Awoo.

Mega Man: Fully Charged

Spin Attaxx

Oh boy, this won't end well.

What's with these cartoons trying to make the game characters edgier looking than they should be.

30 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Why the hell couldn't we have a cartoon about this? 

They mentioned "Ruby-Spear", wasn't it the studio that made original Megaman Cartoon? The one will teenage Roll and Rush-Not-Scooby-Do?

It could've been faithful, but I'm not sure it would be that good.

3 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

They mentioned "Ruby-Spear", wasn't it the studio that made original Megaman Cartoon? The one will teenage Roll and Rush-Not-Scooby-Do?

It could've been faithful, but I'm not sure it would be that good.

As Vizard mentions, this was the pitch for the other, considerably weirder cartoon that we all know and "love" today.  Suffice it to say, they didn't adapt it too strictly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Dantemustdie00 said:

Oh boy, this won't end well.

What's with these cartoons trying to make the game characters edgier looking than they should be.

None of the redesigns end up looking any edgier, they just ending seeming different just for the sake of being different...or trying too hard to differentiate because that matters more than the actual design.

Why Mega Man look like some PBS kids shit

What is this

Why is this

Why are they torturing our souls like this

tumblr_o7skp4OR641v2zpczo1_1280.png

Look at them. Look into their dead, soulless eyes.

I know we're all taking this as an L right now, but let me say I'm ecstatic due to this.

The trifecta is complete, and now the Sonic Boom happening (where we do awful western redesigns of iconic characters no one asked for to pander to super-young children in budget cartoons) is no longer an anomaly. With Pac-Man in The Ghostly Adventures, people thought that it too was just a fluke, where Namco made the ill-fated decision to follow the coattails of the simultaneously in development Boom sub-franchise and do the same thing (and get it out the door before Boom came out, even). Or if it wasn't inspired by Boom being in development, it was an awful coincidence, anyways..

But this sets it in stone. Thanks to Mega Man doing the exact same thing, it's official: it's now a fad. And you know what happens to fads? They die out, remembering it for what the concept truly was (a half-assed marketing grab aimed towards kiddies who know no better), and some people years from now will even feel sick recalling it was even a thing that happened. With the introduction of this show, we've locked it in that the likes of Sonic Boom will be with these other shows, and not remembered as a subfranchise, but as some dumb idea that will pass, and we'll gladly forget about it in about 6-7 years from now.

And I really hate to be that guy (not really), but I'm looking forward to it. Bring on the mediocrity! It'll be a good laugh. BV

• Thumbs Up 8

Cool design, not so cool art.

Me, being the optimist I am, will give this a shot. But, it sounds kinda mediocre.

I wonder how it'll compare to the Mighty No. 9 cartoon?

11 minutes ago, Azoo said:

tumblr_o7skp4OR641v2zpczo1_1280.png

Look at them. Look into their dead, soulless eyes.

I know we're all taking this as an L right now, but let me say I'm ecstatic due to this.

The trifecta is complete, and now the Sonic Boom happening (where we do awful western redesigns of iconic characters no one asked for to pander to super-young children in budget cartoons) is no longer an anomaly. With Pac-Man in The Ghostly Adventures, people thought that it too was just a fluke, where Namco made the ill-fated decision to follow the coattails of the simultaneously in development Boom sub-franchise and do the same thing (and get it out the door before Boom came out, even). Or if it wasn't inspired by Boom being in development, it was an awful coincidence, anyways..

But this sets it in stone. Thanks to Mega Man doing the exact same thing, it's official: it's now a fad. And you know what happens to fads? They die out, remembering it for what the concept truly was (a half-assed marketing grab aimed towards kiddies who know no better), and some people years from now will even feel sick recalling it was even a thing that happened. With the introduction of this show, we've locked it in that the likes of Sonic Boom will be with these other shows, and not remembered as a subfranchise, but as some dumb idea that will pass, and we'll gladly forget about it in about 6-7 years from now.

And I really hate to be that guy (not really), but I'm looking forward to it. Bring on the mediocrity! It'll be a good laugh. BV

Actually Ghostly Adventures was announced back in E3 2010 way before we knew of Sonic Boom. And too be honest I think Boom's redesigns aren't that bad I have some minor issues(sports tape on shoes and Knuckles) but besides that it's fine but I don't think that it's going to be a fad it's here to stay. Maybe the TV show might die out but this aspect of the franchise isn't going anywhere. With Mega Man if this is going to have the NT Warrior/Battle Network effect they'll reference it here and there but nothing major. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I still hold strongly to believing Boom's pretty crap (despite the show's decent execution) and shouldn't have happened at all and I'll be glad to see in the next 5-10 years people seeing 25th anniversary merch going "wait what the hell was that?", so call me a bit on the biased side lmao. 

