Awoo.

Fear Effect Sedna (Kickstarter atm, then PC and Mac, possibly on consoles) "I fear the time has come..."

Teoskaven

Anyone is familiar with the Fear Effect franchise? It's a Resident Evil-styled shooter with peculiar mechanics, a cel-shade style and interesting characters. Being property of Eidos (so, basically Square-Enix now) it had 2 titles for the PlayStation in the early 2000 (now avaible on PS3's PSN) and a cancelled PS2 entry called Inferno, but then it just disappeared.

Now, you may remember some time ago Square-Enix put up a website calle Square-Enix Collective, where they allowed the use of some Eidos-related IPs like Gex to developers who may want to produce something new for them. SE will still be the publisher but the devs will have full creative will and support.

Entering Sushee studio, wich has decided to take the flag of the Fear Effect franchise and will try to revitalizing it with a new title; however, since it's an indie studio, it's gonna use Kickstarter to raise money for the development for this new game, called Fear Effect Sedna.

The game seems to be set 4 years after the events of Retro Helix and will be centered around Hana being now a mercenary doing a specific job at Hong Kong.

Also, for the fans of the series who still had some doubt about Hana and Rain having a relationship:

b5d3378a32df4271d7c57d23d52e922c_origina

...yeeeeah, it's pretty much given i guess (even though the description of the character of Rain suggests otherwise).

Gameplaywise, it's gonna have a more Diablo-esque camera angle approach, but it will pretty much retain all the key elements from the previous two games,

The goal is set for 100.000 $, with it's own list of stretch goals; it's currently at half of it with more than 20 days left, so i think it's gonna make it at least. Personally, i'm glad a project like this had the opportunity to rise up and show the effectiveness of the Collabortive SE campaign; we'll see how this goes.

• Thumbs Up 1