Awoo.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (DBXV2) | PC, XB1, PS4, Switch| Goku Black Likey

DiamondX

dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-logo.png

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (DBXV2) is the newest Dragon Ball game. The game is a sequel to the original Xenoverse which came out in 2015.

It came out on:

25th October ( US PS4, XB1)

28th October (PC, EU PS4 and XB1)

Fall 2017 (Switch)

You can choose your CaC race from these:

• Majin (Male and Female)
  • Sayian (Male and Female)
  • Human/Earthling (Male and Female)
  • Namekian
  • Frieza's Race

Each Race has pros and cons:

• Sayians have low health but high attack. Attack increases when HP is low and all stats increase when revived.
  • Namekians have high health and quick stamina recovery but low attack. Items have bigger effects on them and they regenerate HP when it's low.
  • Earthlings have balanced attack and defense. They charge Ki automatically and their attack increases when Ki is maxed
  • Majins have high defense but stamina refill is slow. When stamina is maxed defense increases.
  • Frieza's race has low health, but fast movement speed. They recover stamina when they use melee attacks and become faster when health is lowered.

maxresdefault.jpg

The game's hub is Conton City, where you can buy clothes and moves, train with your masters, complete Parallel Quests and do the main story. There are also portals to important places in Dragon Ball.

Conton City also provides a mini story about you having to deafeat the Nutz Gang.

Main Gameplay:

Melee Attacks are done by using the Triange and Square/ X and Y buttons. You can combo them in different ways.

If you charge the Triangle/ Y button you will break the enemy's stamina if they are blocking.

Super Attacks require Ki to use. ( 1 or 2 bars). Each character can have up to 4 super attacks. To use a Super Attack you need to press Triangle or Square or X or Circle / X or Y or A or B while holding RT.

Ultimate Attacks also require Ki and are stronger than Super Attacks. (3,4,5) You can have up to 2 Ultimate Attacks. To use an Ultimate you need to press Triangle or Square/ X or Y while holding LT and RT.

Supers and Ultimates can be Ki based, Strike based or Others.

Awoken Skills are used by pressing Circle / B while holdong LT and RT. (I wrote more about them below)

Evasive Skills require 3 bars of Stamina. These don't deliver mich damage as their main use is to block attacks. To use an Evasive you need to press X / A while holding LT and RT.

Ki Blasts ard used by rapidly pressing the Circle/ B button. These can be charged. There are 5 types of Charged Ki Blasts, which can be changed by the Super Soul:

Rush Ki blasts will fire tons of small Ki Blasts.

Power Ki Blast will launch one huge Ki Blast.

Homing Ki Blast will slowly go towards your opponent.

Bomb Ki Blast can be blown up when pressing the Circle / B button again.

Paralyise Ki Blast will paralyise your opponent for ~2 seconds. 

Stamina Breaks are the most important attacks and are required to win online. To use a Stamina Break you need to press one of the Melee buttons while pushing the control stick towards the enemy. Be careful, as they can be blocked.

You can guard by holding the LB button. Guarding requires stamina. If you block at the moment the attack hits, you will get a Perfect Block/ Just Guard. This will block all the damage, give a Ki bar and lower enemy Stamina by 1 bar.

You can knock back your opponent by pressing Triangle and Circle / Y and B at the same time.

Burst Dashes are used to get to you opponent in case they try to run away. They cost 1 stamina bar and are used by pressing X and Square/ X and A at the same time.

Attribute Points are given every time you level up. You can use them to increase:

Health

Ki

Stamina

Basic/Melee

Strike

Ki Attacks

The max you can put on one of these is 100 before talking to Guru and becomes 125 after that.

Parallel Quests are missions which will get you moves, clothes and Super Souls. There are 100 PQ in the main game. These are ranked by start, ranging from 1 to 7 stars.

Time Patrollers can be found in some PQ. You can fight them to win rewards. If you defeat one TP you get 2 rewards and if someone else beats one you only get 1 reward. The rewards can be Dragon Balls, Vegeta's Shirt and Mixing Devices.

