Awoo.

Sonic is Coming to Lego Dimensions "Gotta LeGo Fast!"

Badnik Mechanic

The adventure world is definitely gonna be a mashup of various zones, just like the DC and Doctor Who worlds. The level itself, though, seems to just be the different zones on their own. As for how the level progresses, it's most likely just a case of "reach the Goal Post" for each zone, followed by a cutscene/transition. What I'm curious about is how the Special Stages are gonna work. We see one at the end of Green Hill Zone in the recent showcases, but it's unclear whether-or-not there's certain criteria to be met before they appear, or if THEY are the transitions between zones, with the Special Stages breaking up the pace between them.

It also helps to know that they have already added arcade games In the past level packs 7 special zones could be a piece of cake for them.

which reminds me that there is something to be careful about the year 2  franchises is that their hub worlds/levels and battle arena  require a fair amount of data to install (the ghostbusters 2016 world took up to 6 or so GB's on my ps4)

so if you are planning on playing the sonic level pack on a wii-u then i'd recomend getting a sd card before hand.

34 minutes ago, kirby1up said:

It also helps to know that they have already added arcade games In the past level packs 7 special zones could be a piece of cake for them.

which reminds me that there is something to be careful about the year 2  franchises is that their hub worlds/levels and battle arena  require a fair amount of data to install (the ghostbusters 2016 world took up to 6 or so GB's on my ps4)

so if you are planning on playing the sonic level pack on a wii-u then i'd recomend getting a sd card before hand.

SD Cards don't hold game data on the Wii U. You need an external hard drive.

Good thing I have a 500 gig one connected to my Wii U, so I'm all good.

Yeah, that's what concerned me the most when I only had the PS3 version. There's simply no way I'd fit all that data in without getting rid of the other games I played on it. Shouldn't be a problem once I have the PS4 version, though.

(Luckily, the only DLC I downloaded on PS3 was the A-Team Pack, which simply contains the Adventure World and that's it.)

Not sure if this was brought up yet, but take a look at this screenshot.

uhel11fiazwx.png

Notice that Big-shaped icon on the bottom right? That means Big is the Citizen in Peril for the Sonic level. For those who don't know, for every level in Dimensions, there's a certain person that needs to be saved. For example, P.I.X.A.L for Ninjago or Paul Feig for Ghostbusters 2016. Looks like Big is gonna be one of them... fitting choice.

• Thumbs Up 3

Heh, should've guessed he'd be the CiP of the level. What are the chances he'll be found somewhere in Emerald Coast?

A look at the level one again, but this time we can actually hear the music. The level starts at 5:58 in the video.

Also a return of everyone's favourite phrase in Sonic games!

Spoiler'd

Spoiler

LONG TIME NO SEE

• Thumbs Up 8

Oh, shame... the music has pulled a "Simpsons". The music ain't Green Hill, but it's Green Hill-ish.

I don't mind the music for Green Hill Zone being different. I'm kinda tired of the original Green Hill Zone theme, so I think it's nice that they changed it up a bit.

Now, I'm hoping this is the last time Green Hill Zone is being reused (besides Sonic Mania, of course). I get it's the first level of the first Sonic game, but they really don't need to remind us of it all the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Oh, shame... the music has pulled a "Simpsons". The music ain't Green Hill, but it's Green Hill-ish.

I wonder if this will only be the case for level themes that were composed by Masato Nakamura..Unless all the levels will have this ( I hope not, Emerald Coast won't be the same otherwise).

Though I do like what I heard, it's not too bad. I hope we'll get some Richard Jacques's stuff, only because the two Sonic games TT worked on had him composing. Would be a neat reference to sneak in a something out of 3D Blast (Though what's stopping us from getting a Super Sonic Racing sound alike? :U ).

Just now, Alex2Beta said:

I wonder if this will only be the case for level themes that were composed by Masato Nakamura..Unless all the levels will have this ( I hope not, Emerald Coast won't be the same otherwise).

Though I do like what I heard, it's not too bad. I hope we'll get some Richard Jacques's stuff, only because the two Sonic games TT worked on had him composing. Would be a neat reference to sneak in a something out of 3D Blast (Though what's stopping us from getting a Super Sonic Racing sound alike? :U ).

I have a feeling this only applies to Classic Levels. After all, Eggman's theme from Adventure did play in the Ghostbusters Story Pack.

• Thumbs Up 2

speaking of story packs I wonder if any sonic related easter eggs could be hiding in the fantastic beasts story pack (imagine if some of the fantastic beasts you find turn out to be flickys)

sorry for a double post but more screens shots have come out (images provided by one of my main sources for lego dimension news/sale prices)

• Thumbs Up 9

wheres amy in this

She's definitely in the game, but most likely just a citizen that needs to be saved.

0464cda7e332879bd2d8171aeb3ed2fc.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Carnival Night? Wow, I didn't expect to see something outside of Gens or the oft-seen Sonic 1 and 2 levels. I'm sort of tempted to buy this Lego thing..

40 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Carnival Night? Wow, I didn't expect to see something outside of Gens or the oft-seen Sonic 1 and 2 levels. I'm sort of tempted to buy this Lego thing..

well black friday is coming up next week and there are some good lego dimensions sales going on (added a list of the sale prices in case anyone was interested)

Spoiler

Gamestop--(includes green arrow with purchase)

1. starter packs 50$ off (39.99 and 29.99)
  2. level packs 19.99$
  3. team packs 14.99$
  • no fun pack sales,story pack sales or marceline fun pack here

Toys R Us---(you can get marceline here)

1. starter packs (same as gamestop)
  2. level packs/team packs 50% off (14.99-12.49)
  3. fun packs 3 for $20 (best place to get the 3 new fun packs for the upcoming wave)
  • no story pack sales,no green arrow

best buy

1. starter pack (same as the lastt two)
  2. save up to 55% off all lego dimension products (...the fine print mentions a minimal sale price of 33%)
  • no green arrow or marceline, possible place to buy story packs at though its a gamble at the moment.

wallmart

1. starter pack at 39.00$
  2. level & and team packs $14.00 each
  • you can save 99 cents on starter packs and level packs :D (if you don't have a gamestop or toys r us this may be your best option outside of buying online)

target

1. starter *gunshots* (I think you know the starter pack sales by now)
  2. 10$ sale all Lego dimensions team,level and story packs on sale
  • so either target is taking 10$ off the normal price of non-fun packs or they are protecting your wallets from torment for one day.

• Thumbs Up 1

A gif of what appears to be a cutscene from the level pack! Background looks suspiciously like the Death Egg from Sonic 2 too...

• Thumbs Up 3

It's looking more and more like Eggman’s found a way to use Lord Vortech’s portals. I can't wait to play this!

(Oh, and in case anyone's curious, the level itself seems to actually be called 'Sonic Dimensions', if the recent update is anything to go by.)

• Thumbs Up 1

The name might be Sonic Dimensions, huh? Reminds me of a rumored game that turned out to be a hoax that was literally involved Sonic recolors.

Anyways, level pack looks really cool. Will probably never try it out, though, since I don't really have plans of picking Lego Dimensions, honestly. 

Hey UK SSMB.

Lego Dimensions starter packs have been reduced to £30 at several UK stores.