Awoo.

Does Anybody Remember That Sonic X Game For The Leapster?

thisthingdidthis

Once upon a time, there was an educational game based on the anime Sonic X. The game taught basic mathematics. I was wondering if people are actually aware that this game exists. The box art looks like this. imgres.jpg

Yeah, I've seen gameplay of it before. It looks alright for a crappy educational game and I think it even has some new sprites in it.

Nothing can compare to Sonic's Schoolhouse though.

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

21 minutes ago, JmTsHaW said:

Yeah, I've seen gameplay of it before. It looks alright for a crappy educational game and I think it even has some new sprites in it.

Nothing can compare to Sonic's Schoolhouse though.

Hide contents

hqdefault.jpg

I'm Sonic, click on me for help

• Thumbs Up 3

I... uh, actually have it. Or had it, at least. Dunno where it went, it was ages ago.

Anyway, yeah, it was a pretty weird game, from what I remember.

Edited by Mister X

Oh wow I remember this. I actually think that was my first topic I ever made here, but it was back before the big server wipe of '09, so it's long gone.

Yeah, it had some modified Sonic 3 sprites and I thought that was the coolest thing. It was a pretty good attempt at an educational game... but the actual cutscenes were pretty... well...

...y...yeah, let's just say I want @Roger_van_der_weide to do an "in minutes" of this masterpiece. :P

Spoiler

This plot absolutely would happen in the Sonic X universe

• Thumbs Up 6

I want Math Robots to appear in the games and/or the comics.

EDIT: Looking at the manual... "Dr. Eggman's Super Sucky Machine"?

This game and the console never came to Brazil, so I can't talk so much. I do not know much about the game. Considering the Sonic Schoolhouse, this game is much worse?

Somewhere I actually have the design document for this game. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I saw this a few times at the store but I never asked my parents to buy it for me, because I was too old for it by that point. The game itself reminds me of old crappy gamemaker games honestly.

Spoiler

My sister did however get this:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Mister X said:

I want Math Robots to appear in the games and/or the comics.

EDIT: Looking at the manual... "Dr. Eggman's Super Sucky Machine"?

That's quite a leap from Mean Beam Machine. O.o

Wonder what Eggman wants to have super sucked...

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

With the quality of this animation, I almost expect Sonic to say, "Oh boy!  I'm so hungry, I could eat an Octorok!"

• Thumbs Up 6

The animation is actually not half bad considering what a low-budget production this would have been.  Though while I get that the last segment is just a "cool intro of Sonic running about doing stuff" moment I can't help but read it as Sonic saying "bring it on!" then immediately running off and leaving Chris to die.

• Thumbs Up 5

9 hours ago, Tara said:

With the quality of this animation, I almost expect Sonic to say, "Oh boy!  I'm so hungry, I could eat an Octorok!"

"It is written, only Link Sonic can defeat Eggman."

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I think people are criticizing that cut-scene a bit too much. I mean it's not good but come on, it was a low budget game for a educational handheld console aimed at small kids in the early/mid 2000's. Like, what exactly were you expecting? 

• Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, Da Blu Hedgie said:

I saw this a few times at the store but I never asked my parents to buy it for me, because I was too old for it by that point. The game itself reminds me of old crappy gamemaker games honestly.

Hide contents

My sister did however get this:

Hide contents

Somehow, I think that second Leapster game still managed to have more accurate Genesis physics than Sonic 4.

11 hours ago, ShroomZ said:

Eh, I think people are criticizing that cut-scene a bit too much. I mean it's not good but come on, it was a low budget game for a educational handheld console aimed at small kids in the early/mid 2000's. Like, what exactly were you expecting? 

Delicious snark bait. And they got it.

Nobody let that animation leak. It'll be the new cringe thing for the fanbase up there with Sonic Sez.

5 hours ago, SurrealBrain said:

Delicious snark bait. And they got it.

What? 

I remember wanting this game as a young kid. The thing was, I didn't have a Leapster.

Obviously, I don't want it now considering my Math skills has obviously surpassed the levels this game was teaching, but I do have nostalgia remembering the days where I want anything with Sonic's face slapped on it.

• 2 years later...

Oh yeah, i remember seeing this in Walmart.

Anything notable within it?

On 4/30/2016 at 8:15 PM, Indigo Rush said:

Oh wow I remember this. I actually think that was my first topic I ever made here, but it was back before the big server wipe of '09, so it's long gone.

Yeah, it had some modified Sonic 3 sprites and I thought that was the coolest thing. It was a pretty good attempt at an educational game... but the actual cutscenes were pretty... well...

...y...yeah, let's just say I want @Roger_van_der_weide to do an "in minutes" of this masterpiece. :P

Hide contents

This plot absolutely would happen in the Sonic X universe

I don't know whether to be legit impressed or very slightly weirded out.

This is most lively and upbeat I remember seeing Chris being, but then that could be the lack of the low budget quirky BGMs & awkward pauses/dragouts just as much as the surprisingly good animation.