Awoo.

Ghostbusters The Game 2016 (PS4, XBOX1)

Badnik Mechanic

17 minutes ago, KHCast said:

...no one remotely brought up gender as a drawback here, so why bring it up in the first place? And this is the game, not the movie anyway. It's like you're trying to get annoyed and start a pointless argument.

Or just can't handle criticism and tries to blow it up as something worse than it is.

I'm sorry SBR2, no offense, but this is something I have noticed about you regarding how people discuss what they don't like. I can get defensive too about my opinions on things at times, but I always try to be respectful and not make others feel bad for their different preferences. 

But I do not wish to take this further and make it about one member here, so, let's just try to move from this, please?  

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

The problem is that almost all the negative reaction has been along the lines of "If they have to be women can't they at least be fuckable to me?" Not all the reaction has been that I'll admit but it's hard to divorce all negative reactions from shit like that and "Lol Mellissa McCarthy's fat so she sucks".

And who in this topic has done that?

Because it looks like the majority of us in here are talking about the gameplay. But hey this post of yours is an hour old so it's too early to judge.

43 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

And who in this topic has done that?

Because it looks like the majority of us in here are talking about the gameplay. But hey this post of yours is an hour old so it's too early to judge.

Okay never mind I'm sorry I said anything.

All I was trying to say is that every reaction to this Reboot and everything connected to is way too negative. I get that it's rebooting a beloved franchise and there was bound to be some negativity but it seems like all anyone can say whenever something new is "Ugh this is going to suck". It just seems really unfair to everybody involved that everyone's dismissing the project completely without even giving it the benefit of the doubt. 

After the reasons as to why this entire reboot came around to begin with, I couldn't give less of a shit about how people react to it.

Like look at this

Plus Sony removing legitimate criticism from the trailer's comments, leaving only the actual sexist ones, is a pretty messed up thing to do.

Yeah, they're basically using the massive dislike ratio both trailers have gotten to their advantage by skewering it so people will think it's purely because it's an all-female cast when that's far from the case. I heard Fox essentially did the same with Fan4stic with the whole Michael B. Jordan being cast as Johnny Storm controversy. Twisting it into a matter of racism and racism only, and look how that turned out for the film. 

Even people looking forward to the film has to find this shady and pathetic for Sony to do for damage control.

It's funny in hindsight because Activision refused to publish the Ghostbusters game a few years ago and now we have this...

• 2 months later...