Awoo.

NECA's VideoGame Action Figures

Badnik Mechanic

bfd2cce529f1c170e63628d046e9fac0-650-80.

I have wanted to make this topic for the last two years, only reasons.

Anyway, NECA are a company who make action figures, typically based on cult classic films or iconic pop culture characters. However, they also have this sub brand which makes figures based on classic videogames from the 8bit and 16bit era. 

And they're amazing.

Toy-Fair-2015-NECA-Classic-Video-Game-Se

So far they've done figures based on Rocky, Predator, Batman, Gremlins 2, Robocop Vs Terminator and Alien 3. But they're not the film versions, they're based on the game licenses. So the figures are coloured with pixelated style markings, the packaging for them is also based on the packaging that the game is based on.

I only have one figure at the moment, which is a Robocop from Robocop Vs Terminator, I originally wanted a terminator, but this figure was so well done I had to get it. I've also really liked the look of the Batman, Alien and Gremlin figure, but alas, money.

Anyway, NECA don't pump these out too reguarlly, but they did recently announce their newest license... and it's a good one!

TMNT1-1300x-500x262.jpg

Now one thing I will say about this company, their preview renders tend to be quite bad, but the final products are much better, I originally hated the look of the RVT figures then ended up buying one because I was so impressed with it. 

Anyone else fans of this figure line?

6 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

So far they've done figures based on Rocky, Predator, Batman, Gremlins 2, Robocop Vs Terminator and Alien 3. But they're not the film versions, they're based on the game licenses. So the figures are coloured with pixelated style markings, the packaging for them is also based on the packaging that the game is based on

I buy tonnes of figures, haven't really invested in NECA's 8-bit/16-bit figures. Except for one, Batman. While it's a game based on the 1989 film, the figure sculpt is most definitely based on the film version. It's a really detailed Batman figure with a genuine good Michael Keaton likeness, only the paint job reflects the 8-bit look. I love it.

But it doesn't end there. The boxes man, ugh! Beautiful recreations of the videogame boxes 8D

Though not based on a movie-licensed game, I'm personally excited for their Contra figures that are coming out soon:

1300x-Contra_1024x1024.jpg?v=1449174174

They're based on both the box art AND the sprites, and they look fantastic.

• Thumbs Up 1