Jump to content
Awoo.

Does Anybody Remember That Sonic X Game For The Leapster?


thisthingdidthis
 Share

Recommended Posts

I... uh, actually have it. Or had it, at least. Dunno where it went, it was ages ago.

Anyway, yeah, it was a pretty weird game, from what I remember.

Edited by Mister X
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh wow I remember this. I actually think that was my first topic I ever made here, but it was back before the big server wipe of '09, so it's long gone.

Yeah, it had some modified Sonic 3 sprites and I thought that was the coolest thing. It was a pretty good attempt at an educational game... but the actual cutscenes were pretty... well...

...y...yeah, let's just say I want @Roger_van_der_weide to do an "in minutes" of this masterpiece. :P

Spoiler

This plot absolutely would happen in the Sonic X universe

 

  • Thumbs Up 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This game and the console never came to Brazil, so I can't talk so much. I do not know much about the game. Considering the Sonic Schoolhouse, this game is much worse?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw this a few times at the store but I never asked my parents to buy it for me, because I was too old for it by that point. The game itself reminds me of old crappy gamemaker games honestly.

Spoiler

My sister did however get this:

Spoiler

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mister X said:

I want Math Robots to appear in the games and/or the comics.

EDIT: Looking at the manual... "Dr. Eggman's Super Sucky Machine"?

That's quite a leap from Mean Beam Machine. O.o

Wonder what Eggman wants to have super sucked...

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The animation is actually not half bad considering what a low-budget production this would have been.  Though while I get that the last segment is just a "cool intro of Sonic running about doing stuff" moment I can't help but read it as Sonic saying "bring it on!" then immediately running off and leaving Chris to die.

  • Thumbs Up 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Tara said:

With the quality of this animation, I almost expect Sonic to say, "Oh boy!  I'm so hungry, I could eat an Octorok!"

"It is written, only Link Sonic can defeat Eggman."

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eh, I think people are criticizing that cut-scene a bit too much. I mean it's not good but come on, it was a low budget game for a educational handheld console aimed at small kids in the early/mid 2000's. Like, what exactly were you expecting? 

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Da Blu Hedgie said:

I saw this a few times at the store but I never asked my parents to buy it for me, because I was too old for it by that point. The game itself reminds me of old crappy gamemaker games honestly.

  Hide contents

My sister did however get this:

  Hide contents

 

 

Somehow, I think that second Leapster game still managed to have more accurate Genesis physics than Sonic 4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ShroomZ said:

Eh, I think people are criticizing that cut-scene a bit too much. I mean it's not good but come on, it was a low budget game for a educational handheld console aimed at small kids in the early/mid 2000's. Like, what exactly were you expecting? 

Delicious snark bait. And they got it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember wanting this game as a young kid. The thing was, I didn't have a Leapster.

Obviously, I don't want it now considering my Math skills has obviously surpassed the levels this game was teaching, but I do have nostalgia remembering the days where I want anything with Sonic's face slapped on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

Oh yeah, i remember seeing this in Walmart.

Anything notable within it?

On 4/30/2016 at 8:15 PM, Indigo Rush said:

Oh wow I remember this. I actually think that was my first topic I ever made here, but it was back before the big server wipe of '09, so it's long gone.

Yeah, it had some modified Sonic 3 sprites and I thought that was the coolest thing. It was a pretty good attempt at an educational game... but the actual cutscenes were pretty... well...

...y...yeah, let's just say I want @Roger_van_der_weide to do an "in minutes" of this masterpiece. :P

  Hide contents

This plot absolutely would happen in the Sonic X universe

 

I don't know whether to be legit impressed or very slightly weirded out.

 

This is most lively and upbeat I remember seeing Chris being, but then that could be the lack of the low budget quirky BGMs & awkward pauses/dragouts just as much as the surprisingly good animation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.