Awoo.

Sonicgirl313 Animates (SFM Animations)

sonicgirl313

So since I have made a total of five SFM videos, I decided to make a topic to show off all the videos and any future SFM videos I make. I hope I can continue improving since I do want to become an animator someday. And if you're familiar with Source Filmmaker, please feel free to give me tips and advice, I'm still learning how to use the different features.

NOTE - Mario meets NiGHTS isn't very well animated since it was my first attempt at animating with SFM.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice.

I've always wanted to do SFM animations myself but I've just never bothered to think up any ideas for one.

6 hours ago, sonicgirl313 said:

And if you're familiar with Source Filmmaker, please feel free to give me tips and advice,

Right.

You seem to have the general basics down. The Mario Prime death one, you seemed to have been experimenting with something that's really valuable to remember: People rarely stand absolutely still.  Even the slightest sway of the hips helps to keep things looking lively. Try some things yourself. Act out a scene and pay attention to your own body. You may notice a few things: You move your hands when you talk, you move your head when you talk. Your upper body (spine2, in SFM terms) may move side to side.

You can check out my own SFM works if you want to see some of that. Spinning Egg Zone 2 features a bit more of having to fight that stillness due to fact it's set up as an interview. I have to animate facial movements, body language (Of course, me being lazy, I sometimes don't animate hand gestures but blah blah blah). Though, at some points, I arguably over animated some parts.

Be sure to download the Sonic IK rigs, if you haven't. They can be very helpful.

With most Sonic characters, be sure to bring their eyes closer together. Otherwise they look very dumb. I had to learn that, as well.

If you want to talk to me more, about this, you can also send me a message and ask me questions.

1 hour ago, WittyUsername 2: Revenge said:

Right.

You seem to have the general basics down. The Mario Prime death one, you seemed to have been experimenting with something that's really valuable to remember: People rarely stand absolutely still.  Even the slightest sway of the hips helps to keep things looking lively. Try some things yourself. Act out a scene and pay attention to your own body. You may notice a few things: You move your hands when you talk, you move your head when you talk. Your upper body (spine2, in SFM terms) may move side to side.

You can check out my own SFM works if you want to see some of that. Spinning Egg Zone 2 features a bit more of having to fight that stillness due to fact it's set up as an interview. I have to animate facial movements, body language (Of course, me being lazy, I sometimes don't animate hand gestures but blah blah blah). Though, at some points, I arguably over animated some parts.

Be sure to download the Sonic IK rigs, if you haven't. They can be very helpful.

With most Sonic characters, be sure to bring their eyes closer together. Otherwise they look very dumb. I had to learn that, as well.

If you want to talk to me more, about this, you can also send me a message and ask me questions.

Thanks and I had no idea the IK rigs would help. I'll have to get them. Also you were right about me experimenting in "The Death of Mario Prime." I noticed how lifeless Sonic looked in a few scenes of "Sonic the Hot Rod vs Bowsertron" and wanted to try my hand at subtle movements to try give them more life.

I'll also be sure to check out your SFM videos.

Okay while this video is on the shorter side compared to my previous animations, I couldn't resist animating this moment from "Transformers Prime."

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright so here's basically the new one. I wanted to use IK rigs for Luigi but I when I applied it, his face controls disappeared. So I had to animate using the ragdoll technique. But I am working on an animation to test out IK rigs but it will take a little longer to put up due to it being one of my bigger projects. Anyways I couldn't resist animating this scene from Transformers Animated after I beat the Ratchet and Clank remake for PS4.