Awoo.

Mega Man: Fully Charged

Spin Attaxx

30 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

The thing about shows starting out kinda silly and episodic before becoming more dramatic and story-driven.

The problem is that there's a difference between being lighthearted for the most part while still having character development at the same time and then having darker more intense episodes that capitalize on the character development and world building that was done in the lighter episodes and shows like Fully Charged that do nothing but throw cynical bad jokes at the player, treating the characters as vehicles for jokes instead of actual people.

Disney's shows Tangled, Ducktales 2017, Star vs the Forces of Evil and Big Hero 6(Also made by Man of Action, so yeah what happened?) are great examples of how to have comedy that doesn't compromise the story and the characters. Fully Charged on the other hand only works in extremes. To these writers lighthearted means doing nothing but terrible puns, and doing something serious means going full edgy with no jokes.

Lighthearted tone doesn't mean "Just do jokes", there's alot of substance like character-driven arcs and world building that can only be achieved within lightearted episodes that these writers don't understand.

And before you mention Adventure Time starting out as surreal humor only to suddenly change to super serious, well I didn't like it there either.

14 minutes ago, pppp said:

The problem is that there's a difference between being lighthearted for the most part while still having character development at the same time and then having darker more intense episodes that capitalize on the character development and world building that was done in the lighter episodes and shows like Fully Charged that do nothing but throw cynical bad jokes at the player, treating the characters as vehicles for jokes instead of actual people.

Oh, has it? I only saw the Chemistry Museum & Woodman episodes before these two, so I really only have reference to the clearly better of those.

Also, I haven't watch Big Hero 6 since the sticky thief episode, but that kinda comes to a mind a bit.

I can't believe Fully Charged is f--king dead- Oh, wait: Yes, I can.

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2018/10/mega-man-fully-charged-removed-from.html?m=1

"When it was first announced that Mega Man Fully Charged would be airing on Cartoon Network, we pretty much unanimously arrived at the same conclusion: CN would inevitably send it out to die. And so here we are... maybe.

According to recent listings from both Cartoon Network schedule archive and TV Passport, Mega Man Fully Charged has been removed from its usual 6:30am EST timeslot on Sundays to... nowhere. No reschedule, no "mid-season" break announcement – it's just gone.

Fortunately you can still watch episodes online (new episodes are still coming out) and on-demand via US cable providers. But for all you folks who eagerly wake at the crack of Sunday's dawn for new episodes, well, I'm sorry to say it's not looking too hot. From little-to-no marketing to a morning death slot, Cartoon Network knew exactly what they wanted to do with Fully Charged from the get-go. Sad but not unexpected.

Now, does this mean the show is dead dead? Pending official word from DHX and Cartoon Network, it's hard to say. However, according to a tipster over at The Mega Man Network, the show could very well live on through Boomerang. With reruns currently airing on Boomerang since August, the possibility certainly exists. Hey, it worked for Sonic Boom.

As for the rest of the world, Fully Charged just started airing in Canada and will be heading to the UK shortly. Hopefully it'll stick around there for a little while. But all in all, I'm not feeling too confident here, guys.

We'll see what happens."

Get Equipped With: REALITY

Even though this cartoon was starting to show mild signs of improvement, especially with the Wood Man episode, I can't say I'm gonna be shedding many tears here.

36 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

"Hey, it worked for Sonic Boom."

Does someone want to tell him or

I think it's best if he sees what happens to the show.

On 10/14/2018 at 9:56 AM, VEDJ-F said:

On 10/14/2018 at 10:33 AM, RedFox99 said:

I think it's best if he sees what happens to the show.

I agree. For one thing,  Sonic Boom was actually a good show that still drew in a notable audience that could top even TTG's ratings occasionally despite having an unfair time slot.  :P

Megaman Fully Charged may not have even earned a Boomerang slot at this point. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That's honestly a bit disappointing.  Fully Charged has a lot of fun ideas and is fairly enjoyable most of the time, and recently started to get pretty interesting with Woodman's episode and the Lightfall two parter.

At least new episodes are still coming out online; guess I'll catch it there.

