Awoo.

Mega Man: Fully Charged

Spin Attaxx

Lot of new clips:

Hypno Woman:

(ugh) Ice Man:

New Fire Man clip:

Also, extremely low quality, but the intro has surfaced, and it's different from the "IT'S MEGA TIME" intro

Is it me or is Bert's voice by the same actor that plays Aki? The voices sound the same.

New clip, shows another original robot mistress, Blasto Woman.

And also, she happens to be one of the worst designs we've seen yet.

42 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

New clip, shows another original robot mistress, Blasto Woman.

And also, she happens to be one of the worst designs we've seen yet.

Between that awful design and the kid's nose constantly running, I was actually starting to gag.

But hey- At least that other new chick didn't turn out to be Vesper Woman! That's something, right?

Another clip with another original character. Hypno Woman.

And yes, she is the one that looked like a bad Vesper Woman design.

Yes. She's got a horrid design.

22 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

If anyone is able to watch it early, can they confirm this:

881620116_Screenshot2018-08-05at16_32_24.png.d2dc0643882c3bfb54eb277e73529444.png

So. "Sgt. Breaker Night" and "Bert Wily"

Yeah, that's Night's first name. But I don't think it's meant to be a Proto Man callback.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:56 PM, Sean said:

well... no, it's more like I don't care and I'm not the target audience for this show, and I have Mega Man 11 to keep me happy so I don't have to get angry about this unrelated thing that is going to have absolutely no bearing on the franchise itself or any aspect of it in the future

Perhaps it's a little late to point this out but I have observed a growing trend of mundane animations being tied to a video game franchise infecting the original source material. The earliest I can recall is Sonic X and the annoying voice actors fiasco. That can be considered good or bad, depending on who you ask.

While I liked the Sonic Boom TV show, I found the games tied to it pretty dull.

...Also...

cover_large.jpg

*shudders*

But...yeah, while the odds that it wont effect the games are probably high. It's in no way a guarantee. That's pretty much all what I wanted to say.

...And even though I am only casually aware of Megaman and his adventures, even I find the designs of the characters in this show...crappy. Plus...well...rock without roll is absurd!?

• Thumbs Up 3

Here's Air Man (MASSIVE air quotes):

And look, they actually referenced the meme. You'd think if they did thirty seconds of research, they'd instead prioritize making him look like Air Man. But nah, MEMES, am I right?!

A shoutout to a legendary Mega Man fan song (lending weight to the fact yes Mega Man fans are making this show) sucks because... the design is different?
Somehow I doubt there'd be this kind of anger if it were dropped in like, Battle Network. Where the design is still different. I'll take it over Sanic T-Shirts any time of day, because Can't Defeat Air Man is the good shit. 

I don't really dig the redesign either, but that's a really stretchy way to complain about fan work references. 

Anyways, I quite like that remix of Air Man's theme. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Tracker_TD said:

A shoutout to a legendary Mega Man fan song sucks because... the design is different?
Somehow I doubt there'd be this kind of anger if it were dropped in like, Battle Network. Where the design is still different. I'll take it over Sanic T-Shirts any time of day, because Can't Defeat Air Man is the good shit. 

There's nothing wrong with the reference itself. And it has worked before:

latest?cb=20120313160302

The problem is that these writers decided that making that reference was more important than making Air Man remotely resemble Air Man. Whereas this Archie issue kept him intact and just put that quote in as a bonus to long-time fans.

7 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

latest?cb=20120313160302

The problem is that these writers decided that making that reference was more important than making Air Man remotely resemble Air Man. Whereas this Archie issue kept him intact and just put that quote in as a bonus to long-time fans.

The writers write. They don't design. Capiche? 

Also when are people going to see all these differences and realise this isn't supposed to be a straight adaptation of Classic Mega Man? "It's not got enough differences, so anyway let's complain about all the differences." I think we've hit this imaginary threshold of differences to take it as something separate a la Battle Network by now. Arguably even moreso. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, finally watched that first 2 parter. Here are my extensive thought

Spoiler

It's terrible

Alright, a bit more

Spoiler

Let's start with few positives.

