Awoo.

Sonic is Coming to Lego Dimensions "Gotta LeGo Fast!"

Badnik Mechanic

3 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Missed opportunity if Knuckles doesn't appear with his lego feet.

Bunny Rabbot would look cool in a LEGO world.

12 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

This is far more relevant to kids than BOOM has been thus far, as BOOM feels/looks more centered to a 20's-middle aged market, and if this is truly the case, I am legitly pleased by this, as it's finally doing something right for kids.

How? The Boom franchise is definitely one of the last things I think a standard twenty-something year old would be interested in.

I mean, classic Sonic stuff I could probably understand, but Sonic Boom? No.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope we get to see some scrapped and satam/Archie characters in this, because it is obstensibley based on the western branch of Sega. 

3 hours ago, Clewis said:

How? The Boom franchise is definitely one of the last things I think a standard twenty-something year old would be interested in.

I mean, classic Sonic stuff I could probably understand, but Sonic Boom? No.

I dunno... It's something I always felt more suitable for a 20-middle aged market, while putting on a sort of mask in an attempt to prove itself otherwise. Being honest, when I think about Sonic BOOM using that mindset, the series... Actually makes more sense to me, and makes it something I can appreciate in an odd way, but whenever the thought of it being made for kids runs through my mind, more often than not it just causes rage.

So something like this, seeing Sonic in the LEGO franchise, it's just so much more befitting of the demographic they claimed BOOM to be catered towards. These are the kinds of things I'd like to see SEGA do far more often, rather than everything in BOOM which is best for older audiences in my opinion thanks to how laid back and casual, more slice of life it is. BOOM is something old folks can easily slip into, while something like Sonic in LEGO is certainly more kid centric in comparison.

I do have an example... My two sisters. One twelve, the other six. The twelve year old prefers the type of Sonic in Unleashed and X, and she, even in her young age, point out BOOM as too boring for her, while the six year old, when BOOM is on, simply ignores it even when coaxed into trying to watch it, yet she watches Adventures of Sonic without an issue.

Wait so this is official?? If so 1 I'm SUPER excited and 2 this will most likely have something to do with the 25th anniversary. 

3 hours ago, The Chairman Of The Board said:

Wait so this is official?? If so 1 I'm SUPER excited and 2 this will most likely have something to do with the 25th anniversary. 

Yes... And no... Sort of... But not yet...

90% is what I'd say.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's been a huge list of "leaked" franchises coming to LEGO Dimensions. About half of them just got official leaked entries on Amazon Spain. Sonic is one of the ones in the leaked list (he's not in the Amazon Spain leaks, though).

And the teases revealed today (its still today for me, yesterday for some people in the UK now) practically confirmed Sonic by talking about a character who likes rings more than Golum.

Another tease also seemed like it could've been referencing Sonic by saying "Took you long enough", though that could be referencing more things. But the Gollum one was clearly referencing Sonic.

3 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

There's been a huge list of "leaked" franchises coming to LEGO Dimensions. About half of them just got official leaked entries on Amazon Spain. Sonic is one of the ones in the leaked list (he's not in the Amazon Spain leaks, though).

And the teases revealed today (its still today for me, yesterday for some people in the UK now) practically confirmed Sonic by talking about a character who likes rings more than Golum.

Another tease also seemed like it could've been referencing Sonic by saying "Took you long enough", though that could be referencing more things. But the Gollum one was clearly referencing Sonic.

I read a comment on TSSZ talking about a SEGA executive blowing a gasket over Sonic being multi-platform again.

I gotta say, this the best news we've gotten in years despite how the execs may feel! Dear lawdy I want this confirmed already.

I hope we get a Lego Shadow at some point.

He's my favorite character hhhh

Well, looks like my wallet's gonna be flooding the room with tears, because I am sold.

1 minute ago, TCB said:

VwTAHU4h.jpg

Honestly, kinda looks like what you'd expect when you google Lego Sonic minifig. Still very excited to get him this fall though.

Well, I'm glad those "leaked" pics turned out to be fake. I mean, could you imagine stepping on something like this?

KyDCfC7.jpg

You'd probably end up in the emergency room.

• Thumbs Up 4

I am relatively new to Lego Dimensions but I will probably buy the figure just to have at my desk in work :D

What would Sonic's vehicle in the game be? Don't they come with two? And I'd imagine they'd make him his own level. GHZ maybe? 

6 minutes ago, Terriful said:

What would Sonic's vehicle in the game be? Don't they come with two? And I'd imagine they'd make him his own level. GHZ maybe? 

Either his All Stars Racing car or the red one from Sonic Drift. 

5 minutes ago, Terriful said:

Ckgw5QZWgAAtS6i.jpg

Looking closely next to Voldermort..Is that the Tornado?

Also, wow, this has been the most exciting thing with Sonic this year (for me) so far, but can't complain - friggin' LEGO Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

Either his All Stars Racing car or the red one from Sonic Drift. 

1 minute ago, Alex2Beta said:

Ckgw5QZWgAAtS6i.jpg

Looking closely next to Voldermort..Is that the Tornado?

Or I'm wrong lol

• Thumbs Up 1

So... Now that it is official, what can we expect? I have never seen Lego Dimensions before, and I don't know what it actually is about. Does the gameplay vary from character to character?

EDIT: How does the toys thing work, can I buy just the Sonic Set or do I have to buy others to play with Sonic for story purposes?

this looks stupid

as stupid as a funko pop figure

you can't just shove cartoon characters with wildly different constructions and proportions into a lego body

bah