Heh funny I'm in the opposite opinion but I strongly agree that Boom never should of happened and it literally has no point in existing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly like Sonic Boom's Boom Knuckles & Boom Eggman designs over the normal ones, and I like Sticks... after that I don't really care... I kinda wish just those few things could be saved from it if Boom dies later.

As far as this kinda meh new Megaman design... I don't think it's.... that terrible... but it's not great or anything either, and won't be missed once it goes away later.

Oh no, ANOTHER Mega Man. Mega Man MOA? Mega Man Lite?

What I wanted was a perfectly good adaptation of Mega Man X in the vein of the 2003 Ninja Turtles, with all the plot holes fixed and a better fate for Iris, fitting more with Maverick Hunter X. This adaptation would have covered every MMX game including Command Mission and the X-Treme series. It would have been glorious. Instead we got Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures part deux.

I'm starting to think that at least Sonic Boom is better because it is unique compared to Pac-Man and Mega Man's shows. It's pretty genuine with adult appeal, too, as I suppose this Mega Man will be just doofy homages instead of true adult jokes.

Ugh. Soon we'll get a Zelda show that's pretty much Dora the Explorer for elementary school kids and nerds, to match the current games and their gameplay. Street Fighter Go, because the first show was unintentionally hilarious. Banjo-Kazooie in a badly-done surrealist show, a broken version of Uncle Grandpa.

@ Azoo. Exactly. Peace out, man. This fad won't last.

It's almost as if Capcom saw the bullshit Inafune was doing with Mighty Number 9 and went ''Ha, we can do better than that!''

What was wrong with Megaman X? why can't they just use him

however if this series happens to show zero,

1. If he looks cool i will watch this series only for him

2. If he looks like crap i will do this to capcom

l.jpg

Wow that's a lot of flame.

People, I know it looks bad, but let's stay positive. I remember other popular super hero that got CGI cartoon, where he was turned into a teenager in school, which pissed everyone. Ever heard about Iron Man Armored Adventures? I'll tell you right now that it wasn't exactly Tony Stark you know from comics, DEFINITELY not the one from movies. But the cartoon was really damn good (firs season anyway).

Also, My Life as Teenage Robot has exactly the same premise and people seemed to like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

IGN had a pic with Mega Mini in it:

mega-man-and-mega-mini-reveal-exclusive-

Looks kinda annoying....but does he live in Mega Man's helmet!?

why.

Who.

Who thought any of this was OK? Who thought any of this was what people demanded? Why is "Mega Mini" a thing? Why are we seeing this thing before Rush, or Beat, or Roll, or any other character whom people would actually care about?

Nope.

Nope nope nope nope

I can see where this is going with Mega Mini.

We aren't going there

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

ALL OF THE NOPES

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like it's going to be another mediocre adaptation. Like I mentioned in the statuses, the design looks like something you'd see from one of those Pakistani McDonald's toy commercials; and I'm not impressed they're pigeonholing the series into the generic "high school AU" scenario (OK, it's not exactly that scenario per se, but that definitely sounds like that's the approach they are going with) rather than something closer in tone / narrative to the series. Then again, this is MoA, who has done the Ben 10 sequel series (which are of...varying reception and quality, to say the least), so I guess I can't say I'm too surprised.

4 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

Thank you twitter 

CjZJDsbXIAAGhW3.jpg

Late to the party, but I redid it to match up to the original picture (with a few additions of my own ;^) ):

WZf48KN.png

• Thumbs Up 1

So it's Mega Man Star Force if it took place in the robot continuity? Doesn't sound that off-putting, because that's what I'm getting from reading that synopsis.

...I think it looks ok.

The new design looks fine, maybe it the drawing isn't the best but I think it looks nice. A Tron-like look seems to work with Mega Man just fine.

The set up isn't too surprising, I mean it seems pretty typical and stuff so not too shocked about it.

I can see this be a pretty enjoyable show so yeah.

*leaves, carrying a cup filled with salty tears*