Awoo.

Sonic is Coming to Lego Dimensions "Gotta LeGo Fast!"

Badnik Mechanic

3 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

And the only thing you can do with Flash is join him on a mission to take down Gotham and Metropolis goons.

Really? Ugh. I'll have my race one of these days.

So the only thing you can do with other characters is team up with them? No fights or anything?

1 minute ago, ヒーロー said:

So the only thing you can do with other characters is team up with them? No fights or anything?

Well, there are boss battles in the story. But in the open worlds? Yeah, you just assist them in missions.

18 hours ago, Ayliffe said:

Superman because he has no limits especially when it comes to speed(unless he's dealing with Speedsters who tap into the speed force aka the flash). 

52 minutes ago, ヒーロー said:

50 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Well, there are boss battles in the story. But in the open worlds? Yeah, you just assist them in missions.

as far as flash goes i wouldn't worry to much about him not getting a figure release. since the batman movie is getting a story pack we are likely getting the lego movie batman added into the game  giphy.gif

also the green arrow and supergirl pollygon bags confirm that year 1 franchises can still at least get figures

Oh, I do have to mention that there is one speed-based character Sonic can face off against in both the story and Adventure Worlds!

latest?cb=20150412043325

Griffin Turner, the Elemental Master of Speed. You can battle him in the game's third level: Elements of Surprise and the Ninjago Adventure World (provided you have a Ninjago character).

Psst! Get Jay.

i figured i'd mention this here for any potential future newcomers to lego dimensions that toys r us currently has a sale going on for the starter packs (49.99$ for the older consoles and 59.99$ for the newer consoles) that will end by the end of the week

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?categoryId=61582296&fg=Category&ff=Taxonomy&fv=11156561&fd=Holiday+Shops&

8 hours ago, kirby1up said:

i figured i'd mention this here for any potential future newcomers to lego dimensions that toys r us currently has a sale going on for the starter packs (49.99$ for the older consoles and 59.99$ for the newer consoles) that will end by the end of the week

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?categoryId=61582296&fg=Category&ff=Taxonomy&fv=11156561&fd=Holiday+Shops&

Target is also having a Dimensions sale this week, with even lower starter pack prices than TRU. In addition, the Microsoft Store is selling all LEGO Dimensions accessories for 50% off, with the exception of the Starter Pack. 

I actually picked up a Starter Pack today and I'm having a lot of fun with it! If you've had fun with the TT LEGO games in the past you'll probably enjoy yourself here, too. I'm surprised how compelling they make the idea of buying other packs, given just how much there is for other minifigures and gadgets to do in the Adventure Worlds.

From a Sonic perspective, having played the game, I'm quite excited to see what all TT gives us. As has been mentioned before, Bricklink has Sonic pegged for getting a Level Pack, meaning we're getting Sonic, the Tornado, a short story mission within Sonic's world, and an as-yet-unknown gadget or vehicle. Existing game mechanics tell us that the Tornado will be upgradable and offer two other buildable permutations, and it'll be fun to see those play out. One of the upgrades for the Batmobile, for example, is an unlockable 1960's Batmobile skin for it, and I'd love to see an unlockable Tornado 2 or Sonic 2 colorscheme for the Tornado (we're getting the SA1 colors by default). As far as the gadget goes, I wouldn't be surprised if it's an item box or something of that nature - the gadgets are upgradable and rebuildable just like the vehicles, and I've got a feeling the Chaos Emeralds are going to be reserved to provide a thrust for the plot of the story mission, certainly given the recent Super Sonic allusions on that dev's Twitter.

The thing I'm really excited to see is Sonic's Adventure World. If the Series 1 Adventure Worlds are an indication, we're gonna have a huge Sonic-themed playspace to explore with hundreds of bricks to collect and tons of neat little easter eggs along with full voice acting. In the LEGO Movie World, for example, you meet characters from that movie who give you little missions which reward you with Gold Bricks upon completion, and they accompany you throughout the mission and are voiced often by their original voice actors. Weirdy, I feel like we're gonna see a lot more of Sonic's friends in Dimensions than we have in any mainline game in years, by necessity. The game's design requires drawing tons of places amd characters from a given brand in order to make its Adventure World compelling and full of content. The DC Comics World includes obscure characters and locations - for example, I was given a mission by Perry White to go explore Atlantis and find several missing reporters. The idea of interacting with tons of characters from thoughout Sonic's history and getting a story with full cutscenes and VA for multiple characters is super exciting, and it's just the sort of tribute I've been wanting this year.

