Awoo.

Sonic is Coming to Lego Dimensions "Gotta LeGo Fast!"

Badnik Mechanic

Called it. I knew Super Sonic will be an alternate form. It also really was a surprise to see the Speed Star as Sonic's second vehicle.

As for the gameplay, he plays so differently compared to the other LEGO Minifigs and I love it. His jump is higher, he has an airdash and Homing Attack, he has attacks ripped from Smash... LEGO has gone above and beyond with him.

• Thumbs Up 2

One thing I'm curious about is how he'll achieve his super form in the game. Will it be a case similar to Homer, or perhaps something more akin to the Chima characters (but with Rings instead of CHI orbs)?

Oh, and it's out in November (AKA Wave 7)? Welp, guess I'd better start saving up!

Edited by Captain Metallix

well let me post the official trailer here for anyone that might be looking for it

and for anyone that don't already know the full list of franchises in lego dimensions i'll add it down below

Spoiler

year 1's franchises

latest?cb=20150618164133

and the confirmed list for year 2

640?cb=20160610222634

*the ghostbusters 2016 movie is treated as a seperate franchise hence why its listed in year 2

9 hours ago, Mikyeong said:

so the gameplay was pretty much put lego sonic in generations green hill zone; however i'd buy it. it looks cool.

not quite.

yes it does appear that the sonic lvl will indeed be green hill zone however if you pause at 0:28 in the video the concept art shown is of a sonic themed adventure hub

this old lego dimensions trailer will give a decent explanation of what the adventure worlds are

Some new footage of Sonic's gameplay. Also, look how adorable his idle animation is:

RHZuYZ.gif

adorable

• Thumbs Up 3

Amazon has preorders up for the Sonic level pack! Here's a looksee at the product description...

The Blue Blur is ready for an adventure! Spin into action with Sonic the Hedgehog as he speeds through some of his most iconic locations including Green Hill, Emerald Coast, Labyrinth and many more. Build Sonic and use his Acrobat ability to swing off poles and avoid the Badniks, then use his famous grind rails move to make a quick escape! Travel in style by hopping into the Sonic Speedster or The Tornado, then rebuild them into the Blue Typhoon and Motobug, and the Crabmeat and Eggcatcher for extra-special abilities. Unlock the exclusive Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure World and Battle Arena.

Labyrinth? No, it can't be...

latest?cb=20131007030715

...can it?

• Thumbs Up 1

No, it's gonna be Labyrinth Zone. Because everyone fucking loves that level, right? (No, no one does)

I would pre-order the pack from EB Games (Canadian version of GameStop) but it's not there, so uhh 'll just wait it out until it does come.

I'm waiting to order until I know where I'll be in November(I'm looking at a new oppurtunity).... but I really think we're getting at least an Eggman funpack, if not say Amy(Since Tails and Knuckles could be sonic replacements)

Screen-Shot-2016-07-22-at-10.39.08-PM-10

Taking a look at the rebuilds, the Crabmeat one looks pretty good! As for the Motobug... ehhh.

Also, surprised nobody caught a screencap of this. You can see at the bottom right of the package, you see a picture of the Adventure World. As you know, every brand has an open-world for your character to explore and do missions in addition to the main levels. Need a better look? Good thing the trailer has the same pic!

Ylpq2dB.jpg

As you can see, it's a mish-mash of many levels such as Green Hill, Chemical Plant and even Carnival Night! You know what that means, right? LEGO BARRELS.

Now we gotta see the Battle Arena it unlocks...

• Thumbs Up 7

8 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

Ylpq2dB.jpg

As you can see, it's a mish-mash of many levels such as Green Hill, Chemical Plant and even Carnival Night! You know what that means, right? LEGO BARRELS.

Now we gotta see the Battle Arena it unlocks...

I also notice the Death Egg lurking up there in the upper-right.  I don't know much about Lego Dimensions, so is it meaningful that it's not actually in the bubble?

5 hours ago, FFWF said:

I also notice the Death Egg lurking up there in the upper-right.  I don't know much about Lego Dimensions, so is it meaningful that it's not actually in the bubble?

normally no but this is also the first time i've seen something outside of the original bubble however it looks like

it has its own bubble so there might be a way to get up there we don't know about yet

Ylpq2dB.jpg

otherwise it could be part of the sonic level pack,the sonic battle arena or part of a hidden room in one of the other levels we don't know about

• Thumbs Up 1

Looking at this Adventure World makes me wonder what Sonic's dialogue will be when he's in it. Like, he might comment on all these different areas suddenly coming together (similar to how the DC Adventure World is a literal fusion of Gotham and Metropolis). Perhaps Sonic's world being messed up is just another repercussion of Lord Vortech's meddling. Heck, maybe the level pack itself is centered around this idea...

Hmm....

Green Hill

Chemical Plant

Aquatic Ruins

Carnival Night

Sandopolis

Lava Reef

Emerald Coast

Labyrinth Zone

Ice Cap

The Hidden Palace/Emerald Alter

Death Egg

And possibly more

That's actually a VERY good level line up.

• Thumbs Up 2

So I'm just thinking about how much Sonic-related content will be in this game...

So we have one character, one level, 6 vehicles (if you count the rebuilds), one Adventure World, one 4-player Battle Arena and three Mystery Dimension waves.

Oh yeah, I gotta mention the Mystery Dimension. You see, if you have enouh Gold Bricks, you'll gain access to the Mystery Dimension. (Which is actually Joel McHale's basement from the Year 1 announcement trailer.)

There, you'll fight off waves and waves of enemies. Three waves per brand. Once you finish those 3 waves, you get a Gold Brick before moving onto the next one. The more brands you add to your collection, the more waves and Gold Bricks you'll get. This includes Sonic.

Personally, I still hope/believe we're getting Eggman, and either Amy and/or Knuckles. They know how well sonic stuff sells, and it'd be a pretty missed opppurtunity if they didn't

well assuming Eggman is already planed for a fun pack there's a good chance we could find ourselfs waiting a long time for his reveal

LEGO-Dimensions-Waves.jpg

it took roughly 9 months before we got every playable year 1 figure unlocked and considering how the release system is looking at the moment it appears they plan on doing the same thing as they did last year.

that said the character grid did show preview clips of the future characters in action when year 1 started (its the reason people thought peter vankman would be the only playable ghostbuster since the gameplay only showed him in action) but based on certain bits of news raven wasn't ready to be shown in action yet. so its possible they will keep future wave characters hidden till it gets close to release in order to give them more time to work out the new characters moves into the game.

I played LEGO Lord of the Rings today with my sister and it made me really excited for playing as Sonic in LEGO Dimensions now.

I'll also get the Portal Pack and the LEGO City Undercover pack, if I can.

• 2 weeks later...

welp  I just had a thought on what the minikit collectible will be...

File:Chao.png

why chao? because I just remembered you had to collect 10 chao in each zone in sonic advance 3

and considering the master emerald shrine appears to be showing up in the hub world its likely

that they could have chao there as well

7 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

Here's some Green Hill Zone footage from Gamescom. As you know from the trailer, in this level, all the studs are replaced with rings.

The new things we learned is that any character (aside from Jake's transformations) can go just as fast as Sonic while in the level. Also, when a Badnik hits you, instead of losing a heart, you lose some of the rings/studs you collected.

That's pretty cool. I really love the attention to detail they give in Sonic's world.