Awoo.

Sonic is Coming to Lego Dimensions "Gotta LeGo Fast!"

Badnik Mechanic

17 hours ago, Legendary Fusion Kahuna said:

Is it me, or did Knuckles sound weird? 

And Amy spoke with her Boom voice? that's a lot better than the other one she used till Lost World.

Either way HYPED!!!

He does sound more high-pitched.

At this point probably whole voice cast don't see much different between Boom and Main universe.

Just watched the cutscenes posted in the status updates.

Spoiler

I loved that they used Eggman's Adventure theme.

I thought all the Adventure stuff was pretty neat to see again. Tornado 2 was back, the music, Chaos, Big, Omochao. It was nice to see nowadays when the Classic and Boost eras are getting the most attention.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 11/16/2016 at 9:02 PM, Lord-Dreamerz said:

At first I didn't know what you were referring to since I was just talking about if LEGO ever did full collectable sets and not anything the LEGO dimensions game was doing... but then I looked at the wiki for the game... Is this really the whole list of Sonic characters that appears in the game?

Hide contents

Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Amy
Doctor Eggman
Omochao
Shadow the Hedgehog
Big the Cat

I'm kinda disappointed if so... because I thought I read somewhere there would be 20 characters that'd cameo... not 6 and a half. :Y

Those are the characters that appear in the story. The Adventure World might have more characters standing around you can talk to.

It is weird they included Big.

47 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

Those are the characters that appear in the story. The Adventure World might have more characters standing around you can talk to.

It is weird they included Big.

As I already said in my other post I watched videos of the adventure world along with everything else and I didn't see a single other character.

Spoiler

So..is Silver Sonic's official name Robo-Sonic now...I'm so confused. It was great to see the older models in a new game again tho. Would have rather it was in a full fledged Sonic game but beggars can't be choosers.

Silver Sonic was never its official name to begin with, it was another Mecha Sonic. With the Mecha Sonic from S3&K more famously having that moniker, I guess they changed it here to avoid having two characters with the same name.

Spoiler

In the Japanese media it was Mecha Sonic yes, yet a version of it did get the Silver Sonic name in the English manual for Sonic 2 on Master System. Also Archie seems to be able to use the Silver Sonic name for that particular model in the comics too and has used it for some time, even back to the old Sonic Quest comics if I am remembering rightly, and said comics are run past Sega too (tho I'm sure it's debatable just how well versed the Sega staff that are in charge of checking over the comics are).

Your more than likely right on the money, I just found it odd they would create a new title for it when Silver Sonic seems to be the name that's been used amongst the fan base and in the comics for a good while now. Especially when this Lego Sonic stuff was more than likely handled by the western branch of Sega and probably had little involvement from Sega Japan.

The "Silver Sonic" in the Mega Drive version and the Silver Sonic in the Master System version are clearly different robots though, so SoA likely don't equate the two as being the same. 

Sonic Team seems to have at least had a hand in overseeing what went on even if SoA had their fun, so they likely supervised things like what it should be called. And to that end, they'll go by what the Japanese side has since that's their point of reference, it might have been renamed that for years without us knowing and what the fanbase and comic call it are irrelevant to them.

Favorite parts were definitely the past Metals showing up (Especially LOVE how derpily simple Robo Sonic looks as a LEGO. XD), the elemental gimmick of the Chaos boss fight, and of course, Knux's gun confiscation. (My favorite part of THAT was how he had to take off his giant glove to hold it. XD) Definitely one of the more fun Level Pack stories I've seen for this game and absolutely cannot wait to pick this up eventually!

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't care for Lego Dimensions. I never wanted Lego Dimensions.

I really, really want this. Those guys did their research. Kudos to them.

Let's be honest-- TT has been involved with the Sonic series and are thus likely very fond of it (I think some of the people who worked on R and 3D Blast are still with the company), so they were more than qualified to get things right.

Probably going to pick this up in a day or two and see what all the fuss is about.

8 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

(I think some of the people who worked on R and 3D Blast are still with the company), so they were more than qualified to get things right.

Since I had an interview with Jimmy at gamescom, I can confirm this. If I remember correctly he told me that it's still almost the entire team from Sonic R.

