Awoo.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (DBXV2) | PC, XB1, PS4, Switch| Goku Black Likey

DiamondX

Oh god, I cannot wait to see Dumplin transform. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/6/2016 at 10:01 AM, Jango said:

All things that were much better handled in Tenkaichi 3... the only real NEW thing Xenoverse added is it's own story. Which is pretty lame tho.

Stage destruction would be a totaly new thing to the franchise and could add much more dept and variety to the battles. Huge destructions is a trademark of the Z series, if you find it lame, then... well, I'm sorry for you.

If you only care for gameplay, get a PS2 and play Tenkaichi 3 (or Sparking Meteor for the original anime score), because it's the best 3D gameplay ever.

And I'm gonna tell me you more:

150+ playable characters, with transformations. From classic Dragon Ball to GT and movies. Also ARALE;

Lots of combos, attacks, special attacks, unique special skills for each character;

Huge attention to detail, like some characters can only turn Great Ape if you're playing in a night time stage;

LOTS of stages. HUGE stages;

Real time transformations (you can choose if you want to go Super Saiyan 1, 2 or 3 during the fight) and fusions;

The japanese version features the original music from the anime, which is awesome. Also this theme;

Dynamic story mode with only the important fights;

Polished graphics and smooth framerate;

A ton of gamemodes;

5 vs 5 battle.

But no, surely what we get today is much better, right?

Barely 50 characters + you have to BUY some as DLC;

Can't even transform during battles. Or if so, it skips phases (like you can only go DIRECTLY to Freeza's final);

Stiff and sometimes awkward controls.

No, no, you're right. As long as I can make my custom character go Super Saiyan 3, it's no problem to me, I'll gladly pay 40 bucks to Bandai :P

BT3 is overrated, bud. There are plenty of 3D Dragon Ball games that are better than it, especially so in the gameplay department. BT2 and Raging Blast 2 are both better in that department. Regarding destruction, I'm not sure what you want. Destruction has existed as far back as Budokai 3, and it's not that I don't want it, I just don't care. It's a superficial improvement. 

I honestly don't get why people are so keen on gigantic character rosters. More characters mean less differences between characters. BT3, for example, was full of clones. It's huge roster would have benefited the story, but of course BT3 cut corners in that department. Xenoverse 2 seems to have a good combo game, and the original Xenoverse provided characters with more techniques than they had prior. Giants would be hard to implement without reducing their size like they did in the Sparking! series. Er, you can choose to transform into a Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, and Super Saiyan 3 during the battle in Xenoverse 2. Xenoverse 2 is plenty polished, and it'll run at 60 FPS on all platforms. 5 on 5 battles would be far too hectic IMO, unless you mean a rotation battle, like in BT3. 

50+ characters with more variations, and lets be honest, people only use a handful of characters. Plenty of characters exist for story use only, and you know it. You haven't played Xenoverse, have you? You can transform during battle with the Saiyans, and the races are getting transformations slots in Xenoverse 2, so you can most likely turn into second and third form Freeza for example during battle. Xenoverse was stiff and awkward? It had a learning curve thanks to there being no training mode, but the controls were smooth and responsive. 

On 7/6/2016 at 11:01 AM, Jango said:

All things that were much better handled in Tenkaichi 3... the only real NEW thing Xenoverse added is it's own story. Which is pretty lame tho.

Stage destruction would be a totaly new thing to the franchise and could add much more dept and variety to the battles. Huge destructions is a trademark of the Z series, if you find it lame, then... well, I'm sorry for you.

If you only care for gameplay, get a PS2 and play Tenkaichi 3 (or Sparking Meteor for the original anime score), because it's the best 3D gameplay ever.

And I'm gonna tell me you more:

150+ playable characters, with transformations. From classic Dragon Ball to GT and movies. Also ARALE;

Lots of combos, attacks, special attacks, unique special skills for each character;

Huge attention to detail, like some characters can only turn Great Ape if you're playing in a night time stage;

LOTS of stages. HUGE stages;

Real time transformations (you can choose if you want to go Super Saiyan 1, 2 or 3 during the fight) and fusions;

The japanese version features the original music from the anime, which is awesome. Also this theme;

Dynamic story mode with only the important fights;

Polished graphics and smooth framerate;

A ton of gamemodes;

5 vs 5 battle.