Super Souls are special effects which range from greatly boosting Normal Attack to Regenerating Health. You can only equip one Super Soul.

Expert Missions are 6v1 missions where you need to defeat a very powerfull enemy. There are 16 of these. These can be done either online or offline. While most of them are really easy offline, Extreme Malice is a really hard one in which most of us had to try a lot of times to beat it.

Each Expert Mission can drop a Super or Ultimate Attack:

Spoiler
  • Mission 1: Murder Grenade(Super)
  • Mission 2: Super Destructo Disc (Super)
  • Mission 3: Death Wave (Super)
  • Mission 4: Supernova (Ultimate)
  • Mission 5: Death Meteor (Ultimate)
  • Mission 6: Dead End Bullet (Ultimate)
  • Mission 7: Assault Rain (Ultimate)
  • Mission 8: Hellzone Grenade (Ultimate)
  • Mission 9: Super Electric Strike (Ultimate)
  • Mission 10: Angry Explosion (Ultimate)
  • Mission 11: Dead End Rain (Ultimate)
  • Mission 12: Shocking Death Ball (Ultimate)
  • Mission 13: Blue Hurricane (Ultimate)
  • Mission 14: Super Spirit Bomb (Ultimate)
  • Mission 15: Spirit Sword (Ultimate)
  • DLC Mission 16: Focus Flash (Super)
  • DLC Mission 17: Tail Slicer (Super)

Mentors are characters from Dragon Ball who will teach you their skills, give you marks when you increase your friendship with them (you increase it by using them as allies in PQs) and sometimes even get them to help you when your HP is low in PQ. The Mentors are:

Spoiler
  • Krillin
  • Yamcha
  • Kid Gohan
  • Piccolo
  • Raditz
  • Vegeta
  • Nappa
  • Dodoria
  • Zarbon
  • Ginyu
  • Freeza
  • Cell
  • Android 18
  • Gotenks
  • Adult Gohan and Videl
  • Broly
  • Jaco
  • Pan
  • Goku
  • Future Gohan
  • Cooler
  • Bardock
  • Android 16
  • Whis
  • Hit (DLC 1)
  • Bojack (DLC 3)

Awoken Skills are transformations which give you unique boosts/powers. They use their own slot. These are:

Spoiler
  • Kaioken: 2.5% Boost to Strike and Ki moves, Drains STA. Turns back to normal when STA is broken. (Every Race; Parallel Quest 8) 
  • Kaioken X3: 7.5% Boost to Strike and Ki moves, Drains STA and takes 10% more damage. Turns back to normal when STA is broken. (Every Race; Parallel Quest 8) 
  • Kaioken x20: 15% Boost to Strike and Ki moves, Drains STA and takes 30% more damage. Turns back to normal when STA is broken. (Every Race; Parallel Quest 8) 
  • Super Sayian:  10% Boost to Strike and 5% to Ki moves. Damage Recieved from Strike moves is reduced by 5%. Ki charges slower from melee  (Sayians Only - Train with Vegeta at Capsule Corp.) 
  • Super Sayian 2: 15% Boost to Strike and 7.5% to Ki moves. Damage Recieved from Strike moves is reduced by 10% and Ki by 5%. Ki charges slower from melee  (Sayians Only - Train with Vegeta at Capsule Corp.) 
  • Super Sayian 3: 20% Boost to Strike and 10% to Ki moves. Damage Recieved from Strike moves is reduced by 15% and Ki by 10%. Ki charges slower from melee  (Sayians Only - Train with Vegeta at Capsule Corp.) 
  • Super Vegeta:  5% Boost to Strike and 10% to Ki moves. Damage Recieved from Ki moves is reduced by 5%. Ki charges slower from melee  (Sayians Only - Train with Vegeta at Capsule  Corp.) 
  • Super Vegeta 2: 7.5% Boost to Strike and 17.5% to Ki moves. Damage Recieved from Strike moves is reduced by 5% and Ki by 12.5%. Ki charges slower from melee  (Sayians Only - Train with Vegeta at Capsule Corp.) 
  • Golden Form: 30% Boost to Ki moves, changed Ki Blasts, Spped is increased (Freeza Race Exclusive -Train with Freeza in his ship)
  • Giant Form: Skill Change, cannot be grabbed. Drains Stamina and turn back to normal when stamina breaks. (Namekian Exclusive -Train with Nail on Namek)
  • Power Pole Pro: Cannot use Skills, Gives you range but you turn back to normal  if you get hit too many times. (Human Exclusive -Train with Sayiaman 1, 2 and Jaco)
  • Purification: Transforms into Kid Buu, drains stamina and turn back to normal when stamina breaks. (Majin Exclusive- Train with Buu at his house)
  • Unlock Potential: Boost to All Stats (Every Race- Clear with Z Rank all Advancement Tests and Elder Kai's missions)

