Awoo.

Mega Man: Fully Charged

Spin Attaxx

11 hours ago, DabigRG said:

So, since it’s been a while enough, idk-maybe-whocares, I guess I’ll drop a few questions:

Has much happened/developed story-wise beyond Negaman being a recurring villain?

Not really.  They continue on with the arcs of some of the minor antagonists in the show, but not much else.

What’s the deal with Suna, if it’s been exposited thus far?

She's just Dr. Light's daughter as far as we know.

Has any character besides Sergeant Racism, the Principal, and Woodman been given any backstory and/or motivational arc?

Most of the robot masters kind of give their backstory when we meet them.  They grow and develop a bit as the show goes on.  They gave Air Man some depth in one of the newest episodes though.

Is there any indication as to what Sergeant Racism's agenda is?

He's mentioned recently that he wants to take over the city I think.  Guess he's trying to divide the robots and humans so they don't join together against him or something.

Where did Miniman come from?

Don't think it's been mentioned yet.

Has that Chronicle-xxe character from the concept art shown up?

Her name's Chaotique and she's just a robot prankster who dislikes humans.

What canonical Robot Masters have been introduced thus far? Who are the originals?

Fire, Drill, Wave, Elec, Guts, Wood, Air, Ice, Junk and Cut are the returning ones so far.

Hypno Woman, Blasto Woman, and Chemistry Man are the originals I think.

---------------------------

On 3/9/2019 at 8:05 PM, Perkilator said:

In today’s Motobug stream of the Ruby Spears cartoon, I just found out that Cut Man went straight back to being a villain in a later episode.

It was kind of a strange episode all around to be honest.  Aki goes straight paranoid "what the heck is he up to this time" mode despite personally knowing Chauncy before he became Cut Man and was there when Cut Man accepted Dr. Light's help.  Like, Cut Man relapsing back into his perfectionist tendencies is fine, it took Ice Man some time to get over his own quirks after all, but the way tension was built in that episode before Cut Man did anything was really bizarre.

I still like the show.  It has some really great character moments, and the action is pretty decent overall.  It's a shame it has trouble connecting Point A to Point B sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I audibly laughed at that.

...Are...are you serious?

Not really but I admit that I had rushed my answer a bit.

This time I'll take my time to answer some of your questions.

20 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Has much happened/developed story-wise beyond Negaman being a recurring villain?

Not too much I assume.

What’s the deal with Suna, if it’s been exposited thus far?

Dr. Light's daughter and Aki's human sister.

Has any character besides Sergeant Racism, the Principal, and Woodman been given any backstory and/or motivational arc?

Well, Chemistry Man's backstory is that he was a teacher called Mr.NRT, before he got sacked for being boring with his lectures, Drill Man's backstory on the other hand,  he wanted to be a musician, but his dad (do not ask how it's possible for a robot to have kids) wanted him in the family business, poor sod just wanted to play a musical insturment.

I could go on with the others but...

Where did Miniman come from?

I don't really know tbh, I think he was built with Aki or something?

Has that Chronicle-xxe character from the concept art shown up?

What canonical Robot Masters have been introduced thus far? Who are the originals?

For the second to last question, that character became Chaotique, the prankster, not Top Man robot

For the last one, the originals are Hypno Woman, Blasto Woman and Chemistry Man.

The returning orginals are Fire Man, Drill Man, Wave Man, Ice Man, Air Man, Guts Man, Elec Man, Wood Man, Junk Man and Cut Man.

There is one question I have.

Where or when did Sergeant Dickhead get the abilty to turn into Lord Obsibion?

• 1 month later...

Well only 9 episodes to go now for season 1, so what can we excpect for the season finale (If it gets a second season)?

Most likely some sort of climactic fight between Mega Man and Obsidian (possibly Namagem, too).

But like you said, we still have a few more episodes in the pipeline. I think there'll be a few revelations leading up to the big finale. Hell, I hear the episode after next will have some lore.

And quite honestly, the developments of the latest aired episode have me interested.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, 5 more episodes to go, and by the looks on the episode titles, this is where shit gets real.

For anyone still following this show, remember: in addition to Sunday's episode at 6:30 AM EST, the following four episodes will be aired Monday through Thursday at 12:00 PM EST.

These are the last five episodes of the season, by the way, so get ready for the you-know-what to hit the fan.

So, the season finale aired today (well, yesterday and today, if you count both parts), and it was pretty awesome to watch.

If this show gets another season, I'll be coming back for more.

I'm not gonna watch, but I hear positive reaction from people. That's nice.

