Awoo.

*(Sonic BOOM - YOUR Season 2 Plan)*

Chris Knopps

More stuff like this and they could convince me to watch it. I love this joke, it's incredible.

TMNT manages to be hillarious, action-packed, and fully capable of selling toys, as were the earlier seasons of the OT (which later dropped the action-packed and then hillarious parts in that order). TMNT has a rotating cast of toyetic side characters, like Shredder's merry gang of mutants or the Mutanimals. Perci and the like should appear more often so that the corresponding toys could sell better. I'd try to get SEGA to let us use game, DIC, and Archie characters on the show for the sake of corresponding toys. TMS characters seem less likely, and Fleetway, pre-252 Archie, et al are out of the question. The non-toyetic characters (Comedy Chimp, et al) would need to be slowly phased out of the series. Any character who doesn't have combat ability or isn't cute will be demoted, because they won't sell merchandise.

I'd also improve the writing a bit, but not by too much. Just enough to get the merchandise flying off the shelves. Modern kids like wacky surreal stuff, right? So lets add more.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:48 AM, SBR2 said:

Although I'd love to see more Sonic Characters come in.

If I had to pick at least one with some passionate re-designs...

silver_boom_by_k7g4p11-d8oyeh2.png

Tron Silver:

tron_silver_walking__by_techno_tron-d5ye

Western Silver:

western_silver__what__by_techno_tron-d5i

or Victorian Age Silver:

silver_s_alter_ego__ttvt_by_sabrydfirewo

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 0:05 AM, Miru said:

TMNT manages to be hillarious, action-packed, and fully capable of selling toys, as were the earlier seasons of the OT (which later dropped the action-packed and then hillarious parts in that order). TMNT has a rotating cast of toyetic side characters, like Shredder's merry gang of mutants or the Mutanimals. Perci and the like should appear more often so that the corresponding toys could sell better. I'd try to get SEGA to let us use game, DIC, and Archie characters on the show for the sake of corresponding toys. TMS characters seem less likely, and Fleetway, pre-252 Archie, et al are out of the question. The non-toyetic characters (Comedy Chimp, et al) would need to be slowly phased out of the series. Any character who doesn't have combat ability or isn't cute will be demoted, because they won't sell merchandise.

I'd also improve the writing a bit, but not by too much. Just enough to get the merchandise flying off the shelves. Modern kids like wacky surreal stuff, right? So lets add more.

Yeah but TMNT isn't a straight forward Comedy. It's like asking Adventure Time to be He-Man. It's not trying to be an epic fantasy it's trying to be a comedy with Fantasy Elements.

Now don't get me wrong I love stuff like Steven Universe and it makes me feel very real emotions for the characters but there's nothing wrong with being a straight forward comedy.

We had another topic like this a while back, to which I gave some extensive thoughts. So, for the sake of interest, here's a repost of it with some new content:

(Okay, gonna go super-extensive on this one, since I really do think this show does have the potential to be really good)

-More effort in areas besides writing/voice acting: While Sonic Boom does position itself as a sitcom, where writing and voice acting are the most important elements to get right, that does not excuse the poor physical timing for character animation, the practically non-existent soundtrack or the repetitive character interactions. Some of Only Fools and Horses' best moments stem from perfect comedic timing and reactions, Last of the Summer Wine proved how an incredible soundtrack could make itself much more memorable and enchanting (for lack of a better word) and Red Dwarf managed to get away with the same four characters for nearly 30 years by giving each of them enough personality; warts, unexpected traits and all; to bounce off of each other in several ways.

DO NOT PLAGIARIZE OTHER PEOPLE'S MUSIC FOR 2/3 OF YOUR SOUNDTRACK: For a series renowned for fantastic music, Boom has a horrendous tendency at ripping off other people's work for their soundtrack. Be it Yakety Sax with some notes changed, the poor man's 20th Century Fox tune, or FUCKING CAN'T STOP BY RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS AT A HIGHER KEY, the show has a serious problem with musical plagiarism that could get it into serious trouble if nothing's done for it. At the very least, it's insulting to hear when most of these rip-offs are actually worse than the originals (if you're going to rip off other people's songs, take a lesson from Dragon Ball's Kenji Yamamoto and do it well).

