Awoo.

Mega Man: Fully Charged

Spin Attaxx

Between this and I Can't Beat Air Man, I think it's safe to say that they are trying to appeal to Mega Man's older audience through memes. How much do you wanna bet Dr. Light is gonna mispronounce Bert Wily's name as Wahwee?

• Absolutely 5

Seeing as how the show uses a Canadian cast and features actors from the original 90s cartoon, I'd love for Garry Chalk and Terry Klassen to reprise their roles as Guts Man and Cut Man respectively.

And Scott McNeil as Dr. Wily. I don't care if he has a goofy German accent, dude's voice fit him PERFECTLY.

10 hours ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Between this and I Can't Beat Air Man, I think it's safe to say that they are trying to appeal to Mega Man's older audience through memes. How much do you wanna bet Dr. Light is gonna mispronounce Bert Wily's name as Wahwee?

What's next? Pharaoh Man appering and punching Megaman after replicating his weapon or something?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, TheBlueGuardian said:

What's next? Pharaoh Man appering and punching Megaman after replicating his weapon or something?

Wouldn't surprise me if Cut-Man was absolutely useless and did nothing to reference the incompetent meme for the Ruby-Spears show.

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

We're got a proper look at Rush and...

ew.

...At least he doesn't have a Scooby-Doo voice?

Also, dick move on Aki's part- Wave Man's mourning the loss of his friend, and instead of trying to reconcile with him and avoid a fight- like MEGA MAN would- he takes advantage of the guy's lament by stealing his power behind his back.

15 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

...At least he doesn't have a Scooby-Doo voice?

Also, dick move on Aki's part- Wave Man's mourning the loss of his friend, and instead of trying to reconcile with him and avoid a fight- like MEGA MAN would- he takes advantage of the guy's lament by stealing his power behind his back.

That’s some new SpongeBob shit right there.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've seen the 10 eps that have been released so far to form my own judgement. This show is pretty bad sorry. The comedy falls flat cause most of it is just bad puns. Seriously 90% of the jokes are puns. Fire Man's episode means hot/fire puns, Wave Man means water/bath puns, Ice Man means ice puns and so on and so on. The most appaling thing is how Mega Man and Mega Mini love to commend themselves on how "clever" their puns are. There's a moment in the Drill Man episode where Mini tells Aki "2 Drill puns in one sentence. Nice." with Aki replying "I try". Yes the writing is that desperate to make you think it's clever. Here's the basic formula the show follows: Aki has some kind of contrived and lame dilemma(Seriously one is Rush getting sad and running away from home just because Aki jokingly called him lazy. No I'm serious.) that ties into whatever personality flaw the robot master has. After fighting and constantly mocking the robot master, everything ends with a speech about how "violence is bad" or "we shouldn't judge on appearences" that always comes across as hamfisted and insincere cause the writing is poor and spends most of its time having Mega Man needlessly being a dick to the robot master, so forgive me if I can't suddenly feel heartwarmed.

The characters are all typical archetypes that never really rise above that. Suna for example is just generic smart girl that is school president. If you were wondering if they had a good reason to replace Roll with her, well they didn't.

Also so much for the whole "This is for little kids/a new audience, it's not for old fans", the 1st ep literally starts by reenacting the opening title screen of Mega Man 2 in pixel art, the composer constantly shoves the Mega Man 2 theme in alot of places(It's Aki's ringtone for example) sometimes for no real reason, like when Mini suddenly pulls an electric guitar from his ass and plays it. Also memes and other classic remixes exist.

The animation/action coreography is nothing to write home about either. The pixel skits look cool, but wouldn't make sense to make it 8 bit pixel art rather than 16 bit considering this is more based on Classic Mega Man? There's 8 bit music, shouldn't the pixel art match that? It's kinda inconsistent.

It all comes together to form a cynically made show that is unfunny, insincere and misunderstands its source material.

