Awoo.

Sonic is Coming to Lego Dimensions "Gotta LeGo Fast!"

Badnik Mechanic

5 hours ago, sansy said:

So does that mean there's going to be missions with Sonic involved?

Well, lemme explain.

Every brand gets an open world known as an Adventure World. That means if you have any character from said franchise, you can access a world where you can do missions, explore and will now contain a battle arena if you're a Year 2 character. So no matter pack you get, whether it's a Fun Pack, Team Pack or Level Pack, you will have access to an Adventure World.

A Level Pack provides access to a proper level in addition to the Adventure World.

• Thumbs Up 1

If we do get any more Sonic LEGO characters I can't imagine them picking anybody other then Eggman, Tails, Knuckles & Amy, which is the exact same cast SEGA focus on themselves... As much as I would like too see Metal-Sonic/Blaze and some others... I extremely doubt they'll pick any... and just because Shadow is popular somewhat with the Sonic fanbase, I can't see them even picking him either honestly.

there is something i will note about lego dimensions is that the levels have a knack for random easter eggs every so often such as one of the tardis location in the simpsons lvl pack 

or one of the rift portals sending a half life 1 icon down some stairs to take out some sentrys in one of the portal lvls

so its plausible that sonic related stuff could randomly show up in different lvls outside of a lvl pack or adventure world

and the 2016 ghostbuster story pack includes a new game function "Rip"  allowing you to go to "alternate universes" that effect the primary universe your currently in

so yes its also possible that the sonic boom universe could get a small closed off area to itself because of its cartoon network connection 

only other thing i'll bring up is that travelers tale developed sonic 3d blast AND sonic R meaning we can get this

....but we could also see...it return...

latest?cb=20080616115503

10 minutes ago, kirby1up said:

or one of the rift portals sending a half life 1 icon down some stairs to take out some sentrys in one of the portal lvls

Actually, that's just an arcade coin with a "1" on it, presumably from the Midway Arcade dimension. There might have been some other Half-Life secrets in the Portal levels, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

If we do get any more Sonic LEGO characters I can't imagine them picking anybody other then Eggman, Tails, Knuckles & Amy, which is the exact same cast SEGA focus on themselves... As much as I would like too see Metal-Sonic/Blaze and some others... I extremely doubt they'll pick any... and just because Shadow is popular somewhat with the Sonic fanbase, I can't see them even picking him either honestly.

I really don't think Shadow is as popular nowadays as people make him out to be, I'd go so far as to say he's nonexistent within the fan base in comparison to years past save for gay shipping basically, but that's about it for Shadow presently from what I've seen.

It was great seeing him in BOOM, but it certainly doesn't seem to have made the impression they were hoping for. Irrelevancy happens when you forsake all of your characters save Sonic, Tails, and Eggman for so many years.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whether we get other Sonic characters in playable form or not, it's almost a guarantee that we'll at least see some of them in the Sonic level and respective Adventure World.

I'm sure the likes of Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Eggman, etc. will show up in some form to give you missions or serve as boss characters. So we'll get to see how they look in LEGO form at the very least, even if we can't physically buy them and play as them. I'd have put Tails down as a likely candidate for a Fun/Team Pack but if Sonic is getting the Tornado as his vehicle then I dunno what he could have instead (I mean, I know it's technically Sonic's plane but when has ever really driven it himself, excluding Tails-only playthroughs of classic games?). Shadow would probably be too similar gameplay-wise to Sonic, although he's maybe more likely because he could have a motorbike or something. Eggman would be the most interesting choice with the most potential, but who knows. As far as we're concerned at this point we're getting the one Sonic pack and that's it.

As for whether characters from the comics will get in? Basically zero chance. Admittedly, LEGO games do tend to do their homework and make a lot of obscure references, but considering Sonic is going to be one very tiny portion of this massive game, they're going to want to focus on the stuff that people know and is actually a part of the game universe. At most they'll get a brief cameo or easter egg or something, but that's the absolute best you can probably hope for.

• Thumbs Up 7

On 6/14/2016 at 2:49 PM, Detective Hogfather said:

Who's that handsome man in the blue shirt? ;-)

• Thumbs Up 5

11 minutes ago, Jason the Jackass said:

Who's that handsome man in the blue shirt? ;-)

Kinda looks like that guy from that SEGA Central thing.

So, a couple of interesting tweets from Mark Warburton, one of the producers for Dimensions at TT Games...

So yeah, maybe we'll get a teaser of some kind tomorrow. Hooray?

• Thumbs Up 7

pFsHbDh.png

Aw man, no playable Tails... that's a real shame. But that pretty much confirms that the Tornado is Sonic's and not for another character.

If there is another playable character, it would probably be Eggman then (which is the best choice anyway!). I don't see why anyone else would take precedence over Tails.

• Thumbs Up 2

Huh, well that's a little disappointing. I get the feeling that Sonic will probably just get a Fun Pack with him and the Tornado now.

The badnik comment does make me wonder if Eggman's still a potential candidate, however.

Part of me thinks it isn't above them to use like classic Sonic as another playable character, but I hope it's Eggman if it is.  A shame there's no Tails, but maybe we can get DLC for him.

I doubt they'll use another Sonic as a seperate character. Lego Dimensions has been quite good at avoiding duplicate characters (outside of having both DC Batman and Lego Movie Batman in the game).

