Awoo.

Sonic is Coming to Lego Dimensions "Gotta LeGo Fast!"

Badnik Mechanic

there was 1 thing from the battle arena trailer i noticed but wasn't 100% sure was sonic related or not. is this unknown arena

(insert screenshot of harry potter in carnival night zone battle arena here)

does it look like any zones you reconize?

• Thumbs Up 1

That boss battle isn't the last you'll see of the Sonic balloon. He's also part of the balloon restoration in the Adventure World:

WgQeSLS.jpg

GTdpLiE.jpg

6 hours ago, kirby1up said:

there was 1 thing from the battle arena trailer i noticed but wasn't 100% sure was sonic related or not. is this unknown arena

chrome_2016-09-27_09-38-17.png

It looks like Carnival Night Zone (They confirmed at one of the Gamescom streams (IGN's IIRC) that Sonic's Battle Arena is based off this zone)

• Thumbs Up 9

EDIT: Ninja'd considerably. Whoops. Boss is ace, anyway! The LEGO Sonic Balloon is also rather cute!

Didn't expect to see a Balloon boss of Eggman, let alone Sonic showing up during as another balloon (and appearing later on) in a Ghostbusters 2016 level of all things.

The Sonic balloon looks pretty classic styled overall, it wouldn't happen to be this Sonic balloon in particular:

latest?cb=20100316173825

Overall, I look forward to more of Sonic in LD, especially the dialogue (Lumpy Space Princess's one was amazing.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Someone got hold of the Sonic minifig early! It doesn't work in-game yet, but damn that's a hella nice minifig.

• Thumbs Up 6

was messing around last weekend and decided to build a mock replica of the sonic world gateway found in the main hub

IMG_0937.JPG

the floating rings and stickers aside it does appear to be possible to build this with real legos (though some bricks would need to get painted the right color) that said didn't have all of the right bricks on hand so I mostly just used bricks I could find scattered around

• Thumbs Up 2

That boss battle isn't the last you'll see of the Sonic balloon. He's also part of the balloon restoration in the Adventure World:

WgQeSLS.jpg

GTdpLiE.jpg

chrome_2016-09-27_09-38-17.png

It looks like Carnival Night Zone (They confirmed at one of the Gamescom streams (IGN's IIRC) that Sonic's Battle Arena is based off this zone)

It actually looks more like Eggmanland from Sonic Unleashed o.O

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Miru said:

I REALLY hope they also poke fun at Lost World and Rise of Lyric... 

As much as I'd like this, SEGA only seems to be interested in tearing Sonic 2006 apart. Notice in the video below, they were quick to make fun of '06's loading times, but then completely skip describing Lost World, Boom: Rise of Lyric and Boom: Shattered Crystal.

So, no, I doubt they'll poke fun at any recent games. SEGA's still trying to sell them, and nothing sells a game better than constantly pointing out all of its flaws. Oh well...

• Thumbs Up 1

Logo Big looks really weird.

Eh, whatever. I wonder if Big will speak in this. We haven't really heard much of his current VA, outside of Colors DS. (And even then, it was just a small voice clip.)

Haha, Lego Big the Cat looks a little fatter as a figure, though what's with the moobs anyway?:lol:

Shadow, Knuckles, and Tails aren't bad. But Big is weird. Echoing everybody's sentiments about the man boobs. What is up with those?

Hoping hear their voice actors in the games. I hope Kirk has improved his Shadow voice though....

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Why have they given Big moobs though. 

11 minutes ago, TheBlueGuardian said:

though what's with the moobs anyway?:lol:

4 minutes ago, Mad Convoy said:

Shadow, Knuckles, and Tails aren't bad. But Big is weird. Echoing everybody's sentiments about the man boobs. What is up with those?

unlike normal big figs like hulk right here

Image result for lego video game hulk sitting in chair

big has a large round belly and small legs/feet so my guess is when he's standing big will look normal but when he's sitting like in the picture the moops will show up.

• Thumbs Up 1

That makes a lot of sense, kirby1up. Its somewhat difficult to see that Big is sitting due to the camera angle, but now I see it and it makes sense.

(I can't unsee Big the Cat with the Hulk's build and size now. Why?)

Wait a minute, where's Amy? Are we have to wait until November 18 before we can see her figure? Because I really want to see how her Logo form looks.

Then again, what if she isn't in the game at all? ._.

Pretty sure they explicitly mentioned Amy in one of the interviews, so she's definitely in the game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just to add on the "Big has moobs" detail, it looks like LEGO Big has the same body type as the Blob from LEGO Marvel. (I presume it's the same for any other 'fat' big-fig.)

Nice to see that more characters than the classic group are involved in the level pack. I wonder what kind of quest(s) Shadow could give in the Adventure World.

• Thumbs Up 4

Those characters being all together with  that plastic gloss is giving me Heroes vibes. : P

Glad to hear Shadow and Big will also appear - hopefully more characters will show up. The screenshot also looks like some cut-scene, wonder what the plot of Sonic's world will be in the game and how it will be handled, definitely looks like there might be a fair amount of interaction between the characters.

And may I say, that Knuckles is looking fine.

• Thumbs Up 3

Can we all take a moment to appreciate the fact that the Lego on Knuckles' shoes are now actually Legos? ¦D

Heck, his whole feet are now, so the blocks actually make some functional sense now. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

Big the Cat has returned. 

Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 confirmed?

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty surprised to see Big, but happy he's here. He's a character that I feel doesn't get too much spotlight (outside the Archie Sonic comics) unfortunately more than likely due to his popularity. Pretty sure Amy will be here since she's incredibly popular and is apart of the main Sonic crew (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy). 

I have my copied paid off at GameStop but still not sure when I'll buy Lego Dimensions so I can play it. Pretty up there and price last I seen, and there's also the bundles I have to look at... Kinda wish I could just get the game and device without any other characters bundled (Sonic is all I really care to own, so eh).

• Thumbs Up 3

I know this will not happen, but what if Sega and Lego decide to actually make more character packs because of high demand for them? If not, maybe certain characters such as Silver or Jet

• Thumbs Up 4

I know previously they showed that Sonic would be compatible with other level packs (like the Ghostbusters one) and that other characters could jump into the Sonic levels...

...but how many other level packs is the Sonic model compatible with? Can lego Sonic pretty much just jump into any level made for the game?

sorry if that question seems stupid, but I have never played the game at all.