Awoo.

Facebook character poll - Who do you want to return?

Badnik Zero

So some of us voted on this poll at Sonic's Facebook page, and there was a topic before the meltdown.

It was about which lost character fans would like to return, with choices like Nack the Weasel, Mighty the Armadillo, Ray the Squirrel, Metal Knuckles, Tails Doll, Bean, Bark, Tikal, Chaos, and even Heavy and Bomb, along with write ins. The best comment left would win a prize, which I believe was another copy of the Sonic Unleashed soundtrack, "Planetary Pieces".

Looks like Nack appeared to win out in the end even after falling to 19% from an early start, and Mighty took second at a close 18%. Both Tikal and Chaos were runner-ups though, taking about 13% and 12%. If taken as a team that means Tikal and Chaos together take a fourth of the total vote. If anyone has more accurate numbers than this, feel free to correct me. This is just what the numbers were before the poll went down.

What do you guys think of the tentative results? I know two of us won prizes last time, so congrats in advance if another member wins in this poll.

Edited by Badnikz

So, Fang finaly doesn't won with a very high score but extremly close to Mighty. I was sure those two are going to be the fav ones but Tikal in the third place... Wow.

I hope this poll wasn't just a thing like that to makes us thrilling but a true effort to be more close of their fans and, of course, really make the chosen one come back to life in a future game (maybe the next "main saga" Sonic).

By the way, congratulations to the possible winners too.

I was a little surprised, I thought Nack had a larger fan base than Mighty, and thought Nack would win out by a decent amount...early votes indicated such.

So it seems a good call to say Nack and Mighty are quite the popular ones! I myself didn't consider character such as Tikal or Chaos to be "old" or "forgotten" character in need of return...in fact I reckon only Nack/Fang, Mighty, Bean, Bark, Ray, Metal Knuckles and the Tails Doll should have been the only contenders.

I wonder when we'll see the official results? I really hope something eventuates from this, though I'm hesitant to get my hopes up.

It was nice to see Heavy and Bomb on that poll, but unfortunately, the two of them had no chance whatsoever of winning in that poll. I actually like those two characters, as strange as it may sound.

• Thumbs Up 1

They didn't even bother to post results? What a waste of time!

That comes a little later... usually a few days. The winners are notified first.

Hope something comes out of this. I doubt it, it was prboably only done from general interest or something.

Did Fang win then? I sure hope he did, he's definitely the most interesting of the missing characters. I'd be happy to see Tikal and Chaos return too, but they're not really "missing" are they?

Meh. Mighty never seemed that interesting to me. It's cool to have a pacifist, sure, but we have enough speed characters, IMHO. But at least Fang seemed to win! c: This makes me a happy camper.

An insanely strong pacifist too? I like his character design, but I never got why he was so popular.

I don't want anyone to return until they can get Sonic's gameplay right. Introducing new or returning characters into the mix will only serve to muddy the waters.

I don't want anyone to return until they can get Sonic's gameplay right. Introducing new or returning characters into the mix will only serve to muddy the waters.

Heh, someone should've voted for chubby Sonic to return along with some good gameplay. :D

I'm joking though. I really do like the new games.

I feel like the farthest this would realistically get is someone at Bioware taking note of this and similar polls, and maybe giving us a nice cameo in the next Chronicles game. Or nothing could happen at all.

Edited by Badnikz

I'm not surprised that Fang or Mighty won, but I am surprised (and happy) that Tikal's in third. Well, okay, I don't KNOW if she ended in third, but that's how its been throughout most of the time. I'm irritated that Mighty got second because I hate him, but whatever, Tikal being in third makes up for that.

I do agree with The-Master-Board, though. I didn't really consider Tikal, Chaos, and Gamma "classic" characters who would be added to such a poll. I figured it would only be pre-SA characters listed, and I had anticipated that Tikal and Chaos would appear again sometime soon, anyway. But I'm glad they popped up. Gamma pretty much has no chance of returning unless they bring Chaos Gamma back.

It'd be lame if they brought Chaos Gamma back. They have Omega now, they should just leave the E-series alone. That story arc is over xD

Tikal and Chaos should return for Sonic Chronicles 2 methinks. I'm hoping it'll continue to expand on Knuckles' past.

I think people like Mighty because we barely know anything about him. People can see in him whatever they want him to be. That's my theory for the day.

I figured Fang would win; I voted for him too.

Next thing Facebook related appears, i'm totally joining.

