Awoo.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (DBXV2) | PC, XB1, PS4, Switch| Goku Black Likey

DiamondX

On 9/28/2016 at 5:56 AM, Spin Attaxx said:

Meanwhile here I am with XV on my 360 and plans to get XV2 on PC, meaning I'm going to have to start from scratch (and it'll probably take me a loooong time before I get access to (Future) 18's Android Saga duds due to the character type I'm planning on using :U). I guess I could get XV on PC too, but really with this game being so close and by all indications even better than the first, there's really no point.

Speaking of, I hope they let us change the colour of non-generic equipment. I want my red and white Saiyan Claus armor, dammit.

Well, the RNG bull shit is gone, so I imagine farming for No. 18's duds won't take too long, and I think it's already been confirmed that you can change the color of non-generic equipment. I seem to recall that being shown off.

Looks like I forgot to post this but we finally found out that clothings wont affect stats, in a way. QQ Bang combines your equipment and lets you change its stats. The stats are better if its a rare clothing or a rare capsule. More details:

1 hour ago, Mr. Popo (Diamond) said:

Same thing, just in japanese.

I don't think so, at least according to what Dark Moon said:

On 10/3/2016 at 2:45 PM, Dark Moon CC14 said:

The intro to XV2, which, in a change-up, is a voiced scene rather than a bunch of fights and such set to music. Even has a cute little recruitment video theme with rules and guidelines demonstrated by main characters.

Looks like there isn't gonna be any Meta Coolers either.

As for Videl, there is three of her, which is similar to Gohan, I.E: Teen Videl (Pigtails), Older Videl (Spikey hair) and Great Saiyaman 2.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Popo (Diamond) said:

If the short hair and long hair Videl have different character slot im gonna rage.

I don't think it's character slots. It looks like costume/form slots to me. 

Well, the reason why I say this is because all the Gokus, Gohans and alll the evil characters had all their forms shown one under another (like in the thumbnail) so it might be another one.

Either way, closed beta start tomorrow.

Hey guys. The open beta starts next Friday. Would anyone want to have some 3v3 battles during the beta?

3 minutes ago, Mr. Popo (Diamond) said:

Hey guys. The open beta starts next Friday. Would anyone want to have some 3v3 battles during the beta?

If PS4, then sure.

The beta is PS4 only.

Im looking forward to play as Turles, Jaco and GT Goku since I didnt get the DLC. 

I am going with Sayian for the beta, what about you?

So, for those who missed my earlier status, I managed to get one of the beta codes that Namco's Twitter had been giving out all day, and have been playing XV2 for a few hours now, and there's surprisingly a lot of content, including story related content. I'll do a quick recap over everything. First though, I'll go over my character. My original plan was going to be remaking my XV1 character, but I heavily recommend you make a new character like I decided on doing. What I decided to do was make a new character, a female saiyan named Oceania, with a variety of skills I transferred from XV1 (Yes, XV1 transfers are live).

As for the DB characters playing in the beta:

-Goku 

-Kid Gohan

-Yamcha

-Raditz

-Turles 

-Piccolo

-Tien

-Nappa

-Jaco

-GT Goku

-Krillin 

-Saibamen

-Vegeta

-Ginyu

Right now, there's only two parallel quests. Might be more and you might need to unlock them though. Right now, there's a tutorial with Elder Kai, and a dragon ball quest on Namek. 

But that isn't the best part. There's actual story events in the game, and it shows off these things: 

-The time patroller from XV1 is still around, and partners with Trunks (Unspoilered because it's important you know that before you make your character)

Spoiler

Full Saiyan Saga is playable, and the Ginyu saga (Haven't tried it yet, so I can't comment on how many missions are in it). Changes to the Saiyan saga is Turles ambushing Goku on the way to Nappa and Vegeta, so you need to fight both Nappa and Vegeta, and then go and stop Turles from delaying Goku. It's then a four way battle with Goku, you, Krillin, and Gohan VS Great Ape Nappa and Vegeta. It's then revealed that Towa and Mira have teamed up with several villains in order to pull off their schemes this time, and left the time patrol short handed, which is why they're desperate for recruits, and why Elder Kai is helping out Supreme Kai of Time. 