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Captain Metallix said:

I doubt they'll use another Sonic as a seperate character. Lego Dimensions has been quite good at avoiding duplicate characters (outside of having both DC Batman and Lego Movie Batman in the game).

and keep in mind that one batman is mostly the normal batman. and the other one well...

classic and boom sonic would if anything be alternate playable versions of modern sonic In Game,but until they decide otherwise i doubt many figures will get doubles

• Thumbs Up 1

I really would like to get into the game. But LD just screams huge cash grab to me since pretty much everything requires you to buy different packs and levels. On top of the 70 dollar game. But I guess that is just something young people enjoy these days. Lol I miss the times before dlc and add-ons. Bleh getting older sucks sometimes.

30 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I really would like to get into the game. But LD just screams huge cash grab to me since pretty much everything requires you to buy different packs and levels. On top of the 70 dollar game. But I guess that is just something young people enjoy these days. Lol I miss the times before dlc and add-ons. Bleh getting older sucks sometimes.

well here's my personal reasoning for geting lego dimensions stuff boils down to a few things

• franchises
  1. they were franchises that i either loved (ninjago,portal,lego movie,scooby-doo,back to the future)
  2. franchises i would like to get into (doctor who,ghostbusters,jurassic park)
  3. or franchises i would at least give a mutual respect towards (simpsons,legends of chima,lord of the rings)
  • average price of a lego brick in 2016
  1. to be perfectly honest when it comes to lego some sets cost a lot based on the bricks included in the set.with licensed sets being the worst offenders of this unspoken rule
  2. the fun packs consisted of a minifigure (some of which could be as pricey as 10 alone on some brick sites )
  3. the mini builds have some neat smaller bricks that could be used for Moc builds
  4. to be perfectly honest i'd argue the price of the starter pack without the bricks and figures would be about 45$ for the game and base itself
  • in game content
  1. a fair amount of the characters have unique quirks for how they go about smashing objects,walking/running around animations as well as their random mentions of the other characters every so often (compared to getting generic shield/hydra agents that all have the same pose and blaster. that could also have been wasting space for other characters that could have been added instead .-.)
  2. the hub worlds though small sized do have enough in them to make them worth exploring and it only requires one franchise character to explore it.
  3. the vehicle customization options are fun to tinker with and sometimes has fun skins referencing other stuff (for example the tornado will likely have a reskin for the blue tornado design from sonic adventure 1 (could even rebuild into the mech form in sonic adventure 2 for all we know))
  4. the starter pack has 25 total lvls which is roughly the norm for lego games lvl amounts by default now adays

in any case the one thing i will say for sure though is if you don't agree with the price average price the packs are currently at but would like to get into lego dimensions.

then hoard up some lego dimensions spending money on the side wait for them to do a huge sale including the starter pack.then get into lego dimensions.I got most of my collection so far because of a gamestop 1/2 sale that saved me 150$ overall and for anyone only interested in the lego figure i recommend you wait for a good sale to get the pack because toys to life figures sometimes have a knack for getting sales quickly after release.

well i hope this helps anyone thats having trouble deciding. ~signed kirby1up

1 hour ago, kirby1up said:

well here's my personal reasoning for geting lego dimensions stuff boils down to a few things

• franchises
  1. they were franchises that i either loved (ninjago,portal,lego movie,scooby-doo,back to the future)
  2. franchises i would like to get into (doctor who,ghostbusters,jurassic park)
  3. or franchises i would at least give a mutual respect towards (simpsons,legends of chima,lord of the rings)
  • average price of a lego brick in 2016
  1. to be perfectly honest when it comes to lego some sets cost a lot based on the bricks included in the set.with licensed sets being the worst offenders of this unspoken rule
  2. the fun packs consisted of a minifigure (some of which could be as pricey as 10 alone on some brick sites )
  3. the mini builds have some neat smaller bricks that could be used for Moc builds
  4. to be perfectly honest i'd argue the price of the starter pack without the bricks and figures would be about 45$ for the game and base itself
  • in game content
  1. a fair amount of the characters have unique quirks for how they go about smashing objects,walking/running around animations as well as their random mentions of the other characters every so often (compared to getting generic shield/hydra agents that all have the same pose and blaster. that could also have been wasting space for other characters that could have been added instead .-.)
  2. the hub worlds though small sized do have enough in them to make them worth exploring and it only requires one franchise character to explore it.
  3. the vehicle customization options are fun to tinker with and sometimes has fun skins referencing other stuff (for example the tornado will likely have a reskin for the blue tornado design from sonic adventure 1 (could even rebuild into the mech form in sonic adventure 2 for all we know))
  4. the starter pack has 25 total lvls which is roughly the norm for lego games lvl amounts by default now adays

in any case the one thing i will say for sure though is if you don't agree with the price average price the packs are currently at but would like to get into lego dimensions.

then hoard up some lego dimensions spending money on the side wait for them to do a huge sale including the starter pack.then get into lego dimensions.I got most of my collection so far because of a gamestop 1/2 sale that saved me 150$ overall and for anyone only interested in the lego figure i recommend you wait for a good sale to get the pack because toys to life figures sometimes have a knack for getting sales quickly after release.

well i hope this helps anyone thats having trouble deciding. ~signed kirby1up

Never considered a gamestop sell. I might go that route instead in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm actually pretty excited for this! It's not uncommon for me to get games just because Sonic is in them.

I haven't looked much into how Dimensions works, but I assume I can take the role of Sonic and go wherever.

In that case, the first thing I'll be doing is challenging Flash to a race.

3 minutes ago, ヒーロー said:

I'm actually pretty excited for this! It's not uncommon for me to get games just because Sonic is in them.

I haven't looked much into how Dimensions works, but I assume I can take the role of Sonic and go wherever.

In that case, the first thing I'll be doing is challenging Flash to a race.

Dimensions is kinda like that. Half of the game is a story, the other half is open-world missions.

And the only thing you can do with Flash is join him on a mission to take down Gotham and Metropolis goons.