Awoo.

Sonic is Coming to Lego Dimensions "Gotta LeGo Fast!"

Badnik Mechanic

This is unverified by us. 

Back in September, a list was leaked online which showed product numbers and codenames for upcoming Lego Dimension packs. Here is that list

You might notice this product number:  "71244 S1"

Well... now according to two apparent Lego Insiders it's Sonic.

The first guy said  “Hmmm S1, could that be Sonic? *wink*”, but then edited it to just say “That looks interesting.”

Now a second insider has said:  'Sonic is coming', followed by "I also know for a fact Sonic is in if that confirms anything"

Now, you might be thinking 'how do you know these guys are insiders? You're right I have no fucking clue, but this lego news site is claiming that they both are very reliable Lego insiders. And since we actually have a name and a person we can look at and dig into the history of, it's a hell of a lot more than just "We got a mysterious email saying..." which is usually how these go.

Why did I make a topic about it? Well, I guarantee you someone is going to make a topic with just a link to GoNintendo or MyNintendoNews and nothing else so if they're all going to be locked until something solid comes out, we might as well direct people to all the information surrounding the rumour and why it's just a rumour. 

Source: http://brickinquirer.com/2016/05/04/report-sonic-is-coming-to-lego-dimensions-plus-confirming-kr-is-coming/

• Thumbs Up 7

Yeah I am not buying it. I mean an S in a product number doesn't mean shit. LEGO games have other characters who's names start with S. And then theres the whole "I'm a lego insider" thing. 

If it DOES turn out to be Sonic I will apologise but I am gonna stay out of the hype for this one. 

It doesn't sound out of the realm of possibilities especially since you know the game is a crossover between several different franchises. We got Scooby Doo, The Simpsons, Ghostbusters, Lord of the Rings hell we even got Portal and Doctor Who the last two things that you would expect. Not to mention there's a midway arcade set(how the heck do I know this?). So yeah I can believe it it's not like this franchise has been in stranger things before.

4 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Do actual Sonic Legos even exist, though?

No, but that doesn't make it any less possible. Again, Portal 2.

If this turns out to be true, I'll be extremely happy. I love LEGO Dimensions already so to see Sonic interact with more of my favorite characters like Jay Walker and The Doctor is something I have to be excited for!

I said years ago a Sonic game similar to Lego ones would be fun. The idea was shot down, but I never forgot. I never forgot.

9 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

No, but other stuff represented didn't have sets either, so that doesn't seem to be a stumbling block.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Considering they made Portal 2 and Doctor Who packs just for Lego Dimensions I'm sure they can make one for Sonic. 

I was about to comment that Sonic doesn't have an official LEGO set, which I thought was a pre-requisite for this game, but then I checked LEGO Portal and saw that Portal doesn't have an official LEGO set as well :lol: So I guess anything can be in this game regardless of whether they have an official LEGO set or not. That said, this is certainly interesting news!

Haven't played the game or picked up any packs since completing the story. But a Lego Sonic pack could be weirdly obscure :P I'd buy it!

Reading to fast and read "Sonic Dimensions"  and did a double take xD

• Thumbs Up 8

My biggest question is what a Sonic Lego set would even look like. I mean, a Sonic minifigure would look kind of weird, IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Mister X said:

My biggest question is what a Sonic Lego set would even look like. I mean, a Sonic minifigure would look kind of weird, IMO.

I'm sure if they end up making one they'll do what they did for the Simpsons minifigues (unlike that LEGO episode of Simpsons) and give Sonic a specially sculpted head rather than printing his face on a normal head.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd certainly be happy if this was true as it'd give me a reason to go back and play the game again, but in a way I also don't expect or imagine it to be legit.

But then again, as others have said, nothing is impossible with this game. Doctor Who, Portal 2, Ghostbusters, Midway Arcade... they're all proof of the insane crossovers possible in Dimensions. Watch this space I guess.

According to the site the person who said this would be happening is usually right. So I'd say chances are pretty high of this being true.

Not gonna lie, when I glanced at this thread I was like "Huh? Wait what?" Now it might be just a rumor, but if does end up being true, then I don't know what to say honestly.

Finally I will get to play a PS4 game with Sonic in it...

• Thumbs Up 1

This combined with the Knight Rider rumor would be even more temptation for me to get this darned game :(

At first blush this made no sense to me, but thinking about it, this could work very well for Eggman and his various boss machines.  Stick some stuff on the Eggmobile, or stick the Eggmobile in a bigger vehicle... it's very LEGO-compatible.  So too is the regular, pixel-heavy art style of classic Sonic.  This could really work.

That's...interesting, I guess.

I know the level pack they did for Portal tried to mix a decent amount of gameplay elements from that franchise with more traditional Lego gameplay (and I guess you can say the same for that Midway-based pack they put out), so I'm curious as to how they'll do the same for Sonic. Maybe they'll take inspiration from Sonic's roots and make the pack more sidescrolling-focused? Or perhaps they'll try and include the homing attack or spindash somehow? If anything I think we can guarantee that Green Hill will show up in some fashion.

I thought the concept of Sonic in Lego Dimensions was really bizarre at first, but now I'm actually interested in seeing how it's executed.

30 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

This combined with the Knight Rider rumor would be even more temptation for me to get this darned game :(

For me, they've gotta add Bionicle in this for the Crossover of the Previous Decade.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can add this to the rumour pile.

So Sega have various licenses for various sonic products. For example, a famous one is the small-medium figures 8-12" figure/statue Sonic. F4F had it. Then they lost it to Jazwares, then a few months ago F4F confirmed tomy have it as an exclusive.

Well... apparently there is a 'construction toy' Sonic license. And up until very recently,  Meccano had that as an exclusive. 

Meaning in terms of licensing, Lego could make small construction themed Sonic toys as of January 2016.

• Thumbs Up 6

Well I guess TSSZ are happy now that Sonic (LEGO) Dimensions could very likely be a thing, but hey cool not entirely too sure if I should pick up the game if it is confirmed but I'll definitely whatever Sonic-themed sets or whatever this game has.

If Sonic got into LEGO Dimensions I'd probably finally buy it.

But I'm not getting my hopes up for that.