It can get better I suppose, but so far, it's not just a bad Mega Man cartoon, it's a bad cartoon period. The fact that Mega Man games are no strangers to bad writing is no excuse, if the show is bad, it's just bad. If anything that's all the more reason why this show should have had more care put into it, to learn from the mistakes of the past.

• Thumbs Up 2

They try to spew some philosophy this time around, only for it to be undercut by Mega Mini making a bad joke.

11 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

They try to spew some philosophy this time around, only for it to be undercut by Mega Mini making a bad joke.

Case in point as to how shoehorning an unnecessary comic relief in can ruin a show. 

And are these animators so desperate to hit the 11-minute mark that they use that exact same, drawn-out transformation sequence in every episode?!

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, pppp said:

I've seen the 10 eps that have been released so far to form my own judgement. This show is pretty bad sorry. The comedy falls flat cause most of it is just bad puns. Seriously 90% of the jokes are puns. Fire Man's episode means hot/fire puns, Wave Man means water/bath puns, Ice Man means ice puns and so on and so on. The most appaling thing is how Mega Man and Mega Mini love to commend themselves on how "clever" their puns are. There's a moment in the Drill Man episode where Mini tells Aki "2 Drill puns in one sentence. Nice." with Aki replying "I try". Yes the writing is that desperate to make you think it's clever.

That reminds me of a gag from a Simpsons episode. It basically explains itself.

4 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

And are these animators so desperate to hit the 11-minute mark that they use that exact same, drawn-out transformation sequence in every episode?!

I mean, it's probably there specifically to fill up time, yes.  Plenty of shows create a library of reusable animations for their models/puppets so they can focus on more important scenes and details elsewhere, and some like this show, some of Man of Action's other works, and several different anime reuse scenes wholesale for the same reasons.  It can be annoying, but it's nothing new for animation.

That being said, I think that preview clip looks pretty cool honestly.  The writing isn't much to write home about, but the action there looks slick.

• Thumbs Up 2

Remember that shitty art that signaled the conception of this shitshow?

image.png.e28747d45fbb49d518c16c1da0b0d60a.png

Ah yes. I remember it well.

Earlier today, I thought of something it reminded me of...

This!

422450-turrican-genesis-front-cover.png

Just look at them. That same smug-ass grin, those goddamn eyes... practically a spitting image.

• Promotion 1

On 8/21/2018 at 11:56 PM, Nix said:

I mean, it's probably there specifically to fill up time, yes.  Plenty of shows create a library of reusable animations for their models/puppets so they can focus on more important scenes and details elsewhere, and some like this show, some of Man of Action's other works, and several different anime reuse scenes wholesale for the same reasons.  It can be annoying, but it's nothing new for animation.

That being said, I think that preview clip looks pretty cool honestly.  The writing isn't much to write home about, but the action there looks slick.

To add onto this, even the most meticulously animated works tend to have things like walk loops and mouth flaps that are readily reusable. This is because animating mouth flaps is hard so its usually easier and less expensive to just have a generic set of mouth flaps to draw from for the purpose of copying and/or editing. Likewise, animating walking, particularly when the character is shown from a perspective that lets you see their whole body while their feet touch the ground, is also extremely difficult. Its easier to pull off in 3D, true, but even that is very error prone (look at how the characters in Rapsitte Street Kids movie walk if you want to see what happens when an animator underestimates the difficulty of animating walking believably). And there's plenty more reused animation for other mundane things that are hard to animate. So long as its subtle, its not a problem, and in fact saves time and money that lets animators portray scenes with greater detail and/or complexity.

Its also nowhere near a problem in this show from what I can see, so I mean... not saying that the show isn't terrible but I do agree with you that this isn't really a major issue.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Personally I don't find the action/visuals anything to write home about, but yeah the real problem lies somewhere else.