Story Spoiler:

Spoiler

Future Super Sayian: 10% boost to Strike moves, 5% Boost to Ki moves, recovers Ki faster than SSJ and Super Vegeta (Sayians Only- Beat Secret Gohan Mission)

Some Awoken Skills can be used only by original characters. These are:

Spoiler

Super Sayian Blue Kaioken (5 Ki) - Gives a 15% increase to Melee, Ki and Strike attacks. (25% for Melee because of Goku's Super Soul). It slowly decreases HP. (Exclusive to 2nd variation SSB Goku)

Super Sayian Blue Kaioken ×10 (5 ki) - Gives a 35% boost to Melee, Ki and Strike attacks (45% melee because of Goku's Super Soul). It decreases HP faster. (Exclusive to 2nd variation SSB Goku) - Can only be used after SSB Kaioken

Pure Progress (1st Time) (5 Ki)- Gives a 10% boost to Melee, Ki and Strike Attacks. (Exclusive to Hit(Awoken) )

Pure Progress (2nd Time) (5 Ki) -Gives a 30% boost to Melee, Ki and Strike Attacks. (Exclusive to Hit (Awoken) ) - Can only be used after Pure Progress activates

The Dragon Balls are, in case you don't know, the 7 orbs which can grant you one wish. As I said above, you can get them from beating Time Patrollers in Parallel Quests and can get them (only one time) when you defeat the Nutz Gang. The wishes you can make are:

1. I want to grow! (Once) - Increases your level by one. Can't be used if you are at max level.

2. I want money! (Unlimited) - Gives you 500.000 Zeni

3. I want a rare item! (Once) - Gives you "Goddie Radish" (Accessory)

4. I want to dress up! (Twice) - First time it gives you thhe Crystal Battle Suit. Secind time the Gold Battle Suit

5. I want to get stronger! (Unlimited) - Gives you 6 Soul Echo Devices and 3 Soul Diffusion Mix Devices (Used for Super Souls in the Mixing Shop)

6. I want a new Ultimate Attack (Twice) - First time it gives you Time Skip/Molotov. Second time Burning Spin and Ice Cannon.

7. I want a new Super Attack (Twice) - First time it gives you Flash Fist Crush. Second time Ice Claw, Ice Field, Burdt Attack and Burst Reflection.

8. I want more usable characters! (4 Times) Gives you: Hit (1st), Eis Shenron (2nd), Nuova Shenron (3rd), Omega Shenron (4th)

9. I want a second chance at life! (Unlimited) - Lets you redistribute you Atribute Points.

10. I want to be drop-dead gorgeous! (Unlimited) - Lets you change your hair, skin color. (Doesn't let you cahnce the gender or race)

11. I want medals (Unlimited) - Gives you 10 TP Medals.

The following are unlocked after talking to Guru:

12. I want to dress up more! (Once) - Gives Turtle Hernit Set

13. I want another Ultimate Attack (Once) - Gives Minus Energy Power Ball

14. I want another Super Attack (Once) - Gives Dragon Flash Bullet and Whirlwind Blade

15. I want a full stomach! (Unlimited) - Gives 30 Cups of Pudding

16. I want to grow more! (Once) - Same as "I want to grow!"

The game has 4 DLC Packs:

DLC Pack 1

DLC Pack 1 gives you two new characters (Cabba and Frost), Hit as a Master and 3 new Parallel Quests.