I can understand the Fang popularity as he's a unique character in many ways. But Mighty is just Sonic in a shell. I can't see how he's so damn popular.

Chaos, one of greatest characters :). You don't have to hear his voice, and yet, he is cool lol.

I really agree on the part about Fang, and I hate how everyone compares him to Rouge. Fang and Rouge only have one thing in common - a love of treasure. In all other ways--appearance, personality, abilities, and even gender, they are completely different. I, frankly, think they'd make great rivals if they returned.

And yeah, Tikal and Chaos should totally appear in Sonic Chronicles 2. Fang would also make a nice addition, probably working for Eggman. I hope Mighty doesn't return, but if he does, oh well, I'll just ignore him. Based on this poll, Ray has no chance, so that's good, in my opinion. He could pretty much be a Tails clone (Tails was originally a Sonic clone but his ability to fly was known; Ray is a flying squirrel... yeah).

It would be nice to hear the results soon. I'm looking forward to it. ^^

I don't know if Fang would work for Eggman... But I agree with you, I don't understand it when people say "But he's like Rouge!" Fang is by far the most original missing character, and he doesn't look out of place with a gun. I could easily see him being one of the most downright horrible enemies, but also being rather clumsy. It sounds pretty awesome to me, why don't they do it?

Even if that's not enough, he has an awesome and unique character design!

An insanely strong pacifist too?

Mighty has never been strong. o.o Not in the games, anyway. In his two appearances (I think), and DEFINITELY in Chaotix he had Sonic's speed + the wall jump Sonic woulda had if he had been in the game.

Mighty has never been strong. o.o Not in the games, anyway. In his two appearances (I think), and DEFINITELY in Chaotix he had Sonic's speed + the wall jump Sonic woulda had if he had been in the game.

Sega Sonic Arcade would like to have a word with you. Mighty was the "power" character, and had the voice and animations to back it up. Hence the name "Mighty".

Seriously, you know how Sega rolls with the names.

Sega Sonic Arcade would like to have a word with you. Mighty was the "power" character, and had the voice and animations to back it up. Hence the name "Mighty".

Seriously, you know how Sega rolls with the names.

Uh, yeah... Where do you get that? All the characters in SEGASonic Arcade PLAY EXACTLY THE SAME! There is no "Speed," "Flight," or "Power" characters. Period. End of story. There is no difference between the three characters. Even then, giving Mighty strength doesn't make him original. It just makes him a stronger version of Sonic. Whoopee.

Uh, yeah... Where do you get that? All the characters in SEGASonic Arcade play exactly the same! There is no "Speed," "Flight," or "Power" characters. Period. End of story. There is no difference between the three characters. Even then, giving Mighty strength doesn't make him original. It just makes him a stronger version of Sonic. Whoopee.

I could have sworn I seen some vid on youtube where Mighty was breakin bars or some slag while Sonic had to jump through them.

Either way, this is lolSega, as in the same people who make punny names like "Cream and Cheese". They're not going to name a character "Mighty" and then give him no sense of strength whatsoever. Any reappearance of Mighty is going to shove him in the power class.

Also, that last bit can be argued for every character. Tails is a flying Sonic. Knuckles is a stronger Sonic. Shadow is a "EDGY" Sonic, and so on.

Edited by Aquaslash

I feel like the farthest this would realistically get is someone at Bioware taking note of this and similar polls, and maybe giving us a nice cameo in the next Chronicles game. Or nothing could happen at all.
Heh heh, hardly.

I can't even see it getting that far, afterall Sonic Chronicles only gave us Vector as a cameo...and thats if you could call one second a cameo. It seems to me that Bioware suffer from the same delusions as Sonic Team and would rather add their own newer characters into the series, even when the series is an RPG which is ripe for backstory, history and cameos.

As nice as it would be to see, the track record isn't very good. I can very well see us seeing Chip and the werehog before anything good, or ten more generic hedgehogs.

I was playing Rush Adventure lately, and realised while in the snow world that it would be perfect for Bark's comeback... Wasted opportunity, instead we got a minor polarbear called Norman.

Bark as a Viking doesn't sound like a bad idea at all to me... Dammit.

Edited by SuperLink

The problem with bringing Bark back in Sonic Rush Adventure is the dimensional difference. That's an alternate dimension; Bean and Bark were in Sonic's dimension. I suppose you could make up the excuse of having them re-written, but it wouldn't work well that way. Bark COULD end up being from Holoska, though. But the only anthro characters in that game were Sonic, Tails, and Amy. (Maybe Chip if you want to count him.)