Jump to content
Badnik Mechanic

Sonic is Coming to Lego Dimensions "Gotta LeGo Fast!"

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Missed opportunity if Knuckles doesn't appear with his lego feet.

I'll be disappointed if they don't make any LEGO jokes about Knuckles shoes at all.

On a side note, I'm worried that the only Sonic related content in this game will only be Sonic himself and maybe the Tornado that was possibly shown on the banner.

What are the chances of having a Sonic level in the story with characters and VAs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of the loop, what is LEGO Dimensions? For what I can tell, basically ANYTHING can become LEGO now?! From real life people to movie and video game characters OMG. Also, what's the game about? Open world?

Is there gonna be a LEGO Friends?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly would be kinda surprised if Sonic didn't get a Fun and Team pack alongside a level pack. Heck, I could see a Team pack with Eggman and Knuckles... although oddly enough I kinda see Amy as a high priority to get in(and a chunk of her moveset could just be borrowed from Harley Quinn)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Destructo-Dude said:

What are the chances of having a Sonic level in the story with characters and VAs?

In the main campaign? Zilch, seeing as it's already done and dusted (unless Sonic comes in a Story Pack, but those seem reserved for upcoming movies like Ghostbusters and Fantastic Beasts). The chances of a standalone Sonic level though are quite high, and there'll be a Sonic themed Adventure World to play about in at least. Most other characters have VAs so I'm sure Sonic will too.

12 minutes ago, Jango said:

Out of the loop, what is LEGO Dimensions? For what I can tell, basically ANYTHING can become LEGO now?! From real life people to movie and video game characters OMG. Also, what's the game about? Open world?

Is there gonna be a LEGO Friends?

LEGO Dimensions is a toys-to-life crossover game which is basically an excuse to throw loads of famous franchises together in one massive LEGO game. There's a story about Gandalf, Wyldstyle and Batman saving the world from Lord Vortech but it's just something to tie all the worlds together really. Anything and everything is fair game for inclusion, as long as it can be transferred into LEGO form, which doesn't seem to be much of a limiting factor considering some of the additions so far.

It plays pretty much exactly like any other LEGO game, except with brief novelty gameplay mechanics that involve moving the figures around on the interactive Toy Pad like chess pieces, sort of. Nothing too wild or taxing. The Adventure Worlds are pretty open-ended though and you can explore them as you want, open world style.

10 minutes ago, Sonic's Number 1 Fan said:

Oh shick, I just thought about this! Would you be able to use the Sonic amiibo with Dimensions and Vise-versa?

Nope, you can only use the actual LEGO Sonic mini-figure that will come as part of the Sonic pack. That one figure can be transferred across all the different versions of the game, however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks pretty awesome all around!  I wasn't really planning on getting Lego Dimensions, but the trailer has actually kind of sold me, with or without Sonic.

Sonic looks pretty much as I expected him to.  Doesn't really bother me that he doesn't really look that great in the style.  Lego's never really been known for its rich character designs.  I do wish that all these IP's could come together in a way that wasn't just a texture swap Lego thing, but I'll live.  Besides, at least it's not Mega Blocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doctor MK said:

In the main campaign? Zilch, seeing as it's already done and dusted (unless Sonic comes in a Story Pack, but those seem reserved for upcoming movies like Ghostbusters and Fantastic Beasts). The chances of a standalone Sonic level though are quite high, and there'll be a Sonic themed Adventure World to play about in at least. Most other characters have VAs so I'm sure Sonic will too.

I thought they said that there will be another main campaign with Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle, though. If there is, then I'm sure that Sonic’s world will likely be one that they visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is pretty neat!

Looks like I might have to pick the sets, I'm not entirely sure if I want to buy the game just to try out the Sonic-related stuff (yeah, I know. I pre-order Fire & Ice just fine but buying a game just to try out Sonic in Dimensions, is going too far).Probably will just see videos on it.

So yeah, this is pretty cool to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently asked Ian Flynn (Writer of the Sonic Comics) an interesting question.

It's not a confirmation, but it could....COULD be possible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Metallix said:

I thought they said that there will be another main campaign with Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle, though. If there is, then I'm sure that Sonic’s world will likely be one that they visit.

Got a link? I don't remember seeing that at all. You can take the new characters into the old levels and story, for sure, but I wouldn't have thought they'd come up with a whole second campaign just because they're adding some new franchises. Would be great, but I'm pretty sure they'd sell it as a separate game if they were going to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ayliffe said:

So, according to someone on eurobricks the Sonic pack is actually gonna be a level pack.  As always I'd take this with a pinch of salt, but a level pack makes the most logical sense to me personally. I guess we'll find out at E3, huh?

I'm mixed. I think we could get a Level or Team pack. Either way, I don't think we'd only get Sonic. Most of these have a lot more expansions to them. Of these new franchises being added, though, there's only a limited number that have enough characters and are popular enough where they might get more than just a single character and Level. Sonic is one of them.

If we get a Level Pack, I think we'd also get a Team Pack with Tails and Knuckles, and maybe a Fun Pack (or two) with Shadow or Eggman (I kinda doubt Amy would be a Fun Pack (maybe as part of a Team Pack). If they want to keep it as limited as possible, I could see it just being Level Pack with Sonic, Team Pack with Tails and Knuckles, Fun Pack with Shadow, and Eggman would be a part of the Level Pack. Amy and Cream would be NPC's on the Adventure world.