Seriously, the only hint of a good direction was the Woodman episode, Lightfall was trying way too hard to be edgy to be taken seriously. It's best this way than having this show dragging for 7+ seasons with only sparks of decent writing here and there.
Looking at you, Spirit Riding Free.

• Chuckle 1

Not a shock. Not only is the show sub-par at best with sparks of decent writing here and there, but with the bad marketing, bad time slot, etc, it was pretty obvious the direction the show would go. When even the UK freeview channel airing this show has it at a 3:30am slot, you know it isn't going to do particularly well, especially when Sonic Boom got tons more time slots in the UK.

I've seen around 7 or 8 episodes of the show now and haven't really enjoyed a single one. It's just a bad generic show, and it doesn't shock me one bit that this is it's fate.

• Promotion 1

3 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Didn't Boom get a sudden boost in ratings towards the end of Season 2 despite that?

18 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

It's best this way than having this show dragging for 7+ seasons with only sparks of decent writing here and there.
Looking at you, Spirit Riding Free.

That got SEVEN seasons?!

The 7th is premiering in less than a month. It helps that the seasons are so short (6-7 episodes each aproximately), so you might as well condens them in 2-3 "standard" seasons for a TV show.

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Didn't Boom get a sudden boost in ratings towards the end of Season 2 despite that?

Again, I repeat:

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

I agree. For one thing,  Sonic Boom was actually a good show that still drew in a notable audience that could top even TTG's ratings occasionally despite having an unfair time slot.  :P

Megaman Fully Charged may not have even earned a Boomerang slot at this point. 

Fully Charged ain't looking to amount to much in comparison.

It's voice acting is fluctuating, the characters aren't given much fleshing which gives the more serious episodes trouble, and the show can't place its tones to save its life.

Also, Boom was never pulled without them immediately giving it a new network home and Boomerang is surprisingly a better network for it to be on, what with not being labored donw by TTG over-saturation so naturally, it got its chance to blossom.

The main difference is that Boom had actually garnered a fanbase with positive qualities at this point. Fully Charged....not so much to say the least.

I'm not sure about the ratings of Boom or whatever, but regardless of such, with no Season 3 announcement at this point, despite the announcements of 1 and 2 happening a lot earlier in the year, and beginning it's airing at this time, as well as CN constantly screwing it over, as well as not airing Season 2 in important countries such as the UK, I don't see it continuing. Maybe if it got picked up as a Netflix Original but other than that, I doubt it.

Boom actually garnered a somewhat decent fanbase due to the good writing, funny ideas, and the characters still remaining at least somewhat true to their original forms, with exception to Knuckles and Amy at least, although at least Knux had moments of genuine hilarity, and it's beginning to become obvious S3 isn't happening.

So, if all that was the case, it becomes even more doubtful that Fully Charged will have a hope of getting past Season 1. FC technically had more of an advantage too because it released just a month before Mega Man 11. It had a main series Classic game that had a ton of buzz surrounding it because of it being a revival and evolution of the series to try build up some kind of hype for it, and that wasn't enough. Boom had two terrible tie-in games and still did better than Fully Charged. 

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Fully Charged had gone through some kind of development hell either. We've seen the early promotional material from at least mid-2016 and it only just now aired nearly three years later, having undergone a massive stylistic shift, and on top of that, early promotional material shows that the show and the robot masters - on some level were meant to be more faithful to the Classic series and in general, had a more appealing style than the pretty ugly CGI style that's currently there:

Like, it makes me wonder what happened exactly behind the scenes. Was there some kind of budget issue? Is that why they went CGI? So then they could reuse a ton of assets and just have to pose the various models instead of trying to draw every element of a given episode? At what point did things progress from this seemingly 2D more classic take on things to this really bad CGI version that changed so much while attempting to throw random throwbacks to the Classic series in and end up with a lot of just in-general heavy-handed morals?

I honestly don't know, but I'm sad to see Fully Charged ending up the way it did. It could've been something special, something like the Archie comics. A love-letter to the series and a unique take on the characters and plots, and instead it replaced and altered as many characters and elements as it could until it just became another pretty generic show. It's honestly pretty sad.

I don't care for MMFC anymore so I'm indifferent to it possibly dying......okay, I am a tiny bit relieved. But it sucks for those that actually loved it.