• Thumbs Up 8

Holy shiz,

Spoiler

when doing Knuckles' quest, HE SINGS THE LYRICS FROM THE SA2 LEVELS AND EVEN HIS OWN THEME SONG.

2:47.

That humor, man. It's almost like this game was writen by Aaron.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy Crap! is it just me, or did some of the voice actors (& Actresses) massively improve since the last time we heard them? Knuckles doesn't sound like an idiot anymore, Amy's voice is more in tune with her Boom voice (THANK GOD!!!!!!) & Even Sonic sounds a bit more like Sonic then he did in previous games. if these are the voices were going to hear in Project Sonic 2017, i'll be very pleased. (Though Shadow still sucks & Big just sounds too dopey for me.)

• Thumbs Up 1

To 100% the pack, we need other characters (which is fine basically), but also the PS4-exclusive Supergirl which isn't available via Hire-A-Hero.

They can't be serious. <-<

1 hour ago, Ruki185 said:

To 100% the pack, we need other characters (which is fine basically), but also the PS4-exclusive Supergirl which isn't available via Hire-A-Hero.

The use of other IP characters is nothing new for LEGO Dimensions. I do think that the story level you get in each pack should be entirely designed for the characters of that franchise while still giving the player the ability to bring in anyone else if they so wish.

Are you absolutely sure Supergirl is a requirement? Or at least, that you don't have alternatives other than her? Most things like crawl spaces, hacking terminals etc have at least a few characters you can use. Considering how limited Supergirl is, I'll be really shocked if she's absolutely necessary.

sighs* it had to be the sonic level they did this on.

1 hour ago, Ruki185 said:

1 minute ago, Joy said:

Are you absolutely sure Supergirl is a requirement? Or at least, that you don't have alternatives other than her? 

just found the area myself to quote the ? cube it says

" only characters with the LEGO Construct Building Powers like (insert picture of supergirl) can use Construct Interaction Spots like these."  

with the lack of any other lantern wielders one could assume that it specifically means supergirl is the only one that can do construct areas.however I get the feeling there's three other characters that can use construct powers already confirmed for the game...

granted I can be wrong and supergirl is the only construct wielding character in the game but it just seems like it would hurt their business more then it would generate profit.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, kirby1up said:

sighs* it had to be the sonic level they did this on.

just found the area myself to quote the ? cube it says

" only characters with the LEGO Construct Building Powers like (insert picture of supergirl) can use Construct Interaction Spots like these."  

with the lack of any other lantern wielders one could assume that it specifically means supergirl is the only one that can do construct areas.however I get the feeling there's three other characters that can use construct powers already confirmed for the game...

Ah bummer, I think it's already happened in the game as well. I think Emmet is the only one that can drill through those cracked walls and those turn up in the Doctor Who & Portal packs too.

The major sin here is not having Supergirl available in the rent-a-hero. It doesn't solve the overall problem but that function is at least a decent enough occasional workaround.

11 minutes ago, Joy said:

Ah bummer, I think it's already happened in the game as well. I think Emmet is the only one that can drill through those cracked walls and those turn up in the Doctor Who & Portal packs too.

The major sin here is not having Supergirl available in the rent-a-hero. It doesn't solve the overall problem but that function is at least a decent enough occasional workaround.

Actually, there are at least a couple of choices for the Drill ability (Emmet, Bane's vehicle, or Jake). It's still not much, but it's better than it being exclusive to just one character.

As for Supergirl, I remember hearing that she'll be PS4 Starter-exclusive until late March, when she'll become available via Hire-A-Hero (but no word on a separate physical release.)

Regarding the supergirl thing:

I ... umm ... managed to get through there somehow. I 'simply' glitched out of bounds. Not intentional though.

Couldn't exactly describe how this happened. Both of my vehicles spawned, I noticed that the Tornado was going slightly out of bounds, hopped into it and then I was out of bounds. It's not a big deal to get there in Marble Zone, but I couldn't do it again in Lost Labyrinth.

Also I'm like REALLY close to 100%ing this, but I still need a few characters (at least Slimer and Harry Potter). And this is freaking painful for me, I like to have my Sonic games at 100%. Only 5 golden blocks and 1 construction left. ; _ ;

• Thumbs Up 2

Agh. God. I usually stay away from games where you have to buy toys to accommodate it but everything I'm seeing here is making one hell of an irresistible argument.