Released in December 2016

DLC Pack 2

DLC Pack 1 gives you two new characters (Champa and Vados), 3 new Parallel Quests and more Story Mode based on the Universe 6 vs Universe 7 saga.

Released on February 2017.

DLC Pack 3

DLC Pack 3 gives you three new characters (Super Sayian Rosé Goku Black, Zamasu and Bojack), Bojack as a master and three new Parralel Quests.

Released in April 2017.

DLC Pack 4

DLC Pack 4 gives you two new characters (Vegito Blue and Fused Zamasu), "The Warrior of Hope" Story and  3 new Parallel Quests.

Released in June 2017.

DLC 5/Expansion Pack

The japanese website for Xenoverse 2 announced an expansion to the game.

2 new character codes where found in the game which most likely are Dabura and Buuhan.

Zamasu also was found as a master in the files and even has dialogue.

-------------------------------

For Switch players, you will get a code which will unlock all XV1 characters for you when you start the game. The characters you need to unlock are:

Spoiler
  • Turles (Beat Frieza Saga)
  • Lord Slug (Beat Frieza Saga)
  • Dodoria (Beat Frieza Saga)
  • Cooler (Beat Frieza Saga)
  • Zarbon (Beat Frieza Saga)
  • Dodoria (Beat Frieza Saga)
  • Android 16 (Beat Cell Saga)
  • Future Gohan (Beat Cell Saga)
  • Imperfect Cell (Beat Cell Saga)
  • Majin Vegeta (Beat Buu Saga)
  • Final Form Cooler (PQ)
  • Meta Cooler (PQ)
  • Masked Saiyan (Beat BOG Saga , not sure)
  • Hit - Dragon Ball wish
  • DBS Future Trunks (Beat the Game)

I'm pretty sure I got all of them.

PRE-ORDER Bonuses:

1. Dragon Ball Xemoverse Story. I hope they get updated graphics.

2. Special code which unlocks the Xenoverse 1 characters.

• Thumbs Up 5

All I can say right now is that I really hope Bandai listened to all the complaints the first game received.

Hopefully Zarbon and Dodoria should be a sign that Bandai is bringing back all the important missing Z characters from XV1 and that should definitely be their main priority before adding new characters from DB, Movies, GT and Super regarding the roster.

All they need now are:

Dr. Gero

Android 19

Android 16

Cell (Imperfect and Semi Perfect)

Frieza ( 2nd and 3rd forms)

Chaiotzu

King Cold

Mecha Frieza

Super Buu ( Gohan and Gotenks)

Majin Vegeta

Dabura

and if maaaaybe possible....

Master Roshi and Yajirobe.

After them, they can go nuts.

In terms of the story, I kinda have a bad feeling they're gonna reuse the same story from XV1 with added characters and Sagas but let's hope they're just there as archives which are minor history distortions and they primarily focus on the NEW story.

Messin with the main timeline in DBZ is kind of the point but I see potienial in other story ideas.

• Thumbs Up 1

I want Dragon Ball characters, god dammit. They don't get enough attention. Kame-sennin, Piccolo Daimao, and Tao Pai Pai specifically would be great. I'd also be a sucker for North Kaio and God. 

• Thumbs Up 6

It is strange how in the games, a non canon anime only series gets more attention than the original manga series that started it all.

I think it's mainly because despite having a negative reception and being anime only, GT has more popular characters such as the SSJ4 characters, Baby and Omega Shenron while Dragon Ball has less popular characters to use aside from main fighters such as Kid Goku, Demon King Piccolo etc, I think it's also because most DB characters lack the ability to fly.

