Awoo.

Sonic is Coming to Lego Dimensions "Gotta LeGo Fast!"

Badnik Mechanic

Okay yeah that one's pretty blatantly Sonic, I can't think of anything else that does big floating gold rings like that.

• Thumbs Up 7

While the floating, rotating gold ring is definitely a clear sign, the area Gollum's in doesn't really scream 'Sonic' to me. Any ideas on where it might be (assuming it's not just some generic cave)?

Let me direct your attention to the video's description:

"When it comes to rings, you don't get in Gollum's way. Unless you're the new guy on the block!"

That seals it. It's Sonic. It's gotta be Sonic. IT'S HAPPENING, PEOPLE. I'M BUYING THIS GAME.

• Thumbs Up 9

Guarantee you that sequence will end with Golum only just touching the ring, there's a flash of blue and we cut to Sonic... Eating it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, in that case...

YEEESSS!!! This is amazing!

13 minutes ago, Captain Metallix said:

While the floating, rotating gold ring is definitely a clear sign, the area Gollum's in doesn't really scream 'Sonic' to me. Any ideas on where it might be (assuming it's not just some generic cave)?

The thing is, having it based on an area that's Sonic related would make it way too blatantly obvious. Its ALREADY obvious enough. The cave is probably Gollum's cave, and Sonic will run in and swipe the ring.

And yeah, this seals the deal for me. I'm definitely getting LEGO Dimensions this year. But I'm only buying the characters I want.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thought, what if the orange arm in the other image is Tails? Tails seem like an obvious team up... although hopefully we'd get Sonic, Tails, Amy, Eggman, and Knuckles

Oh god please let there be a techno babble banter scene between Eggman and Doctor Who!

• Thumbs Up 8

After all these years. We're finally getting Sonic the Hedgehog.

In LEGO form.

hqdefault.jpg

I'm so getting that set/starter pack. Don't even care about the game itself, I just need that set. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I want... No...

I DEMAND to see Sonic zip past, snatch the ring, and spout "MY precious!!" before running off, leaving the poor bastard standing with his hand outstretched and twitching an eye...

"I hates that hedgehog!! I hates it!!"

• Thumbs Up 6

53 minutes ago, Captain Metallix said:

Pyramid Cave? Red Mountain? Pumpkin Hill?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Miru said:

Lava Reef...?

49 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Thought, what if the orange arm in the other image is Tails? Tails seem like an obvious team up... although hopefully we'd get Sonic, Tails, Amy, Eggman, and Knuckles

If we get more than one character I'd be shocked if Shadow wasn't in there. Eggman could end up being a boss... I guess he could be playable, too, but I'm not exactly sure how he'd work... he'd definitely be in the game in some way, though.

Just now, JaidynReiman said:

If we get more than one character I'd be shocked if Shadow wasn't in there. Eggman could end up being a boss... I guess he could be playable, too, but I'm not exactly sure how he'd work... he'd definitely be in the game in some way, though.

Wicked Witch, Joker, and Gollum already are. He'd be a minifig with hair and maybe googles pieces, along with an Eggmobile(that perhaps turned into the eggwheeler

1 minute ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Wicked Witch, Joker, and Gollum already are. He'd be a minifig with hair and maybe googles pieces, along with an Eggmobile(that perhaps turned into the eggwheeler

Oh, that's not why I'm iffy on Eggman. I just don't see how he works without a mech is all. Eggmobile is a definite possibility for a vehicle, but Eggman without is... iffy to me. I just don't know how that'd work.

1 minute ago, JaidynReiman said:

Oh, that's not why I'm iffy on Eggman. I just don't see how he works without a mech is all. Eggmobile is a definite possibility for a vehicle, but Eggman without is... iffy to me. I just don't know how that'd work.

Hack, Remote control, repair, etc abilities are fine, he's been shown running around plenty of times, and he's been shown with blasters. He's no harder than Doc Brown

4 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

Eggman can have a transforming vehicle like the gamer kid in the midway arcade world.

22 minutes ago, Miru said:

It's probably just from another place; the teaser with Gizmo was based in the Adventure Time world, for instance. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I am so glad this is happening! Like, you would not believe my excitement.

Finally, the Sonic/Ninjago/Doctor Who crossover nobody asked for is happening! :P And I am psyched!

What makes me skeptical is this means SEGA is actually doing something relevant with Sonic, after attempting to cover the whole BOOM fiasco up with the "it was for kids" excuse.

This is far more relevant to kids than BOOM has been thus far, as BOOM feels/looks more centered to a 20's-middle aged market, and if this is truly the case, I am legitly pleased by this, as it's finally doing something right for kids.