Awoo.

Mega Man: Fully Charged

Spin Attaxx

Before the premiere, we've got some new artwork of Aki with his alter ego (And I threw in a clearer render of that group shot from before, so we can really see how ugly the new Robot Masters are):

Spoiler

mega-man-fully-charged.jpg

DiY_OjPWAAIQxl_.jpg:large

Still have no clue who those two at the top are. They've gotta be new.

WHY DOES ICE MAN HAVE A FRINGE NOW

Also, Aki is insanely fucking generic.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 2

7 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Mega Man: Fully Charged officially premieres on Cartoon Network August 5th.

That's sooner than I expected. Let's just hope it doesn't completely suck.

August 5th is a Sunday.

Let me guess, it's getting the time slot right after Adult Swim is off the air for the night?

This one might deserve the early morning Boom death slot, honestly. There's so much change for change's sake and the aesthetic is just...uncomfortable. It's not even a Thundercats Roar-type thing, it's weirdly stuck between wanting to be anime and wanting to be a Dreamworks netflix series, and has the worst visual aspects of both. It's not impossible that really great writing and direction could save it, but I don't see that happening since it's not like Flynn's on board historically Megaman's never exactly been an expertly-written narrative...at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

At least other forms of Mega Man media, including the games, kept Rock himself unique. Like him keeping his massive boots even as a regular kid.

But this? Generic as heeeeeccccckkkkk.

If the show turns out to be kinda good, then that's alright, but it's still not a Mega Man show, except in name only.

1 hour ago, Balding Spider said:

Aww man... Ice man looks really creepy to me now. Why?

Freaky hairstyle.

9 hours ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

At least other forms of Mega Man media, including the games, kept Rock himself unique. Like him keeping his massive boots even as a regular kid.

But this? Generic as heeeeeccccckkkkk.

If the show turns out to be kinda good, then that's alright, but it's still not a Mega Man show, except in name only.

Freaky hairstyle.

And the bug eyes, and his mouth, and the narrow pupils.

Who's ready for more redesigns?!

Spoiler

36824685_215848459074306_6094103880541405184_n.jpg

IMG_9371_1024x1024.JPG

RIP Rush, Cut Man, and Elec Man

These are officially-licensed posters from today's SDCC, so although they're highly stylized, these are the final designs.

*ahem*

WHY DOES CUT MAN LOOK LIKE A HUMAN ROBOT MASTER WITH ORANGE HAIR NOW?!

HOW DO YOU GET THAT FROM THIS:

latest?cb=20100507233259

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are the robots' artstyle all over the place? Fire, Dive, Drill are pretty consistent, and Elec is close enough to fit in, but...

Everyone else. Megamini(TM), Ladybot, YellowAirman, YellowJetman, Cutman and EdgyBlackbot looks like they all came from a separate franchise.

Also the tiny blue bot on the left of second image looks like Flashman with a bit of Jupiter.

i feel so bothered that rush recieved the least amount of design changes out of them all

...Well hey, at least the good doggo doesn't suffer the worst.

...I might be way overthinking this, but it's possible that Sergeant Night's design is referencing Dr. Wily.  He has a robo-moustache, those fins on the sides of his head can be interpreted as analogous to Wily's tufts of hair, and the profile of his upper head forms a vague W-shape.  I'm probably reading too much into it, though.

Still looks more faithful than the original 90s Mega Man cartoon, but not by much.

And considering how unfaithful the 90s Mega Man cartoon was, that's pretty darn sad.

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

This show is a fucking travesty. 

>Annoying squeaky voice

>Awkward animation

>Cringe-inducing writing

>Cliche' premise

>Bad redesigns

Seems like we're getting another Ghostly Adventures-tier cartoon here. Good thing everyone will be too busy enjoying Mega Man 11 and Smash ultimate to care.

I mean it's not bad. It looks perfectly ok nothing offensive. Like it I can't get mad at this in the slightest just your typical run in the mill kids show. I guess since we're getting Mega Man 11 and a tease of X9 it softens the blow by a lot. Still looks better than Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures and Sonic Boom

Eh. At least it uses the Mega Man 2 theme song, if nothing else.

...meh.

It does look a lot better in motion, but the environments really lack detail and some of the animations and especially the camerawork are rather stiff.  But when you're not equipped with the time and money like Star Wars: The Clone Wars is, then something usually has to give.

It seems pretty inoffensive though.  I think kids'll enjoy it if they ever get the chance to watch it.

I wonder who's voicing mega Man/Aki tho. He sort of sounded like Steven Universe for a moment.

Some of the animation looks weird. Ice man looks a lot cartoony than the other bots.

Preview of episode 1:

Still don't think too highly of this show, but I will admit the sprite animations are kinda neat. Though it'd be better if they actually resembled the games.

14 hours ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

I wonder who's voicing mega Man/Aki tho. He sort of sounded like Steven Universe for a moment.

Some of the animation looks weird. Ice man looks a lot cartoony than the other bots.

It's Vincent Tong