Awoo.

Ghostbusters The Game 2016 (PS4, XBOX1)

Badnik Mechanic

What... you were expecting a remaster?  Or something awesome? 

Lol ye have not.

Oh lordie what a trainwreck.

It looks even worse than Sanctum of Slime did!

5 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

What... you were expecting something awesome? 

Oh lordie what a trainwreck.

It looks even worse than Sanctum of Slime did!

Couldn't they just have remastered the good Ghostbusters game?

Ghostbusters_videogame_front2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

This is supposed to come out in July!? I'd say it needs more time. Then again, this COULD be good, as we've only seen a few seconds of gameplay, meaning there could be more to it that actually makes it fun to play. 

Well it's at least on par with how the previous two trailers for the movie were shown. Pure, unfunny shit. Not sure if I should be unsurprised or just disappointed. Maybe both 

Some info revealed for the game.

635962080239068674-Ghostbusters-Game-3.j

Four-player co-op RPG.

Takes place after the reboot movie, with a new team of both males and females (lol). THey are tasked to keep NYC safe, while the all-female team from the reboot movie leave the city after becoming famous, tackling high-profile ghosts around the country.

There's another tie-in game, Ghostbusters: Slime City, coming too. Specifically for select smartphones and tablets (iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle). Also expected to be released in July.

Don't know who the developer is, but I'm expecting the standard movie tie-in licensed game quality (shovelware) nonetheless.

Also, if the movie turns out to be poor, and the game does too...lol, perfect storm of crap much?

Wow, they're really banking on this all-female Ghostbusters team as some hot shit and being super-duper famous after this film, huh?

That will only make me revel in it's inevitable failure even more.

EDIT: Then again, it's funny to consider that we don't even get to play as any of them for these sequel/tie-games. Even if we could consider these ladies were actually good at their job, wouldn't it make sense if they were the main focus of these games and not just pull that "And after they saved the city they went to do this and that?" 

• Thumbs Up 1

So, this will have a sequel

ghostbusters2.jpg

Now seriously, has anyone really interested in buying this game?

1 minute ago, Solister said:

So, this will have a sequel

ghostbusters2.jpg

Now seriously, has anyone really interested in buying this game?

Holy shit, State Puff Marshmallow Man just creeping in on you like that through that window is rather unnerving.

And sadly scarier than anything this new game and franchise will offer.

12 hours ago, Tornado said:

Of fuck off Akyroyd.

Oh come on, I doubt he has anything to do with the game. And let's say he did, his involvement is probably minimal.

If you don't like the man, fair enough, but at least try not to blame him for everything...

Now, to the subject at hand...I was half-hoping for a remaster of that 2009 game, but that wasn't the case. How sad. Not looking forward to this...though I tend to not look forward to licensed games, with only a few exceptions.

...Are you guys seriously getting mad a 33 second trailer that barely show's any gameplay? I mean really?

2 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

...Are you guys seriously getting mad a 33 second trailer that barely show's any gameplay? I mean really?

The game is due out in a few months time and what gameplay it shows looks like utter crap.

So yeah really. 

Ok that's fair but I don't know man there seems to be a lot of disproportionate anger at this franchise.

Just now, Detective Hogfather said:

The game is due out in a few months time and what gameplay it shows looks like utter crap.

So yeah really. 

That and licensed tie-in games usually turn out to be pretty crappy in the first place. I really doubt we're getting something as good as the 2009 videogame adaptation.

I guess but you could try waiting before just going "Oh, this is going to be shit". This is problem with fan reaction to the reboot in general I've seen people react like this to fucking Lego sets and Pop Vinals. Could we at least try and wait for the movie to actually be out before saying it and everything related to it is awful?

I'm getting really sick of "oh it's just a trailer guys, don't judge till it comes out!"

By all accounts, a trailer, teaser or not, is supposed to include the best parts or selling points of the product. If nothing about it looks fun, interesting, or even funny, then we as viewers have the right to criticize It as well as supporters have their right to love it.

And yeah, if the trailer is released very late and mere months away from release, then that only gives the impression that the publisher doesn't care or have confidence in their product. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

I guess but you could try waiting before just going "Oh, this is going to be shit". This is problem with fan reaction to the reboot in general I've seen people react like this to fucking Lego sets and Pop Vinals. Could we at least try and wait for the movie to actually be out before saying it and everything related to it is awful?

Trailer is supposed to represent/give me an idea of the game.

Trailer makes the game look like shit.

My stance on the game = "Looks like shit."

In other news, it's still too early to judge Rise of Lyric. 

• Thumbs Up 6

18 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Trailer is supposed to represent/give me an idea of the game.

Trailer makes the game look like shit.

My stance on the game = "Looks like shit."

In other news, it's still too early to judge Rise of Lyric. 

Yes because in the history of entertainment there's never once been a trailer that misrepresents the finale project at all.

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

Yes because in the history of entertainment there's never once been a trailer that misrepresents the finale project at all.

Well I guess we'd better shut down this topic and every other topic on here since we can't have a negative impression of a thing anymore if it looks like shit because it's too early to judge if a thing looks like shit even though it's giving the impression that it looks like shit.

No seriously what exactly are you trying to argue here? 

Might as well shut down this entire forum because "fuck discussion" altogether.

You know the old "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" can only go so far after all.

The problem is that almost all the negative reaction has been along the lines of "If they have to be women can't they at least be fuckable to me?" Not all the reaction has been that I'll admit but it's hard to divorce all negative reactions from shit like that and "Lol Mellissa McCarthy's fat so she sucks".

If it's not your humor fine but people act as if it's legitimately destroying the original movie for them and no matter what people need to complain about how the movie sucks without having seen it.

...no one remotely brought up gender as a drawback here, so why bring it up in the first place? And this is the game, not the movie anyway. It's like you're trying to get annoyed and start a pointless argument.