Knowing that TT has tackled Sonic before makes this more interesting - and, might I add, several members of the 3D Blast and R teams are still there. The lead artist on 3D Blast has been the art director on TT's LEGO games since the original LEGO Star Wars! I'm honestly super stoked about what we're getting with Dimensions. It's think gonna be a big surprise for all of us.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Sonic Minifigure looks great! I am a little iffy on the ring, though... I expected it to be like the ones used in the Lord Of The Rings sets:

lego-minifig-accessories-chrome-gold-rin

But instead we got what's basically a yellow version of the piece LEGO uses as a toilet seat:

s-l1000.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

Tell me somebody copied the tweets?

Fake edit:

CmSVb85XgAA0d09.jpg

Okay, okay, I am not going to freak out, but that minfig is frickin cute. Like, wow, omg, they might actually be trying to kill me. It's like somebody put out a hit on me and the LEGO Group took on the bounty and this is how they're planning to murder me. 

If I am found dead, that minfig will have been the murder weapon. Oh my god look at the tiny little shoes and the checkerboard base he's so CUTE goodness gracious

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am curious if LEGO would find some way to implement Super Sonic into the game. I have two ideas as to how that might work:

1. There's a good chance Sonic will get a Level Pack. With that in mind, a search for the Emeralds could be a plot for the included adventure. The final cutscene would have Super Sonic taking down an Eggman robot of some sort, however, he won't be playable.

2. A special form that can be taken on with a special command.

Supergirl has the ability to take on her Red Lantern form in the game as shown below:

jpg

Perhaps Sonic can take on a temporary Super form similar to this mechanic.

• Thumbs Up 1

So it looks like Sonic's dimension (and/or Level Pack, if confirmed) will be more classic-inspired. Makes perfect sense to me, considering this game is a chance for some non-Sonic gamers to get a good look at the blue blur and his world. Kinda surprised at how much Green Hill looks almost exactly like it does in Generations. Seriously, remove the Lego Dimensions logo and I'd think this might be a new Generations mod. Kudos to TT Fusion there.

Now to find out which other Sonic characters they'll chose to be the obligatory quest givers of the hub world...

• Thumbs Up 1

It got lost in the Sonic Mania shuffle, but HERE'S your Level Pack, folks!! The Tornado and Sonic's car from All-Stars Racing!

SEGAbits_2016-Jul-22.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

Still feel that we'll get either a Team pack and/or a fun pack or two with this, they have to know it'll sell well considering how well Sonic Merch does. Maybe Eggman and amy figures, then Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow as Ghostbusters story pack style swapouts for sonic(same base attributes, but unique secondary abilities)

we will likely see these during the presentation but someone took a picture of that back

Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 10.39.08 PM

doesn't seem too out of place however that last plane rebuild reminds me of something specific...

• Thumbs Up 1

so the gameplay was pretty much put lego sonic in generations green hill zone; however i'd buy it. it looks cool.

They finally did it

THEY MADE A SONIC SCREWDRIVER JOKE HAH!

That level looks amazing!

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, color me impressed.  My previous experiences with the Lego games have taught me that most of the characters control pretty much identically with some unique abilities thrown in for good measure.  But I'm shocked to find that they actually seem to have put a lot of effort into making sure Sonic moves pretty loyally to his own games.  Surprisingly fun-looking, and definitely a break from the monotony I had been expecting.  I definitely look forward to seeing more of this.

• Thumbs Up 3

The Lego Dimensions trailer was cute. Seeing Sonic going around destroying shit in a robot suit was cute. Seeing him in Adventure Time's world was cute. All of this was oh so very cute. 

Still might not get it in the end but it looks like fun to watch.