Awoo.

SEGA Mega Drive Classics Hub Coming To Steam April 28th

PickleBrows

For those who think about buying the whole collection, but already own games of it:

I just got the extra copies, even though the store said I wouldn't. But I'm not too sure if every game is included in the pack I got, since it only mentions "Sega Classics" and "Sonic 3D Blast".

To everyone who has issues: Does the old launcher work fine for you? If yes, you could use it until they fix those issues. 

52 minutes ago, Ruki185 said:

@TimmiT Did you re-check your inventory? It took a few minutes to show off for me. 

I checked it when I made the post, they're not in there.

Yep. I got them (still not sure how many), TimmiT didn't. Steam is so weird sometimes.

edit: Okay, NEVERMIND.

Just gifted it to a friend. It was Sonic 3D Blast. Nothing else. Wow. xD

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I finally got my new laptop (which is a beast).... and this still lags playing Sonic 1. It boggles the mind to see that I can play Metal Gear Solid V with settings all cranked to the max at 60 fps and this thing lags playing Sonic 1. 

Tried messing with the Emulator Settings but they are all a bit vague and unhelpful. Has anyone had any joy getting it to work smoothly?

4 hours ago, Hyp3hat said:

So I finally got my new laptop (which is a beast).... and this still lags playing Sonic 1. It boggles the mind to see that I can play Metal Gear Solid V with settings all cranked to the max at 60 fps and this thing lags playing Sonic 1. 

Tried messing with the Emulator Settings but they are all a bit vague and unhelpful. Has anyone had any joy getting it to work smoothly?

It's actually a simple fix. Click the genesis/megadrive and check launch fullscreen. That's it, no really that's it.

This reminds me, it is a shame we never got the Taxman remasters of Sonic 1 and 2 on platforms that aren't smartphones. The only place we ever got those were the absolute worst places for videogames. And we never got a remaster of 3 at all...

I still hold out for a Mega Drive collection to include them and Sonic CD's remaster, but I guess it will never happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 29/5/2016 at 5:28 AM, SilJeff said:

This reminds me, it is a shame we never got the Taxman remasters of Sonic 1 and 2 on platforms that aren't smartphones. The only place we ever got those were the absolute worst places for videogames. And we never got a remaster of 3 at all...

I still hold out for a Mega Drive collection to include them and Sonic CD's remaster, but I guess it will never happen.

I hear you, man. It's really weird that the best Sonic 1 and 2 versions ever done are not available in the most standard gaming platforms.

I still hope that with the 25th anniversary, both are finally getting a release for consoles and PC, and we also get Sonic 3&K remastered.

On 5/13/2016 at 9:28 AM, goku262002 said:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=675790696

This is Sonic Retro's official place to get all the hacks they have been producing over the years. please support this and not third party uploaders.

Does it really matter? It's not like any of it is official content. In all honesty it's all illegal stuff in various ways isn't it? Hacks/alterations of a companies original titles/content? I'd have to say big deal.

46 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Does it really matter? It's not like any of it is official content. In all honesty it's all illegal stuff in various ways isn't it? Hacks/alterations of a companies original titles/content? I'd have to say big deal.

The work technically being illegal doesn't make uploading it without the creator's permission less shitty. And even if it did it'd be a moot point because Sega has allowed people to make rom hacks of their games all this time and is even now letting people upload them through an official channel. They clearly don't have anything against people making them, so they're doing nothing wrong.

A lot of effort went into making these rom hacks, so the least people can do is ask the creators for permission to upload it or give the creators a chance to upload their hard work by themselves. Besides, if the creators upload them they'll be able to keep the version that's on the Workshop updated.

31 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Actually, it does. It's a matter of principle. These people put their time and effort into their creations and so they rightfully should be the one's to distribute their own work on the new platform. The whole legality stuff goes out the window when SEGA are not only encouraging these hacks but providing the most convenient way there's ever been to distribute, download and play them.

Then there's the fact that SEGA specifically requested on the forum page that people only upload content they created or have explicit permission of the creator to upload.

• Thumbs Up 3

Meh... I was never really into them so I don't care much, the only exception being the Before and After Sequel titles.

56 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Meh... I was never really into them so I don't care much, the only exception being the Before and After Sequel titles.

So it's ok for me to go and take whatever you create and claim it for myself so long as someone out there doesn't care much?

• Thumbs Up 8

1 hour ago, Chris Knopps said:

you mean the two fangames? the ones that aren't hacks? are you once more talking out of your ass?

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, The KKM said:

you mean the two fangames? the ones that aren't hacks? are you once more talking out of your ass?

Why must people on these forums be so expressive with profanity...? That doesn't do a thing to make someone a big person, just immature in a response and lowers the overall quality of this place.

Anyway, again keep in mind I pay next to no attention to fan made games. Which ones do and which ones do not use assets from the official games are beyond me, but by and large I'd say most projects do use assets from official sources in some form or another, just with a fresh coat of paint over it.

I'm not against fan games really, I'm just not into them as much as others are and didn't see the issue in this particular case. It's fake stuff. Good perhaps depending on the project, but fake/unofficial nonetheless.

And I'm not saying that Hog, that would be an exaggeration. I'm saying I personally don't care much in this instance. Just because I don't care doesn't mean people should do whatever they want with whatever they desire. This particular thing is just a non-issue to me, does that make it a non-issue as a whole? Of course not.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Just because I don't care doesn't mean people should do whatever they want with whatever they desire. This particular thing is just a non-issue to me, does that make it a non-issue as a whole? Of course not.

If that's where you stand then that's completely fair enough. 

Although when you say "does it really matter" it does give the exact impression you've just rejected. It's all in the wording really.

4 hours ago, Joy said:

If that's where you stand then that's completely fair enough. 

Although when you say "does it really matter" it does give the exact impression you've just rejected. It's all in the wording really.

I do apologize for that. I've said this the other day but that's the downside to mute conversation in forums. It's difficult to interpret ones comments now and then when you can't hear the tone one is using. Speech is the best form of communication in this sense.

Admittedly in situations on forums I'm far from professional in the way I comment, as I've never been the most active forum user until recently.

20 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

Anyway, again keep in mind I pay next to no attention to fan made games.

Maybe you shouldn't have tried to start an argument about something you know next to nothing about.

4 hours ago, TimmiT said:

Maybe you shouldn't have tried to start an argument about something you know next to nothing about.

I had no intention of starting an argument, that's an assumption. I just don't hold fan projects in as high a regard as official content. They're nice to look at, admirable from time to time, but still. That's just me though.

Not everything is for the sake of fighting, it's just ones own thoughts.

• Thumbs Up 1