If they add more than this, though, yeah, I could see us getting Eggman and Amy, too.

 

On another note, if they did do a Level Pack with Sonic and a Team Pack that featured Tails later, I think that the vehicle with Tails could be his walker, since the Tornado (being the most iconic Sonic vehicle) would definitely go with Sonic. Although I was thinking it could be neat if the Tornado could be turned into the walker, I don't know how they could handle that, it'd probably be best to keep them separate.

 

Granted, Sonic has dropped in popularity over the years, but I'm pretty sure he's currently the best selling video game franchise that's in LEGO Dimensions. That says a lot. I doubt they'd get the Sonic license and not capitalize on it with more content.

 

And yeah, there's Harry Potter as well. Harry Potter is huge, and I'm sure they'd add a lot more for that, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

I'm mixed. I think we could get a Level or Team pack. Either way, I don't think we'd only get Sonic. Most of these have a lot more expansions to them. Of these new franchises being added, though, there's only a limited number that have enough characters and are popular enough where they might get more than just a single character and Level. Sonic is one of them.

If we get a Level Pack, I think we'd also get a Team Pack with Tails and Knuckles, and maybe a Fun Pack (or two) with Shadow or Eggman (I kinda doubt Amy would be a Fun Pack (maybe as part of a Team Pack). If they want to keep it as limited as possible, I could see it just being Level Pack with Sonic, Team Pack with Tails and Knuckles, Fun Pack with Shadow, and Eggman would be a part of the Level Pack. Amy and Cream would be NPC's on the Adventure world.

If they add more than this, though, yeah, I could see us getting Eggman and Amy, too.

 

On another note, if they did do a Level Pack with Sonic and a Team Pack that featured Tails later, I think that the vehicle with Tails could be his walker, since the Tornado (being the most iconic Sonic vehicle) would definitely go with Sonic. Although I was thinking it could be neat if the Tornado could be turned into the walker, I don't know how they could handle that, it'd probably be best to keep them separate.

 

Granted, Sonic has dropped in popularity over the years, but I'm pretty sure he's currently the best selling video game franchise that's in LEGO Dimensions. That says a lot. I doubt they'd get the Sonic license and not capitalize on it with more content.

 

And yeah, there's Harry Potter as well. Harry Potter is huge, and I'm sure they'd add a lot more for that, too.

Keep in mind SEGA follows Solo-Sonic religiously, BOOM finding itself the only "blessed" content in years.

Don't get your hopes up on anyone but Sonic.

Even Mr. Webber confirmed they've little interest in other characters until they get Sonic going right again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Doctor MK said:

Got a link? I don't remember seeing that at all. You can take the new characters into the old levels and story, for sure, but I wouldn't have thought they'd come up with a whole second campaign just because they're adding some new franchises. Would be great, but I'm pretty sure they'd sell it as a separate game if they were going to do that.

There's a press release talking about the original plot being expanded... but on closer inspection, it looks like the story may only be continuing via the Story Packs:

Quote

Story Packs also expand the Starter Pack story with deeper gameplay. In the game’s storyline, the evil Lord Vortech has hidden portions of his powers around the LEGO Multiverse. As players progress through Story Pack levels, they can unearth and tap into Keystone Runes to use Lord Vortech’s powers against him through all-new Toy Pad modes.

http://www.slashfilm.com/lego-dimensions-expansions-trailer/

Kinda disappointing to me, but oh well. In any case, my mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Do Sonic Dash, Sonic Jump and Sonic Runners not count? The one where you can play as Mephiles and Tikal? 

You know very well I'm not including spin-off's in that statement which is why you came with that response.

I'm speaking purely of main series titles, not cheap side titles, (one of which a canned failure.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

You know very well I'm not including spin-off's in that statement which is why you came with that response.

I'm speaking purely of main series titles, not cheap side titles, (one of which a canned failure.)

Lego Dimensions isn't a main Sonic title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gambling Idol Luka said:

Lego Dimensions isn't a main Sonic title.

But it IS an actual console game, and multi-console at that, this being why it's doubtable anyone other than Sonic will be granted spotlight.

Possible sure, but highly, highly doubtable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

You know very well I'm not including spin-off's in that statement which is why you came with that response.

I'm speaking purely of main series titles, not cheap side titles, (one of which a canned failure.)

Okay but you acknowledge that recent spinoffs have included characters other than Sonic, right?

What do you think a Sonic pack for a Lego game is closer to being, mainstream Sonic or spinoff Sonic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Okay but you acknowledge that recent spinoffs have included characters other than Sonic, right?

What do you think a Sonic pack for a Lego game is closer to being, mainstream Sonic or spinoff Sonic?

Yes, but none important to the evolution of the future of the franchise on CONSOLES is my point.

Being a main title or spin-off on consoles, the fact remains when it comes to bigger games by and large it has been Sonic only no matter where the franchise has appeared. Other characters get an appearance, but that's as far as it has gone save for BOOM.

Multiple characters appear on mobiles because it require little to no effort to implement them, while console wise there's reasons expected, purposes and such. What passes on mobiles doesn't necessarily pass on consoles/handhelds.

Therein lying the reason I'm expecting solo-Sonic in this deal as well. More characters would be nice, but SEGA's made it clear they want to fix Sonic and his image first and foremost before the others regain focus. Bad? No. Irritating? Perhaps. But hopefully worth the wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.