Awoo.

Mega Man: Fully Charged

Spin Attaxx

24 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

He has a biting, often rude sense of humor, and he's funny as heck*.

and he's funny as heck. AND HE'S FUNNY AS HECK.

No, no he's not. You're not fooling anyone, writers.

• Absolutely 1

Those summaries of Mega, and Mini sound like the most Man Of Action things ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, no Namagem?

It is somewhat hilarious they are spoiling the entire identity of the villian. Like, "half-robot human" "vengence against the Light family" reveal could've made an entire arc or season.

There are so many questions, but for now I'm very much hoping they will go into detail about Suna's origin. I mean there's like, a 5% chance we'll see "Mrs. Light".

"Maybe if we TELL them he's funny, they'll buy it!" - Man of Action...probably....?

• Absolutely 2

Sgt. Night sounds like the edgiest fan character ever.

Literally everything about his backstory sounds so... Out of place and unnecessarially trying too hard to look dark and eeevil.

Just now, Ratcicle King said:

Sgt. Night sounds like the edgiest fan character ever.

Literally everything about his backstory sounds so... Out of place and unnecessarially trying too hard to look dark and eeevil.

We went from Wily having a ego issue that created genuine complexes and doubts about the road he was taking, only to justify it to himself later, as well as having limits (Worlds Collide specifically having him go against Eggman when the latter tried to kill Light). Now we just edgy McGeneral who hates robots just cuz (in fact is it me or does he sound like a shittier Xander from Archie MM?)

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

We went from Wily having a ego issue that created genuine complexes and doubts about the road he was taking, only to justify it to himself later, as well as having limits (Worlds Collide specifically having him go against Eggman when the latter tried to kill Light). Now we just edgy McGeneral who hates robots just cuz (in fact is it me or does he sound like a shittier Xander from Archie MM?)

Pretty much a shittier Xander, yeah.

Only while Xander was created to correct a glaring plot hole in the long run(Everyone believing the ''Mr. X'' thing), this guy is played straight and has a backstory that sounds too edgy even for Mega Man X

"You are so going down!"

"No, you are so going down!"

"I'm not going down, I'm downing you downtown down!"

"As if! When I'm done downing you, you'll be uptown from downtown...down!"

"You know how ridiculous you look with your loser face?"

"Not as loser as you look with your ridiculous face!"

Someone actually wrote this......Someone got paid for writing this.......Producers looked at this and approved it for production....

If someone presented to me for approval a script with this dialogue in it I'd throw the script in that guy's face.

Holy crap.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 2

1 hour ago, pppp said:

Someone actually wrote this......Someone got paid for writing this.......Producers looked at this and approved it for production....

If someone presented to me for approval a script with this dialogue in it I'd throw the script in that guy's face.

Holy crap.

Yeah, despite all my tolerance of this show so far, I will freely admit that part was pretty lame.

4 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

It is somewhat hilarious they are spoiling the entire identity of the villian. Like, "half-robot human" "vengence against the Light family" reveal could've made an entire arc or season.

I mean, they didn't let us in on all the little details-- like why he's part-machine or why he wants payback on the Lights, or even this "forgotten conflict" his bio talks about. We'll probably learn more as the show progresses.

Anyway, I like how these bios turned out. We finally have a good sense of what these characters are gonna be like (though outright saying Mega Mini is "funny as heck" doesn't convince anyone-- in fact, one could say it speaks to the opposite case).

Also, here's another clip:

they didn't even title it correctly

It's like they took every aspect of the characters' personalities and thought "how can we completely flip this on it's head?" Seriously, they're veering so far off-course from who these characters are, it's almost insulting.

And wait, Dr. Light isn't even supposed to KNOW Aki is Mega Man? Who the heck gave Aki his Mega Man powers then? This is...gah, just so wrong.

I don't feel like Mega Man and "being embarrassed at school" should be apart of the same sentence.

Oh boy this really is just gonna be generic hero trying to be a normal kid show isn't it. 

Those clips are alright. The fight scenes are decent and I think the concept of one of Mega Man's powers going haywire and affecting his daily life is amusing. I also like in the second Fire Man clip that he tries to reason with him, making me think the show might be injecting more of these morals but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

This show is weird but I'm not feeling any strong hate for it like everyone else here seems to. The more footage I see from it, the more vibes I get that remind me of the American Astro Boy movie, of all things - just with more overt comedic dialogue. That movie had mixed quality but I liked it ultimately because it somehow managed to keep some of Astro Boy's essence through and through. Dr. Light seems like a good character here, and Sgt. Night sounds a lot better than I initially imagined he would be just by going by that bio description alone. I'm hoping they have that Dr. Ochanomizu/Tenma vibe that has the potential to add some relatively serious weight to the story later on.

3 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

It's like they took every aspect of the characters' personalities and thought "how can we completely flip this on it's head?" Seriously, they're veering so far off-course from who these characters are, it's almost insulting.

And wait, Dr. Light isn't even supposed to KNOW Aki is Mega Man? Who the heck gave Aki his Mega Man powers then? This is...gah, just so wrong.