Arale.

That's all I want. And  a Penguin Village arena. 

But more Dragon Ball (first part) would be nice.

Also Arale.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Destructo-Dude said:

Dabura

Don't forget about Time Breaker Dabura. Very important detail in regards to Towa...

• Thumbs Up 1

I do hope the time breakers get added, love for the Z team to clash against time breaker Bardock.

Since everyone lists their charaters that they want ill do my list:

• Bojack
  • Fused Android 13
  • Cooler
  • 2nd and 3rd form Friez
  • Imeprfect/Semiperfect Cell
  • Majin Vegeta
  • Pikkon
  • Janemba.

It also included Zarbon and Turles but they are already there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Everyone sure has been quiet since Xenoverse 2 was announced but due to the lack of more info, I can understand.

I can't believe I forgot to mention Beam Struggles! I don't know why they took those out, and for the custom characters, can we please make actual child and teen characters this time intead of small adults with high voices?

So you can change events. That's worth the price of admission right there. I'm not sure if I will be transferring save data. I kinda want to start from scratch on this one, but if it's the only way to get certain characters and techniques, I guess I'll have to. 

Is it too much to ask for at least one more VA from Abridged apart from Nappa's one for character creation? 

1 hour ago, Ice Vec said:

Is it too much to ask for at least one more VA from Abridged apart from Nappa's one for character creation? 

If you can change events, we should have an entire storyline which is just the Abridged version, but it's narrated by Abridged Nappa.

No, actually fuck that.

Let's have every single character in the game voiced by Abridged Nappa.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping because there's going to be a playable demo at E3.

There are photos of banners at the event that read "Fight for family" and "To protect the future"

Spoiler

2lYCunq.jpg

aRvxu0N.jpg

E9HDFHC.jpg

And yes, it looks like there'll be an actual Future Gohan this time

• Thumbs Up 3

Who's gonna showcase Xenoverse 2 at E3?

1 hour ago, Destructo-Dude said:

Who's gonna showcase Xenoverse 2 at E3?

My guess is either MS or Sony, although it seems more like something that would be announced at Sony's conference.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, E3 is gonna bring a lot of info.

Too bad I wont be there (i guess its obvious why) so ill have to realy on the DB youtubers.

Still, is that really Future Gohan? I mean, ,, Fighting for family'' doesnt make much sense for his fuutre self.

It's him. What we see of the haircut matches and he has the missing arm. (Or it's REALLY well-hidden behind him.)

If we go by the Naruto UNS4 experience, Bamco doesn't like showing characters with missing limbs (See Raikage and post-final fight)

Spoiler

Well, it looks like Frieza has an "unexpected visitor"...

Ck9knrDUoAEz15_.jpg

@Diamond You can add Cooler to the character roster now. :)

So, aside from the movie character I mentioned in the picture, the Universe 6 characters from DB Super are confirmed as DLC.

A new scan appeared.

• The XV1 character will be part of the story along with your XV2 one
  • Turles MIGHT(get it?) join the Ginyu Force on Namek
  • Cooler will fight wih Frieza against you and Goku
  • The make takes place 2 years after Xenoverse
  • Old Kai might join Supreme Kai of Time and Xeno Trunks

I hope they can do it like Dokkan Battle where you make a transfer code for your data since im having Xenoverse on PS3 and ill get Xenoverse 2 on PC. Or should i buy the PC version too

I forgot some things:

• Zarbon will be a master
  • Guru will appear in the story, unlocking your potential

• Thumbs Up 3

Hide contents
  • Turles MIGHT(get it?) join the Ginyu Force on Namek

4247531-3954798-4227070381-tumbl.gif

On 6/21/2016 at 1:32 PM, Diamond said:

Guru will appear in the story, unlocking your potential

I need an adult.

• Thumbs Up 1