But you can't be too sure. I know MMFC is less known/popular, and Sonic Boom isn't a good comparison, but there can be a slight chance it will continue.

28 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

I honestly don't know, but I'm sad to see Fully Charged ending up the way it did. It could've been something special, something like the Archie comics. A love-letter to the series and a unique take on the characters and plots, and instead it replaced and altered as many characters and elements as it could until it just became another pretty generic show. It's honestly pretty sad.

Tbh they could've done a direct adaptation of Megaman Classics with some original fillers (Archie) or with a lot of creative liberties (Megamix). Just, keep/respect the source material, especially in design. With MM11 being released, a lot of people would've checked it out if it had the same design.

Or, you know, go full original like that pachinko game. Give us Lady Light and two girl sidekicks. Go crazy so no one can compare it to a pre-existing series.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've heard the show's just on break and might come back on November 11th, but if it doesn't, I will be pretty miffed. I actually think Fully Charged was starting to get its act together and become a more enjoyable show, and it would be infuriating to see it removed from the schedule permanently at such a point.

I don't think I'll ever understand what goes through the head of whoever decides CN's scheduling.

GET EQUIPPED WITH

F SALUTE

AND RUSH F

it was only a matter of time, tbh. Mediocre show and poor scheduling, it didn't stand a chance with Cartoon Network. And unlike Sonic Boom, no one will come to Boomerang to watch this show. I'm more shocked by anything by how fast it happened, we didn't even get through a full season, nor halfway through it.

It boils down to the fact that Fully Charged was never gonna grab a big enough audience because of a reason even worst then the fact that everything before the Wood Man episode is garbage(Aside from the second Hypnowoman episode, that wasn't that bad):

It lacks a focus and a clear identity. Let's think about it, is this show made for the fans of the games? Well no, it goes out of its way to get the classic canon wrong, like replacing Roll with a new character with a far less appealing design and charm or turning Wily into Aki's best friend at school.

Is it for new fans, little kids that never heard of Mega Man and this is a new spin on the franchise for a new generation? Well then why is the show shoving the Mega Man 2 theme in our ears so often, constantly shoving in reference to Classic, referencing memes that only fans will get and doing pointless pixel art transitions?

Seriously who is this show for? It's not that there aren't people that like it, it's just that the aimlessness of the show means it won't get an audience that can support it enough, although yead the bad writing and bland visuals don't help.

I'm gonna go one further, you know why Teen Titans Go does still have an audience that sticks up for it and it did have good ratings at one point?

That's because despite its lack of quality it knows what it wants to be: a zany comedy for really little kids with poop humor and bright colors.

Yeah its a bad one, but it's still got a firm grasp on what it wants to focus on and sticks with it.

Fully Charged has identity issues, plot focus issues and jumped from one extreme to the other in terms of tone in the recent episodes, making it seem awfully inconsistent and at odds with itself.

Sonic Boom survived 2 seasons because regardless what you think of it, it was a show that picked a direction and stuck to it, causing fans of that specific direction to flock to it.

• Thumbs Up 6

8 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Anyone think this show might've taken on some of what the MIghty No 9 cartoon was supposed to be?

Maybe??? We have zero info on what the MN9 cartoon was. The only connection I can see right now (along with Megaman11) is the protagonist being affected by the power they copy either mentally or physically. 

Oh yeah, the creative team finished recording the "final episode":

Well, it feels a bit early for recording Episode 52...or is that how cartoon industries work?

1 hour ago, KoDaiko said:

Maybe??? We have zero info on what the MN9 cartoon was. The only connection I can see right now (along with Megaman11) is the protagonist being affected by the power they copy either mentally or physically. 

Well, that and Megaman's hand/cannon changing based on form.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

This thread’s been awfully quiet for a while. Then again, it’s probably for the best, isn’t it?

Well, there's... not much to talk about. There haven't really been any new episodes for a while.

32 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Well, there's... not much to talk about. There haven't really been any new episodes for a while.

I heard the mini-hiatus is supposed to end 11/11 (which is today). 860098870_Screenshot2018-11-11at07_39_39.thumb.png.77c0d9fbe6b49a27d48042bf8254e4dc.png