Awoo.

Sonic is Coming to Lego Dimensions "Gotta LeGo Fast!"

Badnik Mechanic

@sploit sonic and every other minifigure and vehicle in lego dimensions can go to every single level in the game you just need specific characters to unlock access to those areas.

3 minutes ago, kirby1up said:

@sploit sonic and every other minifigure and vehicle in lego dimensions can go to every single level in the game you just need specific characters to unlock access to those areas.

@kirby1up Thanks for the info.

That is awesome. Can't wait to see footage of lego Sonic interacting with more worlds/levels. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just had this idea pop into my head recently:

Do you guys think that Sonic's Adventure World (or the playable level) might include a hidden area or two, set in the Sol Dimension and/or Silver's future? I mean, the Adventure Time world had a few hidden portals and a TARDIS dock to go into the past, so I don't think it would be entirely impossible. Plus, it probably wouldn't be too hard to implement them into the Adventure World:

- Silver's time could be reached either through the TARDIS or a simple 'Back To The Future' vehicle dock, since it's just Sonic's future.
- The Sol Dimension, on the other hand, would most likely be accessed only with the TARDIS. (...Maybe a hidden portal, at the very least?)

Anyway, that was just a random thought I had. Having bought the game recently, I'm really interested to see how Sonic's world and level will turn out.

• Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, Captain Metallix said:

So, I just had this idea pop into my head recently:

Do you guys think that Sonic's Adventure World (or the playable level) might include a hidden area or two, set in the Sol Dimension and/or Silver's future? I mean, the Adventure Time world had a few hidden portals and a TARDIS dock to go into the past, so I don't think it would be entirely impossible. Plus, it probably wouldn't be too hard to implement them into the Adventure World:

- Silver's time could be reached either through the TARDIS or a simple 'Back To The Future' vehicle dock, since it's just Sonic's future.
- The Sol Dimension, on the other hand, would most likely be accessed only with the TARDIS. (...Maybe a hidden portal, at the very least?)

Anyway, that was just a random thought I had. Having bought the game recently, I'm really interested to see how Sonic's world and level will turn out.

Possibly the TARDIS and DeLorean could take you back to Tikal's time or the Classic era as well? Maybe TARDIS can also access a world based on the comics/shows as a hidden portal (outside Sonic's world?) Arabian Nights? Maginaryworld? The sketchog world and Sonic the Hedge Dog?The possibilities are only limited by copyright.

Seeing Angel Island in Tikal's era could be an interesting bonus, though I kinda see it being more likely to appear in the level instead of the Adventure World. Then again, it mostly depends on what various levels they use to make the entire hub world. (If I recall, so far the confirmed zones are Green Hill, Labyrinth, Chemical Plant and Emerald Coast. I think Carnival Night might've been shown too? I'm not sure.)

The classic era is pretty much represented in the world's current time anyway, since they're already using a few classic zones. The only real possible difference would be seeing classic character designs, which I think would be harder to differenciate in LEGO form. Sonic himself might end up referencing certain alternate continuities (comics, Storybook games etc.) in his dialogue, but I doubt there'll be much else.

13 hours ago, Captain Metallix said:

Seeing Angel Island in Tikal's era could be an interesting bonus, though I kinda see it being more likely to appear in the level instead of the Adventure World. Then again, it mostly depends on what various levels they use to make the entire hub world. (If I recall, so far the confirmed zones are Green Hill, Labyrinth, Chemical Plant and Emerald Coast. I think Carnival Night might've been shown too? I'm not sure.)

The classic era is pretty much represented in the world's current time anyway, since they're already using a few classic zones. The only real possible difference would be seeing classic character designs, which I think would be harder to differenciate in LEGO form. Sonic himself might end up referencing certain alternate continuities (comics, Storybook games etc.) in his dialogue, but I doubt there'll be much else.

Classic Era would be more of seeing abandoned characters (at the very least Mecha Sonic and Egg Robo), and maybe pixelated textures. 

There's one extra detail I noticed from that showcase:

Around 2:31 in the video, Sonic is seen winding his arm up as a reticle appears on the screen. At first, I thought it might mean that he has a projectile attack. But thinking about it more, it might be a similar reticle attack to the one that Quicksilver and other speedy characters had in LEGO Avengers.

• Thumbs Up 2

Tails appearing to fly the Tornado is a great touch I wasn't expecting at all.  Looking forward to seeing more of its Crabmeat and Egg Catcher/Diablon modes, too.

Oh hey look, Shadow is the only other character in that screenshot that's smiling besides Sonic. 

That's how you know this isn't canon.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm kinda liking Knuckle's huge clawed hands of doom and Tails and Amy's "meh" expressions.

11 hours ago, Jango said:

Why LEGO Sonic is on a LEGO car?

And that's why LEGO Sonic Drift sucks!

In all seriousness though, the 18th can't come soon enough.

Not really.

Emerald Coast has been hinted at being in it along with maybe Death Egg and a couple of other zones.

We can't say for sure when the 18th comes around.

• Thumbs Up 3

26 minutes ago, Jango said:

Emerald Coast is on the front side of the packaging.

https://mobile.twitter.com/VG_figures/status/796118249834418176/photo/1

That pic's a bit eh, so here's a nice HD one (embeds a bit small, open image in a new tab to zoom and enhance):

71244_alt1.jpg

There's more HD pics of all the rebuilds here too, including this adorable crabmeat:

71244_alt7.jpg

d'awwww

• Thumbs Up 2

Damn, am I thinking about buying LEGO Dimensions just to play the Sonic Level Pack??!! Looks so cool, I wonder if all the levels are merged together like one HUGE open-world game (it would make sense, it's an island after all) or if there's some kind of portal connecting them (lame, but okay).