Jump to content
thisthingdidthis

Does Anybody Remember That Sonic X Game For The Leapster?

Recommended Posts

        Once upon a time, there was an educational game based on the anime Sonic X. The game taught basic mathematics. I was wondering if people are actually aware that this game exists. The box art looks like this. imgres.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I've seen gameplay of it before. It looks alright for a crappy educational game and I think it even has some new sprites in it.

Nothing can compare to Sonic's Schoolhouse though.

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I... uh, actually have it. Or had it, at least. Dunno where it went, it was ages ago.

Anyway, yeah, it was a pretty weird game, from what I remember.

Edited by Mister X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow I remember this. I actually think that was my first topic I ever made here, but it was back before the big server wipe of '09, so it's long gone.

Yeah, it had some modified Sonic 3 sprites and I thought that was the coolest thing. It was a pretty good attempt at an educational game... but the actual cutscenes were pretty... well...

...y...yeah, let's just say I want @Roger_van_der_weide to do an "in minutes" of this masterpiece. :P

Spoiler

This plot absolutely would happen in the Sonic X universe

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game and the console never came to Brazil, so I can't talk so much. I do not know much about the game. Considering the Sonic Schoolhouse, this game is much worse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this a few times at the store but I never asked my parents to buy it for me, because I was too old for it by that point. The game itself reminds me of old crappy gamemaker games honestly.

Spoiler

My sister did however get this:

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mister X said:

I want Math Robots to appear in the games and/or the comics.

EDIT: Looking at the manual... "Dr. Eggman's Super Sucky Machine"?

That's quite a leap from Mean Beam Machine. O.o

Wonder what Eggman wants to have super sucked...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The animation is actually not half bad considering what a low-budget production this would have been.  Though while I get that the last segment is just a "cool intro of Sonic running about doing stuff" moment I can't help but read it as Sonic saying "bring it on!" then immediately running off and leaving Chris to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, I think people are criticizing that cut-scene a bit too much. I mean it's not good but come on, it was a low budget game for a educational handheld console aimed at small kids in the early/mid 2000's. Like, what exactly were you expecting? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Da Blu Hedgie said:

I saw this a few times at the store but I never asked my parents to buy it for me, because I was too old for it by that point. The game itself reminds me of old crappy gamemaker games honestly.

  Hide contents

My sister did however get this:

  Hide contents

 

 

Somehow, I think that second Leapster game still managed to have more accurate Genesis physics than Sonic 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ShroomZ said:

Eh, I think people are criticizing that cut-scene a bit too much. I mean it's not good but come on, it was a low budget game for a educational handheld console aimed at small kids in the early/mid 2000's. Like, what exactly were you expecting? 

Delicious snark bait. And they got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember wanting this game as a young kid. The thing was, I didn't have a Leapster.

Obviously, I don't want it now considering my Math skills has obviously surpassed the levels this game was teaching, but I do have nostalgia remembering the days where I want anything with Sonic's face slapped on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, i remember seeing this in Walmart.

Anything notable within it?

On 4/30/2016 at 8:15 PM, Indigo Rush said:

Oh wow I remember this. I actually think that was my first topic I ever made here, but it was back before the big server wipe of '09, so it's long gone.

Yeah, it had some modified Sonic 3 sprites and I thought that was the coolest thing. It was a pretty good attempt at an educational game... but the actual cutscenes were pretty... well...

...y...yeah, let's just say I want @Roger_van_der_weide to do an "in minutes" of this masterpiece. :P

  Hide contents

This plot absolutely would happen in the Sonic X universe

 

I don't know whether to be legit impressed or very slightly weirded out.

 

This is most lively and upbeat I remember seeing Chris being, but then that could be the lack of the low budget quirky BGMs & awkward pauses/dragouts just as much as the surprisingly good animation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.