. But that's about it. The fanbase really can't expect anything more than this. It'll just end up becoming frustrated and bitter, and no good can come of that.

(I wrote a lot of words only to end up stating what many people have already stated in many different medias all over the internet. Oh well.)

Personally, it's hard for me to believe that Sega might ditch the main series for a sub-series most remembered for the fact that one of its games was considered to be at Sonic '06 levels of badness. Unless Fire & Ice is really, really good or something, I think that's going to be hard for people to forget. And it's just hard for me to believe that a TV show doing well and being decent is enough to change Sonic's course completely, which is pretty much the only major thing Sonic Boom has going for it.

• Thumbs Up 2