I mean... what else do you have to go off? If you just look at the games themselves, and not any supplemental material, then there's hardly any dialogue and robot masters show absolutely zero personality

This isn't meant to be a direct adaptation of the game continuity, more of its own thing with mostly different characters, and this isn't even the most blatant example of character personalities being outright thrown out the window. Proto Man was a laid back helpful behind-the-scenes guy whereas ProtoMan.EXE is smug and aloof and couldn't give two shits about helping you unless it helps his own agenda. Bass is a cocky and arrogant jackass who isn't as strong as he makes himself out to be whereas Bass.EXE is cold, calculating, and lacking empathy for any and all forms of life. The cartoon is its own thing, and I'm not seeing why it's so sacrilegious that it's trying to do its own thing with the franchise

• Thumbs Up 6

6 hours ago, Sean said:

This isn't meant to be a direct adaptation of the game continuity, more of its own thing with mostly different characters, and this isn't even the most blatant example of character personalities being outright thrown out the window. Proto Man was a laid back helpful behind-the-scenes guy whereas ProtoMan.EXE is smug and aloof and couldn't give two shits about helping you unless it helps his own agenda. Bass is a cocky and arrogant jackass who isn't as strong as he makes himself out to be whereas Bass.EXE is cold, calculating, and lacking empathy for any and all forms of life. The cartoon is its own thing, and I'm not seeing why it's so sacrilegious that it's trying to do its own thing with the franchise

My problem is not that it's taking liberties with the source material, it's that it's horribly written. To me any script that has this in it:

11 hours ago, pppp said:

"You are so going down!"

Needs to be thrown into a fireplace to burn and restarted from scratch and the writer fired for being incompetent.

...eh. I actually find that exchange somewhat more charming than half the bullshit I was forced to listen to in Mega Man X7.

Mega Man is no stranger to garbage writing. Battle Network 4, Mega Man X6 (and 5 to a lesser extent), the first ZX, Mega Man 8... I can go on.

Just now, Sean said:

...eh. I actually find that exchange somewhat more charming than half the bullshit I was forced to listen to in Mega Man X7.

Mega Man is no stranger to garbage writing.

That's no excuse. The fact that Mega Man had plenty garbage writing before is even more of a reason why this should not be tolerated. If we don't keep our standards high and just eat up whatever we're basically saying it's ok to not try to have good writing.

well... no, it's more like I don't care and I'm not the target audience for this show, and I have Mega Man 11 to keep me happy so I don't have to get angry about this unrelated thing that is going to have absolutely no bearing on the franchise itself or any aspect of it in the future

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

Huh, so Megaman also get's the Top Spin from Drill-man too? A bold choice.

10 hours ago, SupMyDudes said:

If anyone here cares, ten episodes are out already...yes, tenhttps://t.co/RC42M3J8PU?amp=1

Unfortunate that I don't have a CN account. ....That's how you watch them right?

I'm not that interested in watching it (yet), but I do want to see what "Hydro Woman" and other enemies look like.

EDIT: I took a screenshot of the opening, right before the title shows up (which is why Fireman is in the background)

116139917_Screenshot2018-08-03at10_00_13.png.cb161b0d9ddb836b8ec78118d4a16d5d.png

I'm guessing the grey bot on the right is Auto, and the little white-blue one next to Suna is Eddie??? Apparently the girl in glasses is gonna be important too.

Here's another classic boss: Wave Man!

So he went from being highly emotional and designed to take over water treatment plants to a lonely neat-freak.

...Huh. Somehow that doesn't seem as drastic as previous changes. Figures that the Robot Master who's closest to normal is from one of the weakest games.

"what are you, bath man?!" 

"DO I LOOK LIKE A BATHTUB?!" 

Top tier writing.

On 7/31/2018 at 6:43 PM, pppp said:

"You are so going down!"

Holy crap.

Seems a bit generous to leave it suffering, even for script as bad as 

On 7/31/2018 at 6:43 PM, pppp said:

"You are so going down!"

If were in charge of this and saw this, I'd tear to pieces like a wild animal-with my hands and teeth-and chuck it out the window. 

I really wanted to see the new robots so I decided to search around.

DjtqFElU0AAdWcw.thumb.jpg.1e3fbf577dbe1bd3857a3b157b9ab5ae.jpg

This is Hypno Woman. Transformation is not exclusive to Aki, apparently?? (she disguises as Light's date)

DjtGgdnX0AEd5nK.thumb.jpg.ac763a389fb9e796f4dcc100efaf7197.jpg

This is Blasto Woman. What a surprise. Idk why there's an "o" at the end.

1872752005_Screenshot2018-08-04at02_00.09-Edited.png.10d46c18ede8d75190d82386faa23079.png

Oh yeah the yellow sphere-bot is Airman. Why'd they change him so much???

Also....

So Light's old friend and rival is a clumsy kid now, replaced by the cartoon's original villain.

7 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

1872752005_Screenshot2018-08-04at02_00.09-Edited.png.10d46c18ede8d75190d82386faa23079.png

Oh yeah the yellow sphere-bot is Airman. Why'd they change him so much???

Does he look anything like this?

Image result for Mega man air man

Why oh why did they change him the most? Did the animation team bother to look him up?