For those wonder, Turles is helping due to wanting to kill Goku, and Towa having given him a magical fruit from The Tree of Might, that's been further upgraded by the demon realm, and Slug is helping due to wanting payback on Gohan. This is also where we get our first glimpse of Time Breaker Bardock, who from what was seen, is silent, and obedient to Towa's demands. Mira wants Towa to perform the same operation on Slug and Turles to make them more obedient to Towa, but she decides against it, due to the two already doing what they need done. 

Other than that, general thoughts in the game is just great all around. The FPS and animations are much better this time around, hitting a steady 60 FPS in gameplay, and having additional frames of animation. The combo system has also been reworked and is feels much more rewarding for pulling off attacks now. Super Saiyan and the other transformations seem to be given to your character to begin with, and works depending on your Ki level now, so with 3 bars, you can go SSJ1, with 4 bars, you go SSJ2, and with 5 bars, SSJ3. It's been heavily reworked as your Ki no longer drops when in transformations, and you can keep a transformation as long as you don't run out of Ki. 

The graphics are also vastly improved, with much better shading on all character models, and all existing locations getting very big reworks to them, such as Glacer having actual snow effects, a very different lighting setting, cool water effects, and much more. All stages get similar changes and the game looks absolutely stunning, and never loses it's stable 60 FPS. 

The soundtrack is also pretty damn awesome, with a wide range of tracks, my personal favourite right now being: 

Right now, the battles and everything is really fun to play around with, although I've had some glitches, such as Ginyu's body swap being really buggy (When the swap happens, the person who was Ginyu does manage to successfully get into the other body, but the other player gets stuck in an animation glitch as Ginyu, and becomes impossible to hit, and gets all of their controls locked out, which means if Ginyu allows the other player to beat down on him, and then perform the body swap, he can easily wait out the timer for an easy win. There's also lag issues and such, but that's to be expected from a beta.

Overall, it's really fun, and honestly, really better than Xenoverse 1. Definitely give it a try when the open beta hits. 

• Thumbs Up 4

We waited long enough...

GOKU BLACK SCREENSHOTS BABY!

The best part is that they will show him off in their Livestream this Thursday

• Thumbs Up 2

I finally played a bit of the beta, today. Was pretty fun, enough for me to get the full game at some point, but it feels extremely similar to the first one with a bigger hub, kinda like it's an expansion pack or something. Then again, I haven't played the original in a while, so I could be wrong there.

On a side note, beta servers are garbage. Hope the servers for the full game are better.

On 10/9/2016 at 10:58 PM, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Reveal hidden contents

Full Saiyan Saga is playable, and the Ginyu saga (Haven't tried it yet, so I can't comment on how many missions are in it). Changes to the Saiyan saga is Turles ambushing Goku on the way to Nappa and Vegeta, so you need to fight both Nappa and Vegeta, and then go and stop Turles from delaying Goku. It's then a four way battle with Goku, you, Krillin, and Gohan VS Great Ape Nappa and Vegeta. It's then revealed that Towa and Mira have teamed up with several villains in order to pull off their schemes this time, and left the time patrol short handed, which is why they're desperate for recruits, and why Elder Kai is helping out Supreme Kai of Time. 

For those wonder, Turles is helping due to wanting to kill Goku, and Towa having given him a magical fruit from The Tree of Might, that's been further upgraded by the demon realm, and Slug is helping due to wanting payback on Gohan. This is also where we get our first glimpse of Time Breaker Bardock, who from what was seen, is silent, and obedient to Towa's demands. Mira wants Towa to perform the same operation on Slug and Turles to make them more obedient to Towa, but she decides against it, due to the two already doing what they need done. 

The soundtrack is also pretty damn awesome, with a wide range of tracks, my personal favourite right now being: 

That track gives me Sonic CD vibes, meanwhile this one reminds me of the music from ps2 DBZ games(pre-Tenkaichi)

I have a request:

Please keep everything Story related as a spoiler until  20th November.

Considering the game comes out 3 days later in Europe and not everyone will be able to do the whole story in the first week it should be fair for everyoneto not be spoiler/