...Well except for the "we already knew the big reveal" reaction. I've heard that Namagem's identity was supposed to be kept secret, which makes sense.

But then, I'm sure anyone will figure out with that name.

• Nice Smile 1

Yeah, I will freely admit that took a bit away from it. Would have hit harder that way.

Finished watching all the eps. Well this show is still crap and deserves its fate of fading into obscurity. Aside from the once again terrible humor that relies almost entirely on lazy puns and lame single episode storylines here's a few complaints:

- Namagem is quite possibly the shittiest rival antagonist ever, he always gets defeated incredibly easily, rendering any sort of tension during his attacks moot. Hell even Obsidian keeps calling him useless.

- Aki is an insufferable protagonist cause of one giant problem: He never actually grows as an individual. Yes he always has a "I learned something today" moment at the end of each episode but it never reflects in the following episodes. I genuinely lost count of how many lessons in humility he goes through only to start acting like an arrogant dickhead again the very next episode. This makes most episodes a waste of time.

-Dr. Light is a complete moron who could have prevented alot of problems over the course of the entire series if he handled things differently. Most of what goes wrong over the course of the show is his fault, either directly or indirectly.

I could list more, but it would require getting into spoilers. The main problem however is the lack of meaningful character development. The whole "Family" theme that the final episodes go for fall flat cause neither Suna or Light(I already went through Aki's issue) ever really go through any kind of character arc that fleshes them out to make us invested in them. Seriously aside from being a generic science nerd smart alec archetype what character traits does she have? I'm not saying I want a character study of these people but if you want me to care for their lives in the 2 part finale you need to have them rise above annoying cocky brat, typical know-it-all girl and generic dad that spends most time off screen(His idiocy that I already mentioned doesn't help either).

This cartoon is not a Sonic Boom situation where a decent to good show was screwed over by CN, yes CN's usual bullcrap didn't help, but Sonic Boom still garnered a small but dedicated fanbase, but pratically everyone doesn't care for Fully Charged. To give you an idea, usual Scene Groups(For those unfamiliar, people that record and put shows and movies on the internet that get either downloaded via torrent or viewed on websites for that purpose) always kept putting up Sonic Boom eps right after airing, but after episode 26 they just stopped doing it for Fully Charged altogether despite even Youtube perfectly allowing full episodes on it with no limits. That should tell you something.

Fully Charged is a failure. I'm not saying there was no effort put into it in any capacity, the voice actors in particular tried hard to sell the awful writing, but the production crew was plain incompetent in how they constructed the show.

Want to watch a much better Super-Hero show? Watch the Big Hero 6 Series.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 3

• 1 month later...

Actually, the first season ended back in May, and there hasn’t been any announcement of an incoming second season, so who knows? Maybe it’ll be announced at a later date or the show will be straight up over.

(It’s most likely the latter)

• Absolutely 1

• 1 month later...

Oh yeah, I was literally just reminded of this show : Did Negaman turn eventually good? I remember seeing a bit of an episode's end where Megaman was in his nightmare or something.

• 5 months later...

Apparently, there are some new developments on a possible second season in the pipeline:

In this article about the toys being discontinued (not a good sign, that), Brian says "it's neither good nor bad news... just interesting news."

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Oh, this is back.

@SonicWindHow did this show do with actual kids, btw?

Can't say I've looked into that, so I have no clue.

5 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

welp

Honestly, I can't help but feel disappointed.

Good riddance. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't deserve a season 2.

21 hours ago, SonicWind said:

welp

Honestly, I can't help but feel disappointed.

No shock there for what was a terrible show.

The only thing I'm going to eventually remember this show for is the idiotic decision to turn Wily into Aki's best friend, and then try to play coy every single time they referenced that the embarrassing terrible "Bert Wily" was in fact - the iconic series antagonist, as if celebrating the fact they ruined one of the most iconic video game villains of all time is a good thing.  

• Absolutely 1

At this point, I’m pretty sure everybody else including Capcom themselves had completely forgotten this show even existed, so yeah. The fact there isn’t going to be a second season isn’t the least bit surprising.

On 1/11/2020 at 2:28 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The only thing I'm going to eventually remember this show for is the idiotic decision to turn Wily into Aki's best friend, and then try to play coy every single time they referenced that the embarrassing terrible "Bert Wily" was in fact - the iconic series antagonist, as if celebrating the fact they ruined one of the most iconic video game villains of all time is a good thing.  

What, did they imply that he would indeed become him or something? 

On 5/26/2016 at 11:53 AM, Jeffhog said:

But hey, at least we got were...lions?

Context?