But no, surely what we get today is much better, right?

Barely 50 characters + you have to BUY some as DLC;

Can't even transform during battles. Or if so, it skips phases (like you can only go DIRECTLY to Freeza's final);

Stiff and sometimes awkward controls.

No, no, you're right. As long as I can make my custom character go Super Saiyan 3, it's no problem to me, I'll gladly pay 40 bucks to Bandai :P

While I will give you some things i'm going to contest one of these points, the character roster. Yeah we've gone from the whopping 150 characters to less since the PS2 days but I think thats since they care about giving us 50 more unique characters instead of giving us a thousand characters of which 90% of them play the same anyway so while we may have less we have more in the sense that everyone is actually getting their own style to things outside of a different color beam attack and attack animations that might as well have looked the same since they all served the same exact purpose outside of speed. Otherwise I agree on everything else since it does feel like we have been skimping a lot on other things since we moved from the PS2.

Really hoping they fix the controls especially because in a game about fighters flying around and throwing punches at really fast speeds the last thing I wanna feel is like i'm controlling a tank that happens to float -_-

Err... guys. They have always played the same since the very first DBZ games. Mind I remind you this isn't Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter? Do you ever heard someone saying: "my main is Gohan because his fast paced attacks allows bigger combos and his ultimate attack input is easier too".

They were always clones. Every fighter has the same input for their special attacks and combos. The difference was always aesthetic and power level (will get to that later). I really don't know why some people are pretending the otherwise... DBZ was always a pick-up and play kind of fighter, pretty much like Naruto. You can win by mashing a single button.

Hey, even with 150+ characters, Tenkaichi 3 managed to give most of them personality and unique animations that were spot on with the anime. That uniqueness in animation and movement is what makes each one each one. You know young Gohan SS2 attacks are too fuc*ing fast. It's awesome. This aesthetic difference already pays off, because it's nice to look at. It makes you feel good. And there are a lot of characters who don't happen to be different just by the looks. They have their attacks and their ultimate attacks based on the anime. Like Majin Vegeta self-destruction blast. Tell if it isn't awesome to finish your opponent with that attack? People play with characters they like, not with the ones they're good at.

Power levels. Here's the reason why DBZ games were never meant to be complex fighters: it's unballanced as fuc*. But it's on purpose. You can insta kill Satan (or Hercule for americans) with a single kamehameha. Pretty much how it would go in the anime. Nobody expects to kick ass with Satan. He's a dispensable character to the roster? Yes! But I don't mind his inclusion, because it's fun to mess around with him and you can win if you use him right. There are a lot of dispensable characters in Tenkaichi 3's roster? Yes! But it adds variety and they are fun to mess around and piss people off. That way I don't have to play with the same guy everytime... Fun, people. Fun.

And I've played Xenoverse, okay? It's nowhere near as tight and fast as Tenkaichi, not even the first one honestly.

Anyway guys, I'll maintain my opinion that Tenkaichi 3 is by far the most complete and FUN 3D Dragon Ball Z game ever made.

I hate when Dragon Ball games try to be exactly like the show.  I never could get into the Tenkaichi series because of it.

I sure as shit don't think it's fun when I want to play Hercule but really can't since he gets stomped on by every character who isn't him.  It isn't show accurate to have Cell to fight Buu, might as well cut any and all multiplayer modes, hell let's get rid of picking characters when playing solo too.

I just wish we'd get another game like Burst Limit.  The game was rough around the edges and had some balancing issues (dear lord everyone and their mothers picked Vegeta for a reason), but for the most part it was fine and every character felt unique to play as.  It's a shame it didn't get a sequel, because I'd love to see a more polished version of it get released.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jango said:

Err... guys. They have always played the same since the very first DBZ games. Mind I remind you this isn't Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter? Do you ever heard someone saying: "my main is Gohan because his fast paced attacks allows bigger combos and his ultimate attack input is easier too".

