Awoo.

Sonic is Coming to Lego Dimensions "Gotta LeGo Fast!"

Badnik Mechanic

I had a idea I think is cool, but imagine that similar to The Doctor and the Ghostbusters, Sonic could turn into several characters like Shadow, Silver, Metal Sonic etc.

Wasn't sure if posted.

Coming November 18th. Sources Amazon, Toys R Us, and other stores also listing that date. 

More footage of Green Hill along with some new info! Sonic's Level Pack is said to be made of about SEVEN different stages and his Battle Arena is based off of Carnival Night Zone. Also:

1z2mumw.jpg

Dr. LEGGOman. Or Dr. Roblocknik, if you prefer.

• Thumbs Up 1

I HAVE to get this game and Level Pack some day. Mainly to go fast as non-Sonic characters (Laval?) and oogle the game for the slightest Archie nod.

Ruki185 and Sushi from Spindash.de had a meaty chat with one of the Lego Dimensions team members at Gamescom with quite a few tidbits about the Sonic content in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking better than I was expecting. I already have lego dimension though I haven't opened the packaging. Got it on sale and wasn't going to miss the sale since the game isn't exactly cheap where I am.

Really looking forwards to this level pack for sonic.=)

I only really have the starter pack lego characters that the game came with the the Doctor who pack.XD

• 2 weeks later...

I love these new lines, but Roger seems to be stuck on his deeper Boom Sonic voice. I hope it's back to the more high pitched Colors delivery in PJ2017.

And now I'm even more excited now that I know for sure Roger is providing completely new voice lines for Sonic in this game. The few we got in this video alone show that TT is making sure they treat the franchise they once worked on with respect (while also poking fun at some of its more odd moments). I cannot wait to see how he interacts with the other playable characters.

Also, it appears Super Sonic is one of those time-based transformations (though he isn't invincible for some reason). Good to see.

I'll gladly pick Sonic up in November if more of this is what we get out of him.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's great that I noticed is that you can extend the Super Sonic form, even mid-use by collecting studs. You know, like how you can make the form last longer by collecting Rings?

The little details, man. The little details.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyone else notice the life vest on Sonic when he was swimming? This that something relegated to him, or do other characters sport that too? If it was for Sonic, that's some nice detail to the character.

5 minutes ago, Mania Pipe said:

Anyone else notice the life vest on Sonic when he was swimming? This that something relegated to him, or do other characters sport that too? If it was for Sonic, that's some nice detail to the character.

chrome_2016-09-21_20-20-45.png

nope its a unique floating animation for him (also i'm not a hundred 100% sure since its shallow water but I think he's also shown using his legs to swim faster in the water as well,since I noticed the large splashes of water coming from him)

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, kirby1up said:

chrome_2016-09-21_20-20-45.png

nope its a unique floating animation for him (also i'm not a hundred 100% sure since its shallow water but I think he's also shown using his legs to swim faster in the water as well,since I noticed the large splashes of water coming from him)

Well I'll be. Thanks for the confirmation. I wasn't really sure if it was or not, but I'm happy to see that floating animation is unique to Sonic. :D

Super Sonic does not fly in this game?

Animation for the swimming is pretty cool! I world love to hear Sonic make a comment with Batman and Doctor who!

It might just be me, but it looked like Super Sonic was supposed to revert back to his regular self during the battle, but somehow remained looking Super. I doubt he was, though, since Sonic got damaged by the elves.

That, coupled with the odd back-and-forth model switch when Super Sonic jumped, tells me that his in-game abilities aren't quite finished yet. (Of course, Sonic IS in a later wave, so it makes sense.)

Other than that, he looks awesome to play as. I'm honestly surprised they added that 06 reference, and I got a chuckle out of the Adventure and Heroes lines.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Captain Metallix said:

It might just be me, but it looked like Super Sonic was supposed to revert back to his regular self during the battle, but somehow remained looking Super. I doubt he was, though, since Sonic got damaged by the elves.

That, coupled with the odd back-and-forth model switch when Super Sonic jumped, tells me that his in-game abilities aren't quite finished yet. (Of course, Sonic IS in a later wave, so it makes sense.)

Other than that, he looks awesome to play as. I'm honestly surprised they added that 06 reference, and I got a chuckle out of the Adventure and Heroes lines.

well we have had  " ***TEXT STRING ERROR*** No valid name entry in character text file " show up in gameplay shown at sdcc 2016 so it wouldn't surprise me if sonic isn't completed yet.

and the 06 reference had me laughing for sure.makes me wonder if a sonic and the black knight reference might get made seeing as how there's a excalibur batman that got confirmed for the game this week

Image result for lego excalibur batman

12 minutes ago, Scape said:

Man, I sure love reading reactions to removed videos!

guess that confirms that someone leaked the gameplay out thankfully the internet doesn't forget leaked things so easily.

• Thumbs Up 4

Huh, it kinda looks like LEGO Eggman has a combination of his Classic and Modern appearances. That's pretty neat.

THAT IS AMAZING. The Sonic Adventure music, Ghost Badniks, and Mike Pollock clips are an especially nice touch. Guess I'm gonna have to pick up that Story Pack a little down the line when I get the game. Anything that pits Holtzmann against Eggman I NEED. XD

You know what's really cool about this?

Sonic and Eggman balloons already exist:

Sonic2MetropolisBoss.png

sonic-balloon.jpg

Makes me wonder if we'll see Sonic bosses in Fantastic Beasts or Lego Batman story packs, I can see Chaos appearing in Fantastic Beasts since he's already confirmed to be in the game, Sonic is sure to make another cameo considering this one was filled with cameos from other franchises in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1