- While I would prefer Roll over Tsuna, I get why they made this change. She's a human (simple message about human/robot harmony, but works), if you start messing with character, might as well go full way.
- Principle being a giant is great quirky idea. If writers have any brain, he's not just a school, he IS a school, transformer style. It would be great for simple comedy.
"Aki, Light, go see the principle!" "But teacher, we're inside the principle" "Well, go to nearest wall or something"
- We're actually sticking to the main theme of Megaman. Heck, they even beat the first villain with 'working together', that's admirable.
- The idea of 'personality copying' could be interesting. It requires each robot to have distinct personality. Still, I worry they will waste it or use for bad comedy.

Good? Now let''s talk trash
- Animation is tolerable at best, too much Tron neon lines. Pixel bits just feel random. Confusing to newcomers, reminding-of-better-things to veterans.
- Main intro sucks. Why so many cartoons these days go lazy on intros? How is Powerpuff Girls Reboot one of best?
- Comedy is ManOfAction-wise-cracks at it worst. Mega Mini's main role seems to exist just to "help" with bad jokes.
- Time will tell if Night will be any interesting villain, but so far he seems to go the worst way possible. He's not hilariously nut like Xander (Archie Megam) or charismatic villain with a point like Magneto, he's either dumb hypocrat or generic "haha, I'm evil. I just pretended to hate robots to cause war and somehow take over the city".

- And overall about the first episode... it's just meh. They cram so  much exposition, and yet we know so little (What was this war about? If Light doesn't know about Megaman, then who gave him this armor? Or Mega Mini?) Lesson is reeeally heavy handed and fight with Fireman just took for ever. Why even put "Bert" in this episode when he doesn't do anything, just annoys veterans?

16 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

latest?cb=20120313160302

Personally I don't like Meme overuse. It keeps me out of experience.

Here I am, trying to get immerse into story and characters, when suddenly someone says "It's no use" or something like that.

"That's weird phrasing. Why they did that?" I think. And then my brain goes "Cause they referencing old game, cause this is just a fiction based on other fiction, definitely not real characters with real problems and struggles."

Not to mention it just seems like you don't believe your work is good on it's own and must rely on it's history to be popular.

24 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Also when are people going to see all these differences and realise this isn't supposed to be a straight adaptation of Classic Mega Man? "It's not got enough differences, so anyway let's complain about all the differences." I think we've hit this imaginary threshold of differences to take it as something separate a la Battle Network by now. Arguably even moreso. 

That's the problem.

The show is trying to be it's own thing but also trying to desperately shove as many forced references to the classic games as possible.

We've seen plenty of clips, and all of them were literally new stuff with random forced references that no one would get but fans of classic, who aren't even the audience for this. 

I don't like what I see and I agree the show isn't for me, which is why I kept my complaining to a minimum, but that'd be as if every episode of Boom involved them referencing Sonic 1-3. It'd be cheap and make no sense because it's a big disconnect from this new adaptation compared to the original source, making the show look like it lacks identity and direction.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

"When it comes to your powers, I'm a fan!"

Oh boy, we've really just hit Batman & Robin levels of shitty puns now haven't we.

This show's original robot master designs are horrendous. They don't even look like robot masters. They just look like generic humanoid robots that you'd see in virtually any other cartoon.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

"When it comes to your powers, I'm a fan!"

Oh boy, we've really just hit Batman & Robin levels of shitty puns now haven't we.

Amusingly, Roll used the same pun on Air Man in the 90s cartoon.

Remember how everyone said the 6:00 AM timeslot would kill the show?

Should go without saying that it's CN's lowest premiere ratings all year. All of 2017 too. And 2016. Probably 2015, 2014, 2013...

Looks like that charge won't last too long.

Exactly how I feared this would go down. CN just stomps on any cartoon that isn't theirs or WB's.

It makes me mad. A lot of third-party shows they aired don't deserve this (especially not Sonic Boom). Say what you will about Fully Charged, but this is still an injustice in my eyes.

3 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

I'd be lying if I was """shocked""".

I know this is gonna sound arbitrary, but is it okay that the title be changed to “Because what the f*ck is a Dr. Wahwee, anyway?”?

21 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

OUCH. Combination of its lhot including its terrible impressions probably  

So Guts-Man's ass is also made it into the show.

It's in no way dated or tired. No sir.

Edit: Oh cool they also have art from past games art too. Like X2's Boxart.

• Thumbs Up 1