They were always clones.

I'm gonna have to stop you right there, Jango. Budokai 1-3, Super DBZ, Burst Limit, Raging Blast, Raging Blast 2, and Xenoverse do try to differentiate the characters more than the Sparking! series ever did. Regarding mains in DBZ games, that isn't entirely uncommon, but most people tend to limit themselves to a handful of characters. 

It's clear to me we have different expectations when it comes to Dragon Ball games. I first and foremost expect the game to have enough depth to maintain my interest. What Xenoverse lacked in gameplay, it made up for in customization and content. With games like BT3, I beat the story and various game modes, which don't really provide all that much variety, in a few hours, and Im done. I'll pick it up a play a few versus matches every now and then, but on the whole it's a pretty shallow experience. I played Xenoverse for 100 or so hours, and while a lot of that can be attributed to the bull shit RNG, I did have a lot more fun playing it than I did BT3. 

Freeza's race is getting the Golden Evolution as a transformation:

Soooooo:

Sayians: SSJ1, SSJ2, SSJ3

Majins: Kid form

Freeza's: Golden

I think this means 100% Namekians and Humans get their own forms too.

My expectations: Humans get Potential Unlocked and Namekians.... I dont know....

4 hours ago, Diamond said:

Soooooo:

Sayians: SSJ1, SSJ2, SSJ3

Majins: Kid form

Freeza's: Golden

I think this means 100% Namekians and Humans get their own forms too.

My expectations: Humans get Potential Unlocked and Namekians.... I dont know....

Namekians get a dying Namekian warrior to fuse with them

Dragon Ball Online has some sorta red-eyed Namekian transformation, so they might get that:

Transformation Showcase!!!

From the looks of it:

Sayians trasnformations power them up

Freeza's transformations give them a new ki blast

Majins transformations give them a spin dash air boost which also hurts enemies(?)

• Thumbs Up 2

So the Majins literally just turn into Pure Boo? I was hoping for at least some distinction beyond color.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whats the name of Bardock's ultimate? Sayian Spirit?(i want to add that move to new CaC moves)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! A new scan has come out, and it reveals 3 NEW CHARACTERS:

• Android 16
  • Imperfect Cell
  • And the wierdest one: TIME BREAKER BARDOCK(DB HEROES)

Video link: 

• Thumbs Up 2

Time Breaker Bardock actually originated from DB Online alongside Towa and Mira, so that's not really a surprise.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah. I forgot, sorry. But now with TB Bardock, do you guys think we will get the entire Team Breaker team( Paella gang, Red Pants Army, Android 19000 and Android 8000, evil Namekians and Majins, and the rest of the Frieza Army) from Dragon Ball Online  at least in the story?

they should just scrape every aspect Dragonball Online had and bring it over, along with Heroes.

Love to fight a mutant spider Cell.

We got even more news.

1. We will be able to transfer data from PS3 to PS4 (like what im gonna do)(this most probably means Xbox360 can too).

2.The yellow ki blast put on the O/B button will be the same for each race as shown in the Transform! video. However, you can customize the chargeable one( Friezas race freeze attack, Slugs/Janembas exploding attack and many more). Rhymestyle said he will make a video about the other ones, so subscribe to him for Xenoverse 2 info if you havent already.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, the new trailer gave us a hint for the Future Trunks storyline.

Spoiler

It looks like Trunks will insist on joining you for a mission to the time the Androids attacked him and Future Gohan. However, he seems to try to save Future Gohan, meaning you have to stop him from interfering with the timeline.

Sorry that i couldnt post the trailer. I was in a trip.

Sooo, they confirmed Nimbus Human and Giant Namekian.

I dont truly like the giant Namekian idea since i see it more of an disadvantage(the only good thing is that you cant get grabbed).

But with this, there's a possibility we: either get Oozarus playable, Sayians can turn into Oozarus, all of these or none.

I expect none, but we'll see.

Also, another thing: we have a Xenoverse 2 Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/454650/

Too bad we cannot preorder yet.