-A better script editor: I don't care what some folks say; 11 minutes is more than enough time to tell a compelling story with lots of humour, adventure, intrigue and all that jazz, as Adventure Time, Regular Show and Steven Universe have constantly proven. I believe the writers are capable of telling good stories that wrap up well within that time, but that they need a better editor to tell them when certain jokes are going on for too long and need to be either shortened or cut altogether in order to improve the pacing (the birthday cake gag in Eggheads could've done with that; seriously, it made that scene from Episode 24 of Evangelion feel as fast as Sonic himself).

-Actual sodding sound design: I'm not speaking specifically about the lack of soundtrack (which is also a serious problem in and of itself), but also how there's no background noise whatsoever. If there isn't any dialogue, and that can happen, all that's left is dead silence. There's no jungle ambience, seaside waves or chatting crowds to make the world feel more alive; a result that makes sense in the sterile halls of Eggman's base, but otherwise makes the show feel needlessly uncomfortable and awkward.

-Swap between adventure stories and comedic plots: Considering Boom's a French-American production, I'm surprised nobody tried to take inspiration from the plots of the Asterix comics to vary up what happens in the show. For newcomers, Asterix has two general plot outlines that swap every book or so: a story set in the main characters' village, where a new element is introduced to provoke interaction between the many villagers and are more character-driven, and a story where the main characters head off to a distant land, where they react to the many strange foreign things they encounter and deal in a little bit of satire. Boom has dealt with the former, practically to the point of overkill by never changing what happens, and would do itself some kind of favour by going on adventures outside the same four locations.

-Give Knuckles more to do: Dear writers of all things, having a one-note dumb character is an endlessly stupid thing to do, mainly because it makes them really unbearable whenever they speak and bores the viewers by never surprising them. If you want to know how to do a not-so-bright character right, go watch Ed Edd n Eddy and pay particular attention to Ed. He's not booksmart, and mostly speaks in non-sequiturs (buttertoast, anyone?), but that's not the extent to his character. He adores chickens and gravy, he has a ridiculous obsession with monster movies & comics that can lead him to confuse them with reality (he started what was ostensibly a death cult for one episode after reading about it in a comic), he's by far and away one of the strongest cartoon characters ever written, he gets on with everyone really quite well (when he's not with Eddy, at any rate) and his loyalty towards the other two Eds is very admirable. Give Knuckles that kind of depth, and I'll be happy to watch the show all day, every day.

-Make it interesting!: Let me ask y'all this - is there any reason to watch any episode of Boom more than once or twice? I'd like to know, because I can't think of anything. All there is to each episode is simply the script presented, and little else. There aren't any background jokes or elements to catch on a second-time around, there's nothing that adds to the series or its characters in any way that doesn't involve desperately grasping for straws (which I frequently did to convince myself that there was more going on than was actually the case) and simply no real hook to watching more than ten episodes. Give me an interesting story arc, even a subtle bit in the background, some backstory on the characters to make them more compelling, or anything that won't have me changing the channel and wondering what the whole point of this was (besides making money, of course).

If you haven't picked up the common link between all of these points, allow me to sum this whole thing up:

THERE'S NOT ENOUGH EFFORT PUT INTO THIS SHOW; PUT MORE INTO IT! THEN IT'LL BE THE BEST SONIC TV SHOW OUT THERE! (At least for me, at any rate)

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Yeah but TMNT isn't a straight forward Comedy. It's like asking Adventure Time to be He-Man. It's not trying to be an epic fantasy it's trying to be a comedy with Fantasy Elements.

Now don't get me wrong I love stuff like Steven Universe and it makes me feel very real emotions for the characters but there's nothing wrong with being a straight forward comedy.

The 1987 TMNT was a straight-forward comedy for the most part. That's what I was trying to emulate: a toyetic comedy.