Awoo.

Shadow the Hedgehog - All 326 Routes

Yumechan

Hey guys!
Around two weeks ago, I decided I'd try to complete all 326 possible runs of Shadow the Hedgehog, as I enjoy it a lot myself. Currently, I have 20 uploaded videos with 3 more done today and will be uploaded in due time.

This is all done on actual hardware (on a Wii, GCN Controller on a NTSC version of the game). I try to have at least 1 video per day average, and try to make up for missed days whenever possible.
I also intend to complete all A Ranks, grab all keys and do Expert Mode, before finishing up with The Last Way.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Semi-colon e said:

So that's 326 times you're gonna have to play Westopolis in total.

Good luck!

At least it has pretty great music.
Thanks!

326 playthroughs? *whistles* That's gonna be pretty damn impressive! Glad you enjoy it.

You are a brave, brave person, and you have my best wishes. Never mind Westopolis, how many times do you have to play The Doom?

Just now, Hyp3hat said:

You are a brave, brave person, and you have my best wishes. Never mind Westopolis, how many times do you have to play The Doom?

64 times.
It could be worse, I guess. To be honest I found Lost Impact worse when I first played ShTH, that last Artificial Chaos...

It's not that bad really. I did it myself last year. Had a good time with most of it (got a bit sick of Sonic saying 'Long time no see' over and over). Proof is in my sig. Good luck in joining the Shadow club!

• Thumbs Up 7

3 hours ago, Yumechan said:

Hey guys!
Around two weeks ago, I decided I'd try to complete all 326 possible runs of Shadow the Hedgehog

You poor, poor girl. That is insanity. I would go crazy if I had to play Westopolis 326 times. It's not that I don't like the game, but at times I just find it frustrating. Plus you want to do a video a day, so that means you have to spend hours a day recording the game footage. For me the game is pretty good but only in small doses. You are a trooper.

3 hours ago, Jango said:

Why?

Haha

Big props to you if you finish it. I played ShTH after renting it over a weekend where I was stuck without internet and had nothing else to do, after getting all the endings I was pretty much done. I didn't finish another Sonic game until Generations.

Um...not trying to be an ass or anything here, but there are already videos on YT showing all of Shadow's hero, normal and dark lines in each and every stage he finishes, as well as intro and ending videos of all of them.

So basically, all the routes have already been covered and are available to watch at anytime. Including Eggman's comment on having lied to Shadow about him being an android after 10 min of fight with the last boss (yup, not everyone knew about that even after having completed the game. Ho ho ho!).

I'm not trying to discourage the OP. Au contraire, I'm just pointing that out because, well, the game's already been milimetrically dissected on the internet. I'm not sure there are still people out there interested in seeing yet another vid of this. But by all means, feel free to do as your heart wishes. Hope you get many views!

43 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Um...not trying to be an ass or anything here, but there are already videos on YT showing all of Shadow's hero, normal and dark lines in each and every stage he finishes, as well as intro and ending videos of all of them.

So basically, all the routes have already been covered and are available to watch at anytime. Including Eggman's comment on having lied to Shadow about him being an android after 10 min of fight with the last boss (yup, not everyone knew about that even after having completed the game. Ho ho ho!).

I'm not trying to discourage the OP. Au contraire, I'm just pointing that out because, well, the game's already been milimetrically dissected on the internet. I'm not sure there are still people out there interested in seeing yet another vid of this. But by all means, feel free to do as your heart wishes. Hope you get many views!

I think you misunderstand my purpose for this video series, then. The point is not to show any additional content (because, as you said, there isn't any), but there hasn't been recorded evidence of anyone 100% completing ShTH yet. That's my only goal - to 100% ShTH.
I thank you for your comments, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

It takes at least an hour and some change to complete each route no matter the stage....well some are longer than others due to certain missions. But that's well over 326 hours or over 14 days worth of video.

Godspeed, I saved the playlist as well so I can see it update that way, as well as here. The only other reaction I have to your mission is this :

5ydsBDx.png

TBH, I think neither of us has ever finished 326 times a GREAT (or their favorite) Sonic game. At least I don't believe I did [emoji14] I really don't think I've completed Sonic 3&K more than 20 times. Maybe not even 10 times! Nor Heroes, both Adventure or Generations more than twice. So yeah... Good luck with Shadow!

10 hours ago, Yumechan said:

but there hasn't been recorded evidence of anyone 100% completing ShTH yet. 

Um....

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Um....

I think you misunderstand me. There is currently no videos of anyone actively doing the 326 routes together. I am not trying to accuse you of anything, but a video scrolling through the library list isn't exactly showing you do the 326 routes, nor is it really proof - there are cheats for both Action Replay (GCN) and CodeBreaker (PS2) that unlock the entire library list. It is like showing me a picture of a cake and stating "I made this cake, this picture is proof". It doesn't prove that you made it, only that you have a cake.