Awoo.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (DBXV2) | PC, XB1, PS4, Switch| Goku Black Likey

DiamondX

On the English website, it appears as Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Working Title).

That , IMO, confirms it's a special edition. Maybe it comes with a Season Pass.

Hopefully, we get a release date hint in February, when DLC 2 arrives.

With the 2nd DLC we are getring new story for the U6 VS U7 Saga, the new Tournament Stage, Vados & Champa as playable charaters and the Sayian Space Pod as a vehicle.

• Thumbs Up 4

Didn't think we'd get the rest in this pack but hey, more story is amazing. I hope Champa has low stamina, you know to play up the fat joke.

On 1/12/2017 at 11:22 PM, Goku Black (Diamond) said:

Or it comes with all the content on cartridge. Wonder if it'll be at or around launch. So for those uninformed, what kinda of game is it? I'm not a dragonball fan but I like crazy games. And does it have multiplayer locally

I don't really know how to explain it.

It's basically both an RPG and a Fighting game at the same time.

You create your own character which can get new costumes and moves.

You can learn moves trough PQs (missions) and from other characters which can become your mentors.

Yes, there is local multiplayer, but the problem is that you can only choose between 6 stages to play in.

Here is some gameplay . It's from a demo build, so there is no spoilers.

I am not the best at explaining, so maybe the others can give you a better explanation on the game.

It's like an MMO fighting game, complete with grinding and hideous edgy OC characters. But it has single-player too and it's fun

I never bought XV2, so I'm really glad to see it's coming to Switch.

11 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

It's like an MMO fighting game, complete with grinding and hideous edgy OC characters. But it has single-player too and it's fun

I never bought XV2, so I'm really glad to see it's coming to Switch.

That sounds bizarrely awesome, especially if the Switch version winds up being the best one

I highly doubt the switch version would be the best. That's doesn't make sense. It's not as much a mmo. You can't just wonder around a world fighting anything. End game missions get old fast when your maxed out. But the soundtrack is the best part

2 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

That sounds bizarrely awesome, especially if the Switch version winds up being the best one

Why would it be the best version? At best, it'll be a GoTY edition with the DLC, which will likely also release onto PS4 and Xbox One. Xenoverse 2 is a good game, but there's no definitively best version because it pretty much runs the same way on everything. I heavily doubt Switch is going to measure above PS4 and Xbox One's performance to the point where that's going to change. 

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Why would it be the best version? At best, it'll be a GoTY edition with the DLC, which will likely also release onto PS4 and Xbox One. Xenoverse 2 is a good game, but there's no definitively best version because it pretty much runs the same way on everything. I heavily doubt Switch is going to measure above PS4 and Xbox One's performance to the point where that's going to change. 

I was referring to all content, and the possibility of bonus/exclusive content combined with being able to take it on the go. Performance is relative.

8 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

I was referring to all content, and the possibility of bonus/exclusive content combined with being able to take it on the go. Performance is relative.

Again, if there was going to be a game of the year/complete edition, it would be releasing on other consoles too. There's absolutely no reason to limit that to only Switch when both consoles have been successes for the Xenoverse games. There's in fact already a gold edition of XV1 on PS4 that comes with all content so that will likely come to all consoles for XV2. Bonus/Exclusive content is very unlikely. Bandai doesn't have the greatest of relationships with Nintendo's home consoles, seeing as a lot of their games have been absent on the console, and while I think it's great XV2 and DB games in general will finally hit home Nintendo systems (Seriously, last one that hit a proper home Nintendo system was a DB King Piccolo saga game back on Wii), I really can't see them having any additional reason to add more apart from what's already present.

Also, taking it on the go isn't that much of a game changer. We already know big games is gonna be draining the Switch's battery life like shit already, and on top of that, there's also the Vita which has limited portability with Remote Play, and PCs and Laptops are able to handle it with relative ease, which already means portability is moot anyway.

Well we now know more about the DLC packs. Yes, we get another free update.