We have title & description for Episode 11 - 18 (EDIT: sorry, I linked to the comment section)

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2018/08/mega-man-fully-charged-episodes-1118.html

Episode 11: "Unfriendly Competition" 
Aki must set aside a petty rivalry with Bert Wily in order to stop Chemistry Man from wreaking havoc at Silicon Central's Field Day. 

Episode 12: "Opposites Attract" 
Fire Man and Wave Man team up to evaporate the city's water supply, forcing Mega Man to team up with an ally of his own-Suna.

Episode 13: "I.C.E. (In Case of Emergency)" 
When Ice Man decides to be a hero, Mega Man, influenced by Ice Man's literalness, steps down from the hero biz until a true crisis snaps him out of it. 

Episode 14: "Trust Your Guts, Man!" 
Guts Man tries to undo Dr. Light's eco-friendly disposal of trash in Silicon City by infiltrating the family and destroying the Lighthouse so he can eat it! 

Episode 15: "Drill of the Hunt" 
Mega Man tries a quick fix using Hypno Woman's powers to rehabilitate Drill Man, to disastrous results! 

Episode 16: "Power Cycle" 
After replicating Elec Man's powers, an underslept/overcharged Mega Man goes on a 24/7 hero spree that ends up turning him into his own worst enemy. 

Episode 17: "Bored to Be Wild" 
Mega Man teams up with his crush, Ashley Adderley, to solve a series of science riddles left by Chemical Man, who's plotting to turn all the city's metal into rubber. 

Episode 18: "Enter the Wood Man" 
Mega Man accidentally awakens Wood Man, who thinks it's still the Hard Age, sets off on a path of destruction toward Silicon City.

We finally have Guts/Wood/Elec, while we also get a new robot named Chemistry man. I haven't watched the show yet but the girl in the opening is probably "Ashley Adderly" 

40475270_Screenshot2018-08-25at08_46_52.png.aa3b87578c3645e0fc34905737a326c0.png938857731_Screenshot2018-08-25at08_46_43.png.6b3d4c4fb84bbc6d0d67717592b91de3.png

...Mega Man officially has a school crush now, and if the intro girl is her, well that’s not really a good design either.

Every time I think it can’t get worse, it somehow gets worse.

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

...Mega Man officially has a school crush now, and if the intro girl is her, well that’s not really a good design either.

Every time I think it can’t get worse, it somehow gets worse.

This really is the Dreamwave comic now:

1448399751135.jpg

And considering they've already shown Guts Man's ass, it's probably the joke they're gonna run into the ground with him. And this show keeps reminding me more and more of Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, since they gave him an ugly new love interest, too.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, but... that Dreamwave comic looks so much better than the actual show.

Honestly, this shows seems like your typical "high school show ththat tries way too hard to be hip and acts like it's more clever than it actually is". 

• Thumbs Up 1

I want an episode where Mega Man's popularity leads to a cartoon being made about him, except it's based on the 90's cartoon and Aki spends the whole episode complaining about how unfaithful it is to the source material.

Bonus points if they get the original voice actors from the 90s cartoon to reprise their roles. They already have the original actors for Guts Man and Cut Man on the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/6/2018 at 5:22 PM, Tracker_TD said:

Also when are people going to see all these differences and realise this isn't supposed to be a straight adaptation of Classic Mega Man? "It's not got enough differences, so anyway let's complain about all the differences." I think we've hit this imaginary threshold of differences to take it as something separate a la Battle Network by now. Arguably even moreso.

Or maybe people are complaining about the show being bad and not because it's trying something different? Just an idea.  

4 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Because there's nothing creepy about a robot dating a human

Oh man, I didn't even realize that *shudders*

• Promotion 1

56 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Or maybe people are complaining about the show being bad and not because it's trying something different? Just an idea.  

Maybe if most of the complaints weren't:

- about how it's different from the games
- from disgruntled Mega Man fans (and virtually nobody else from what I've seen online)

I'd buy this.

• Thumbs Up 1