So to summarise, Free DLC: 5 costumes, 3 accessories, 5 attacks, 5 applicable BGM's (New background music for Conton?), New tournament rule and new tournament costume.

Paid DLC: Story (Universe 6 Tournament), Champa and Vados, UnNamed Planet stage, 8 attacks, 3 costumes, Saiyan Space Pod vehicle, A Super Soul and Emotes.

Still no date though but hey, you looking forward to a new stage and story?

• Thumbs Up 2

If they make a Switch version, they'll surely add exclusive accesories like Mario/Luigi hat, Bowser shell, Master Sword, Pikmin leaf maybe? Also they must add costumes

Well...

WE CAN CHANGE BATTLE MUSIC.

Oh, and new Expert Missions.

*Cries in Extreme Malice* ( Yep, still there.)

If Solid State Scouter isn't an option for Battle Music, I will cry.

And no Switch News yet. I kinda feel like buying the game again, but I don't know if I should.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/13/2017 at 1:22 AM, Goku Black (Diamond) said:

I was thinking about this this morning and I was wondering if the "Working Title" appended to it means it'll be a version that includes the first Xenoverse. Kind of a Bayonetta 2 situation, though I'm not sure if Xenoverse 2 is a game that really needs you to play the original to understand the story or anything (I haven't played either). That'd definitely sell me on it for whenever I do get a Switch.

Well...

You can transfer the XV1 character into XV2, and he becomes the hero.

You will get his clothes and moves at the start of the game.

21 hours ago, Zaysho said:

I was thinking about this this morning and I was wondering if the "Working Title" appended to it means it'll be a version that includes the first Xenoverse. Kind of a Bayonetta 2 situation, though I'm not sure if Xenoverse 2 is a game that really needs you to play the original to understand the story or anything (I haven't played either). That'd definitely sell me on it for whenever I do get a Switch.

21 hours ago, Goku Black (Diamond) said:

Well...

You can transfer the XV1 character into XV2, and he becomes the hero.

You will get his clothes and moves at the start of the game.

He meant in terms of story, and I think you made things a bit too complicated.

There's small connection to Xenoverse 1. They make references to Towa and Mira almost destroying their original home, that the time patroller of XV1 is a hero and if you choose to transfer him over, he becomes Trunks' partner and has a statue in the main area of Toki Toki City. He however gets preoccupied and does not get as much time to be in the story (so your created character in XV2 is still the hero of the game). Other than that, there's really no connection.

• Thumbs Up 2

Um dudes, I was pokind around a little, and managed to find the press release for the Switch version, and well there's a major bonus/upgrade this version is getting that we all missed

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Working Title), the most expansive Dragon Ball videogame experience to-date, will be making its way to the Nintendo Switch™ system for the Americas. Nintendo Switch players will be able to experience many of the adventures and epic battles that make up the heart of the Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 gameplay experience. Nintendo Switch players can also look forward to sharing their Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 experience through local co-op gameplay, enabling players to share their Dragon Ball adventure with friends. Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. will share more details soon regarding the debut of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Working Title) on the Nintendo Switch. Stay tuned!

They've added Co-op! and the wording makes it sound same console style too! although it may also be referring to multi-system lan as well

I assume it's PvP, which is also on the other consoles.

Unless they mean Parallel Quests, which would make me buy this game again.

I am just waiting for a realease date. I hope it's not when they are over with the DLC packs. (That would be around June)

2 minutes ago, Goku Black (Diamond) said:

I assume it's PvP, which is also on the other consoles.

Unless they mean Parallel Quests, which would make me buy this game again.

I am just waiting for a realease date. I hope it's not when they are over with the DLC packs. (That would be around June)

The wording makes it sound as if you are working together in the main mode, not fighting against each other. And that it is a new exclusive feature

• Thumbs Up 1

I see people are already heavily requesting that female Broly and Clown God of Destruction be released as DLC before the arc even starts. LOL.

• Thumbs Up 1

Co-op in a game as fast as this just sounds messy. And your character from first game does have a big part in story. He or she come into play around half way through story